Life Size Chucky

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chucky wanted to go to the Despinsary.
51751444_10156271345288565_3524101291494080512_n.jpg

52115579_10156271716608565_9028070472222244864_n.jpg

52135166_10156271723713565_3452945679243018240_n.jpg

51944610_10156271723873565_1281714233645465600_n.jpg

52591476_10156271770648565_6912324034084470784_n.jpg

52016135_10156271767078565_8494070449506877440_n.jpg

Last edited:
The doll on the site is what we were infact supposed to receive, just like the majority of the items on their site it’s a proto/painted master sent by the collaborating artist.

Garrett revamped his paint scheme and how he cuts/styles the hair sometime between 2017/2018, we even saw an update of that on the Kickstarter and Garrett shared on Instagram how he paints his dolls now

5dedca72773e1cbc612ca9ba806a597c.jpg

We were originally supposed to receive a screen printed fabric for the sweater and overall cuffs but that was changed to a sweater knit material like the film.

And of course the choice to cast in vinyl which is an actual blessing imo!

The doll that you think never actually belong to TOTS to begin with can actually still be seen briefly in the corner of the last sample unboxing video with Chris zephro months back.

I don’t see how they could’ve made this any better for the price it’s at, you’re literally expecting to much for so little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the tots doll is cast in vinyl. What are Garrets dolls cast in? Resin? Which one is better? how and why? If Garrett uses resin why is it more expensive?

It’s a poly foam body cast with a skeletal frame inside it cast exactly like Garretts

I’m sure he uses resin I actually haven’t asked but it’s solid piece, it’s personal preference. A lot of people will be used to resin as it’s used within a lot of collectibles.
As a mask collector I have a few vinyl piece and I personally prefer it.

I think you’re forget that these independent artist (Garrett included) won’t be paying anything close to the price for their materials that a mass company like TOTS will be.
So it will always be cheaper for a big company to put something like this out without it being s***

Nft wig is an exception though, I think those cost a bomb to make.
Garrett also includes a fully finished battery compartment in his dolls with finished batteries

It’s a poly foam body cast with a skeletal frame inside it cast exactly like Garretts

I’m sure he uses resin I actually haven’t asked but it’s solid piece, it’s personal preference. A lot of people will be used to resin as it’s used within a lot of collectibles.
As a mask collector I have a few vinyl piece and I personally prefer it.

I think you’re forget that these independent artist (Garrett included) won’t be paying anything close to the price for their materials that a mass company like TOTS will be.
So it will always be cheaper for a big company to put something like this out without it being s***

Nft wig is an exception though, I think those cost a bomb to make.
Garrett also includes a fully finished battery compartment in his dolls with finished batteries

I’d like to know which is better in terms of longevity. I kmow the body is made of foam. I’m talking about the head. I read somewhere that Garrett uses resin. Maybe I’m confusing it with other creator.

The battery compartment, though nice to have is not a deal breaker. The logo being off or the sleeves being tight is not a big deal. The hair is where is lacking and this is the most important aspect of the doll. Its what makes the doll. Again, it comes to your standards. It’s the best good guy you’ll get for $500 but many of us thought the final product, especially the hair would be a little better.

I’d like to know which is better in terms of longevity. I kmow the body is made of foam. I’m talking about the head. I read somewhere that Garrett uses resin. Maybe I’m confusing it with other creator.

The battery compartment, though nice to have is not a deal breaker. The logo being off or the sleeves being tight is not a big deal. The hair is where is lacking and this is the most important aspect of the doll. Its what makes the doll. Again, it comes to your standards. It’s the best good guy you’ll get for $500 but many of us thought the final product, especially the hair would be a little better.

I couldn’t say about resins life span I haven’t had anything cast in it before, vinyl to my knowledge doesn’t rot. I actually have a mask cast in vinyl that’s close to 40 y/o and still pristine.
I’ve said multiple times in the thread I think Garrett uses resin...

I’m not sure how you can say you aren’t bother about the sleeves or the logo when youve done nothing but moan like **** when the first dolls were showing up in collector hands.
Regarding the sweater Garrett has state the collar needs to be pulled up as I’ve also said and the sleeves need to be stretched up because the knit is new.

The entire website is practically full of false advertisement and so is just about every other site that features a photograph of a proto, there is always going to be some slight difference that’s just retail.

You probably shouldn’t have bought this product you’re clearly not happy with anything regarding it.

Tots have never needed the time to come up with their own doll I don’t get why you’re saying this. The delay was to upgrade the choice of casting material and the sweater knit!

And again Garrett is using a screen used head from the first film for paint reference now so how can it be less accurate or “better” than his paint scheme from 2 years ago?

The hatred in this thread, by a select few, really is comical. If you don’t like the TOTS doll or feel like there was some conspiracy to deceive you then move along. The same nonsense is being regurgitated over and over by the same people. We get it, Zima and TOTS fooled you and stole your hard earned cash to only send you a terrible doll. Get your pitchforks and torches and storm the castle!

Laughable...

Personally for a doll, I’d rather the head, hands and feet be cast in vinyl. It it falls or bumps something it’s not gonna chip or break. Resin may feel heavier and better, but on display they’re identical.

This piece is UNBELIEVABLE for $500. Rufian feeling cheated shows how foolish he is. The only flaw I can see is the GOOD GUYS logo on most is about 1/4”-1/2” too low. It’s so minor. Anyone looking at this gorgeous doll and focusing on THAT......the problem is with person not the doll.

Personally for a doll, I’d rather the head, hands and feet be cast in vinyl. It it falls or bumps something it’s not gonna chip or break. Resin may feel heavier and better, but on display they’re identical.

This piece is UNBELIEVABLE for $500. Rufian feeling cheated shows how foolish he is. The only flaw I can see is the GOOD GUYS logo on most is about 1/4”-1/2” too low. It’s so minor. Anyone looking at this gorgeous doll and focusing on THAT......the problem is with person not the doll.

The guy is clearly a stupid troll. Rufook needs to grow up.

I couldn’t say about resins life span I haven’t had anything cast in it before, vinyl to my knowledge doesn’t rot. I actually have a mask cast in vinyl that’s close to 40 y/o and still pristine.
I’ve said multiple times in the thread I think Garrett uses resin...

I’m not sure how you can say you aren’t bother about the sleeves or the logo when youve done nothing but moan like **** when the first dolls were showing up in collector hands.
Regarding the sweater Garrett has state the collar needs to be pulled up as I’ve also said and the sleeves need to be stretched up because the knit is new.

The entire website is practically full of false advertisement and so is just about every other site that features a photograph of a proto, there is always going to be some slight difference that’s just retail.

You probably shouldn’t have bought this product you’re clearly not happy with anything regarding it.

Tots have never needed the time to come up with their own doll I don’t get why you’re saying this. The delay was to upgrade the choice of casting material and the sweater knit!

And again Garrett is using a screen used head from the first film for paint reference now so how can it be less accurate or “better” than his paint scheme from 2 years ago?

How do you feel about your resin doll possibly yellowing in the future?

Agree. This doll is damn near perfect. Can a few things be nitpicked, sure, but all in all its amazing to even be able to finally purchase a good guy without spending thousands.

Rufian has been complaining for a week now and obviously has issues with himself to be so obsessive over a toy. He could have have said all his complaints in one post and moved along. There's got to be more important things in life to obsess over. Wish people would just stop replying to him at this point. He's become a troll.

Where are you guys buying this from? I don't feel like going through 100 plus pages. The doll looks fantastic.

Back