LIFE-SIZE C-3PO and R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are already two threads for these ...

And it was confirmed that while these may be made available in the future, they are only for photo ops.

:monkey3

LOTRFan said:
There are already two threads for these ...

And it was confirmed that while these may be made available in the future, they are only for photo ops.

:monkey3

OOPS! I got a little carried away there, but I didn't see anyone mentioning them in the other threads. It's all good. We're all going to be horribly poor next year. :rotfl :maul

:cool: If I remember correctly the R2 was malfunctioning quite a bit during the Comic Con; if they can fix that, I would really consider one. :cool:

congerking said:
has anybody heard of a price for the droids?
I dont think they have even hinted at it yet, but I would guess 1000-2000 for R2-D2 and maybe double for C-3PO based on the Terminator items of simular size.

mfoga said:
I dont think they have even hinted at it yet, but I would guess 1000-2000 for R2-D2 and maybe double for C-3PO based on the Terminator items of simular size.

I'd definitely say more than that. If a Maul or Greedo bust is $600, there's no way a full-size R2 will only be $1-2k. Probably more like $3k and C-3PO closer to $5k(since the T2 endo is $6k).

I wonder what the edition size will be. Im guessing maybe 100. And I think they should offer both of them for $8000. I just wonder what kind of jobs people have that can afford these.

jason2885 said:
I wonder what the edition size will be. Im guessing maybe 100. And I think they should offer both of them for $8000. I just wonder what kind of jobs people have that can afford these.

Good paying ones :lol

I wonder if they will only be sold as a set? I'd be inclined to at least think about getting an R2 if he were only 2K.

Darth Loki said:

I wonder if they will only be sold as a set? I'd be inclined to at least think about getting an R2 if he were only 2K.

I can maybe buy 2 sets of both droids on my annual salary. :rotfl :rotfl But I'm all up for donations

Darth Loki said:

I am with you , but I hope R2-D2 is less then that. The 1:2 scale Terminator T-800 would be about the same height but the T-800 seems like it would be much more detailed to sculpt.

I have no interest in C-3PO though.

Maybe they should make more of the R2's than 3PO's. I guess some body could always get a couple R2's and do a repaint and make an R2-Q5 or some of other astromech.

mfoga said:
I would guess 1000-2000 for R2-D2

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

These will be a minimum of $5,000 each. The Don Post R2-D2 was $5,000. The Don Post C-3PO was $7,500, then they upped the price even more than that to around $10,000 because of how difficult it was to produce. Plus, remember these are 1990's dollars, so they would be even more now.

I think $10,000 for the SS C-3PO and $7,500 for R2-D2 would be fairly reasonable if the quality is there.

elwood49 said:
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

These will be a minimum of $5,000 each. The Don Post R2-D2 was $5,000. The Don Post C-3PO was $7,500, then they upped the price even more than that to around $10,000 because of how difficult it was to produce. Plus, remember these are 1990's dollars, so they would be even more now.

I think $10,000 for the SS C-3PO and $7,500 for R2-D2 would be fairly reasonable if the quality is there.

Nah, Sideshow knows they wouldn't be able to sell them for that much(especially since they have already been done before by DP as you mentioned). I can easily see R2-D2 for $3-4k and C-3PO for $5-6k. If the 1:1 Terminator endo is only $6k I don't see any reason for 3PO to cost any more than that.

Brent72 said:
Nah, Sideshow knows they wouldn't be able to sell them for that much(especially since they have already been done before by DP as you mentioned). I can easily see R2-D2 for $3-4k and C-3PO for $5-6k. If the 1:1 Terminator endo is only $6k I don't see any reason for 3PO to cost any more than that.

i agree. those numbers look more reasonable.

Back