Lifesize Darth Malgus Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real high end collectors, huge star wars fans, and those people who do have the money to collect all the life size stuff will get something like this.

I'll give it a little credit. Sure it's some nobody character from a video game.
But at least that makes it original I guess. Perhaps that's why they chose to do this?
And it does look pretty menacing, and the features and light up saber make it neat too.

It does seems crazy, but hell, I'll be spending close to 2 grand to get the Neytiri Maquette lol

Yeah, there's even some ignorant dumb____ that is saying it's "odd" that they would make up a character for the game instead of using one that we've already seen from the movies.

What has happened to intelligence?... :slap

Cracks me up to see all the comments from non collectors... reminds me how crazy "normal" people find us collectors.

No kidding. It's even more extreme since collectors think the price tag for this is crazy.

Well I assume that since not a single member said that they ordered. The thread is normally rampant with 'ordered' after a product goes up.

Guys I think this monstrosity is well worth the price but I question SS's selection process..WTF would spend 6000$ on an unknown character from a video game? A full size Wonder Woman or Catwoman would've been an instant sellout

Darth-Malgus-Trio.jpg

The game was just released. Millions of people have been orgasming over this character in the trailers for like, three years...if they were ever going to sell this, now would be near the perfect time.

I've never seen this character before..but its not very original looking..Looks like a slightly altered version of Darth Vader without a mask..The makers of this thing show serious lack of creativity....

I agree..I still love the character though.
I think they made him with that in mind. They probably wanted him to be the "Vader"-like character of that time.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=635zWY_HhNM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=635zWY_HhNM[/ame]

WTF would spend 6000$ on an unknown character from a video game? A full size Wonder Woman or Catwoman would've been an instant sellout

At $6000 nothing would be an instant sellout or else the Bronze pieces around this price of truly iconic characters wouldn't be sitting at SSC in stock. When you cross over $1000 you are entering into a strictly limited niche of collecting. People were _____ing about spending $200 on an HT piece I just don't see them blindly smiling and bending over for a $2000 LSF let alone a full size at three times that price no matter who the character is.

The choice of character is strange but then it might be LFL mandated for all we know. I doubt there are hundreds of these sitting on the shelves at the warehouse or ever will be. I would be shocked if this wasn't going made to order with a couple of extras.

Someone will buy it and display and it'll appeal to some others but I would simply take this as two indications:

1: This is the base prices of Sideshow's 1:1. People scoffed at Threepio and Artoo and said there were hundreds of reasons they were priced at that point but here we are.

2:Maglus isn't much more complex than Maul, I would say only slightly so, therefore when we get to eventual Darth Vaders, Stormtroopers, Boba Fetts, we know that the prices will go up from here.

For the majority of us, this is all the purpose this piece serves.

I've never seen this character before..but its not very original looking..Looks like a slightly altered version of Darth Vader without a mask..The makers of this thing show serious lack of creativity....

Hes supposed to be using the technology that sustains Vader, but a couple thousand years pre Vader, so its supposed to look similar but more archaic, so....

Hes supposed to be using the technology that sustains Vader, but a couple thousand years pre Vader, so its supposed to look similar but more archaic, so....
And everything in SW looks similar from different time periods anyway...

This thing will adhere to the most hardcore of Star Wars nerds and SW nerds usually have deep wallets. I still seriously question the character selection though...SS doesn't seem capable of conducting decent market research...

Back