Lighting Options for a Besta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you need something stronger 3M exterior doublesided VHB tape is the way to go. VHB-Very High Bond :D

Hi:wave I was just wondering if you're using the lights from the first post or did you get that pack of 6 that was posted? Thanks:)

Nice have you had to change the batteries on any of them yet? Can you turn on one light at a time with the remote?

Nice have you had to change the batteries on any of them yet? Can you turn on one light at a time with the remote?

I haven't had to change the batteries yet but then again I also don't have them on often. The remote turns on and off all 6 at a time. You can also turn each puck light on and off individually as well by pushing on them like any other puck light.

Haha na, at eye level only the lights on the top two shelves are visible so I decided not to go through the trouble.

That's cool. Speaking of seeing things at eye level, I was working on putting a Besta "shallow bookcase" together yesterday (using it for DVDs since it's only about 8 inches deep) and I couldn't quite get the shelves all the way down on all of the tabs. A couple of them were visible at eye level and it was driving me craaaazy:pfft::gah:
:lol

Thanks again for the info. I will definitelyl keep those in mind. I didn't notice but are you using all six on that one case?

That's cool. Speaking of seeing things at eye level, I was working on putting a Besta "shallow bookcase" together yesterday (using it for DVDs since it's only about 8 inches deep) and I couldn't quite get the shelves all the way down on all of the tabs. A couple of them were visible at eye level and it was driving me craaaazy:pfft::gah:
:lol

Thanks again for the info. I will definitelyl keep those in mind. I didn't notice but are you using all six on that one case?

No problem. Something like that would bug the heck out of me as well! Yup, using all 6.

Are you afraid of the LEDs falling?

Nope...it better not, lol

I ended up going with the pack of 6, the ones in the first post were too bulky for me but were my initial findings of lights with wireless remotes. The pack of 6 are the perfect size and with the wireless remote option I wanted.

https://www.costco.com/Browse/Produ...ss lights&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode matchallpartial

Hi kinqcuonq, what is the name of the product? The link that you gave above does not work, it said product is not available. Is it only available online or we can go to costco and buy it?

Hi kinqcuonq, what is the name of the product? The link that you gave above does not work, it said product is not available. Is it only available online or we can go to costco and buy it?

They were the Lightmates 6-Pack Led Wireless Puck Light. It seems like they are not available online at costco at the moment, weird :huh. You can check your local costco to see if they have them to save on shipping, mines didn't have them so I ordered online. From the looks of it I'm glad I did because amazon has them at flipping prices.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightmates-LITE00113-Wireless-Switch-6-Pack/dp/B004H7TABC

They were the Lightmates 6-Pack Led Wireless Puck Light. It seems like they are not available online at costco at the moment, weird :huh. You can check your local costco to see if they have them to save on shipping, mines didn't have them so I ordered online. From the looks of it I'm glad I did because amazon has them at flipping prices.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightmates-LITE00113-Wireless-Switch-6-Pack/dp/B004H7TABC

How much was it at Costco?

While browsing amazon I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OF408E/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=hi&psc=1

What do you think about this? It's pretty cheap, but my concern is the light is not bright enough. It does not have a remote like yours but I think I am fine without it. Thanks.

How much was it at Costco?

While browsing amazon I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OF408E/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=hi&psc=1

What do you think about this? It's pretty cheap, but my concern is the light is not bright enough. It does not have a remote like yours but I think I am fine without it. Thanks.

At costco's website, it was $68.99. If you don't care about the remote option, you have a ton of options of puck lighting at your disposal. The ones you linked also have 5 leds in each of the puck light like mines, I would assume they are the same brightness. That swivel option is also a big plus :rock

Nice thread King :clap

Edit: Costco has discontinued those pucks. Do you know the dimensions of those lights so I can search for a similar product?

Last edited:
Home Depot carry's a 3 LED wireless puck that is a cheap alternative. The big drawback is that they have a push button to activate, no remote control. Not sure if 3 LED's would be sufficient to light up a piece appropriately either.

Nice thread King :clap

Edit: Costco has discontinued those pucks. Do you know the dimensions of those lights so I can search for a similar product?

I measured it and it came out to be 3.5 inch in diameter and 0.5 inch in thickness. I hope Costco just ran out and didn't discontinued it, I wanted another set :( Only amazon carries it for 99.00! :mad:

I measured it and it came out to be 3.5 inch in diameter and 0.5 inch in thickness. I hope Costco just ran out and didn't discontinued it, I wanted another set :( Only amazon carries it for 99.00! :mad:

Thank you for measuring.

When i clicked the product link it says it was discontinued, my local Costco does not carry that anymore either :panic:

Back