LHC may cause mini black hole and swallow earth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder what its like in a black hole... could be fun. :)

There's a water park in Orlando with a ride called the black hole. Looks pretty fun, but I don't do water parks.

Now that I think about it, they used a particle accelerator to create dark matter in Dan Brown's Angels and Demons and they bottled it. Maybe they have a contingency plan like that.

Don't worry... there's nothing to worry about... I don't think they will get to their full experiments until 2012... oh wait! Isn't that when the Mayan calendar runs out? :D

The real question we must ask is this: Where are the time travellers warning them not to go ahead with this? Either the experiment is a success and the reason Bruce Willis didn't bother intervening is because it turned out there was no need or, yes, we will in fact be sucked out of existence by a black hole - chronologically before Doc Brown ever gets to invent the flux capacitor ergo no time travellers!!

But in all seriousness its my understanding they aren't doing anything that doesn't happen naturally up in our atmosphere anyway - they're just doing it in a controlled environment where it can be monitored.

Earth really is overrated. If all else fails, I expect this guy to save us

doctor-who-tennant33.jpg

Stephen Hawking was on television, stating that we had nothing to worry about. I think if anyone was to make a statement like that and have us believe it it would be S. Hawking.

No it isn't they just turned the ^^^^er on, the major testing will be in octobre. as for Hawking his evaparation theorie about black holes has been proven wrong. If microscopic black holes are created they won't dissolve (note that the evaparation theorie is the only safety-net and it doesn't even hold ground anymore). Hawkins is not a good source. Also the CERN safety press-release hasn't been great since it isn't even backed up by physics.

Also note that we will not know if the tests gave life to black holes untill the last few minutes of our destruction. They won't be detectable. It can takes months, years decades etc.... One scientist calculations conclude it will take 5 years.

Back