Lets See You.......The Lets get 'Shopped Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just come up, with an idea that will resurrect the idea of the first thread. Everyone knows that this thread is photoshop friendly. So those who do not want to be photoshopped can use the old thread. Those who do not mind can use this thread. Just use it like a regular "let's see you" thread and let the photoshops fall were they may as they did in the previous thread. We all just need to develope the attitude that this is now the primary "let's see you" thread. Not every pic needs to be shopped.

Sort of like the other thread has been made for "no photoshopping".

Edit - And I think Devil made a good start with it.

Love this idea. Instead of a "Let's get 'Shopped" thread, make a "Whiney little _____es who want to post pictures but are afraid their fragile little egos won't be able to take a little fun" thread.

This makes the "Let's See You...." thread fun again and doesn't pressure anybody to make a 'shop of everything in there.

Make it so.

Love this idea. Instead of a "Let's get 'Shopped" thread, make a "Whiney little _____es who want to post pictures but are afraid their fragile little egos won't be able to take a little fun" thread.

Probably easier just to call it the maglor thread :monkey3

OK people let's get the ball rolling. Let's get some pictures in here. You all do not want it to be me that starts with the pics. Let's get some of you normal humans to go first!

Probably easier just to call it the maglor thread :monkey3

:moon :moon :moon

Does everybody really feel comfortable posting a picture knowing that they are giving everybody free license to photoshop the pic in any way there little heart desires? Think about the possibilities.

I still think the best policy is for the photoshopers to use discretion. However, even then there will be people who take offense (Pixel's toe). So the second best option is for the photoshoper to send a quick PM of the retouched pic to the subject for approval before public posting. This is logical and would be sooooo easy. There is no need for two threads.

:moon :moon :moon

Does everybody really feel comfortable posting a picture knowing that they are giving everybody free license to photoshop the pic in any way there little heart desires? Think about the possibilities.

This is something somebody needs to think every time the post *anything* to the internet. The only thing segregating threads on here did was suck all the fun from the thread.

I can still photoshop the ____ out of every photo posted to either thread and post it wherever I want. No amount of whining can stop me.

This is something somebody needs to think every time the post *anything* to the internet. The only thing segregating threads on here did was suck all the fun from the thread.

I can still photoshop the ____ out of every photo posted to either thread and post it wherever I want. No amount of whining can stop me.

Oh snap! Buki on a rampage! :lol

Listen...calm down...pop in ur Blu-Ray of New Moon and just sulk in the presents of Jacob. :cool: :monkey5

That's it. As soon as I get some free time, it's Twilight 'shops for everybody!!!!!!!

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

That dude has such a bad reputation here it's funny! :lol

:lol Yeah that's hilarious! :hi5:

You got it all figured out don't you Bam. :clap

I thought I wanted to win you over, but I'd much prefer to keep you in the people I have a "bad reputation" category.

I actuall agree with kabuki. When you decide to post pics of yourself on a public forum it really is on you. Devil shopped me on some Guido dude. All in good fun. I posted the pic. I don't care what people do.

This is not just the internet.

Sure, if you post a video on youtube it's on you if you make a fool out of yourself and you get blasted for it. But this is a moderated forum with established rules. More importantly, this is a community. People of all walks of life come here to share there enjoyment of collecting things that 99.9% of the world doesn't give a rip about. We should have each others back and treat one another with respect.

The "Let's See You" thread is a place for us to see what our fellow collectors look like so that we can put a face to the name. I feel that anyone should be able to post a picture of themselves on these forums without fear that the picture will be misused. Sure, that thread is a place for goofing around to, and Photoshopping done in fun adds to the enjoyment. But I don't think anyone should have to worry that posting a pic here will lead to ridicule and humiliation.

I actuall agree with kabuki. When you decide to post pics of yourself on a public forum it really is on you. Devil shopped me on some Guido dude. All in good fun. I posted the pic. I don't care what people do.

Yeah, well that photoshop was awesome, and there was nothing offensive about it. As you say, it was clearly done in a spirit of good fun. And it would never lead to any sincere ridicule.

And let me be clear that I agree that segregated threads is not the answer.

This is not just the internet.

Yeah, it is. This is a forum that's wide open for all to see. There are no restrictions whatsoever about who gets to view the photos posted here and the "save as..." function is open to all, even non-members and search engine spiders. All the moderators can do is restrict what gets posted here. Anybody can do whatever the hell they want to any photo posted here or anywhere else on the internet and there isn't a whole lot anybody can do about it.

You know all those funny pictures that people find on Google image search and post here? Those originated on other web sites, moderated or not, and ended up being posted on a message board for toys to be mocked by all. Those photos posted to the "Let's see you...." thread? They're on Google image search too. One day, somebody from a muscle car message board may stumble across a photo on there, think it's funny, and post it over to musclecarcollectors.com for all to mock. That's the risk you take for posting something online.

Hell, you don't even have to be the one posting the photo. Just ask Cigar Guy: https://tech.spreadit.org/cigar-guy/

image6926880.jpg

cigarguy473x353.jpg

cigarguy4.jpg

Back