Lieutenant Columbo 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmmm... I think the head is finished but, He tell me "Oh,,, just one more thing..."

anyway show you a pic of the head almost finished.

columbo.jpg

Did something changed between your first pic and this last one? Because now he seems a little "pudgy" (slightly fat), with a more wider face. Also, for some unknown reason (maybe am seeing things), he seems a little "off", don't know what it is.

Something like my pick below should look maybe better (i just narrowed the face from the sides)

columbo22.jpg

I'm very curious to what other people think (but alex, it's a great job, don't think otherwise!) :)

Also, here's a little mock-up paint i did, just to give an idea :),

columbocopy.jpg

Last edited:
For me, it looks a little like Joe Pesci, but with alex's new minor tweaks i think he'll be perfect.

From the side, it's dead on. Straight on, i think it's 99.99% there, just a little something off (maybe it's the thinness of the lips? or maybe it's in my head). Dude, alex, you rock
emotblissysmile.gif

Is this the before the cast head?

Ah! like columbo says "just one more thing"
Yes, this is the SH before casting so, I can check some fine setails like lips yet.

....another novice caster head question, is there a better color from resin coppys? withe, grey, or other?...

Below i attached his head that looks closer to what you've done.

I've superimposed your first pic over this one, resized it and such, and yours it's almost spot on, except some details that, even now, don't know what they are (first it looked like it was the wideness of the mouth, then the chin was too small, then the eyes too low :D).

coln.jpg

Last edited:
must say that I had not seen this photo, it's good to see the resemblance, surely will take it into account in refining the last details.

Thanks!!

...at this point of the sculpture, I used to leave once the model, perhaps a day or two and seeing this again clarifies things a bit more before curing Sculpy and copy it...

...at this point of the sculpture, I used to leave once the model, perhaps a day or two and seeing this again clarifies things a bit more before curing Sculpy and copy it...

Sounds like a plan, leave it a day or two to clear the mind :)

Quick question, what have you change between this pic

columbopre.jpg

and the latest ones?

ps: don't forget to also give me a pm about how to get him, once it's done :D

man, it's beautiful. i think it's about as perfect as you need. alex, can you pm me for info on how to order this beaut?

thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks you,
I will send you a PM when have ready some coppys of him.
What color of resin is the best?????

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan, leave it a day or two to clear the mind :)

Quick question, what have you change between this pic

columbopre.jpg

and the latest ones?

IT'S A GOOD QUESTION!!
I don't know my friend.
I sculpted the first step showed with pics only, and then I saw life action from DVD show and made changes...

columbopre.jpg
LTcolumbo-1.jpg

Hm.. i think you've worked on the chin, making it more pointy, whereas before looked a little better. Also looks like you've made his forehead smaller and his face a little wider, whereas for me it looked ok before. But PLEASE, take my opinions with a grain of salt, because i really appreciate what you've done, you're a great sculptor and i think it looks very good, but i think i would've preferred the one in the first pic. When you have the time you could try to take a pic of the new hs from the same angle, and then we'll be sure.

Last edited:
Back