Lets See You.......The Lets get 'Shopped Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it is. This is a forum that's wide open for all to see. There are no restrictions whatsoever about who gets to view the photos posted here and the "save as..." function is open to all, even non-members and search engine spiders. All the moderators can do is restrict what gets posted here. Anybody can do whatever the hell they want to any photo posted here or anywhere else on the internet and there isn't a whole lot anybody can do about it.

You know all those funny pictures that people find on Google image search and post here? Those originated on other web sites, moderated or not, and ended up being posted on a message board for toys to be mocked by all. Those photos posted to the "Let's see you...." thread? They're on Google image search too. One day, somebody from a muscle car message board may stumble across a photo on there, think it's funny, and post it over to musclecarcollectors.com for all to mock. That's the risk you take for posting something online.

I'm not talking about what people can or cannot find through Google images. I'm talking about the way we treat one another as fellow freaks right here on the boards. We are all bound to a set of rules. When those rules are not followed we are all subject to being infracted, and eventually banned.

But my point is that that shouldn't be the reason we treat one another decently. We should be decent to one another because we are all part of a community. Each post that you read was typed by a real person, not just a mindless internet drone. Why should the established norms of decency and respect in any "real world" community fall away just because this community happens to be on the WWW?

Am I the only one that sees it that way? Am I just an idealist?

2lawyh4.jpg

disclaimer: I don't give a ____ if anyone shops any photo I post.

2174313_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Classic ! Love the expression ! LOL>

Hey if yuo don't want to get shopped... don't post. Easy as that.

If you don't agree... don't frequent the thread. :peace

Fair enough. :)

But just to be clear, I don't have any problem with being photoshopped. I just found it offensive to be labeled as the guy who wanks to the pictures of the ladies here. :lol

All the other shops of me were great. And the above shops are awesome! :rock

Back