1/6 let's get to it...joe themed contest...CLOSED...BUT STAY TUNED FOR NEW ONES...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: let's get to it...joe themed contest...starts...now! prizes update...1st post...

if i had to choose..it'd be mindbender..just cause of the pants...lol....BUT im not the one judging it....so it's not up to me..sigh....

Re: let's get to it...joe themed contest...ends at 12a tonight..last call!

man! everyone of you have done a great job. Big thanks to spider for setting this up and extending it 24 hours so the procrastinators can put up pics.

Wow! Impressive bunch of figures. It never ceases to amaze me on the talent here. Fine job on all.

Username, I was never much on Croc but you made him look great.

Groovy34, Now you put in some work on that suit. Nice!

Evilface, Another dead ringer as usual! Customized to the end.

Stealthfox, We can never have enough Mercers right? I really dig the custom Crimson jacket use.

King, Started on Mercer V2 but you beat me to it and nailed him. I too got some of the arm plating from Avengers Thor instead of the original for right arm but that really worked well. Kudos man.

YT74, Awesome Bender. All I can say... I really dig the use of the chains.

SVantley, You pulled the Eel off nicely. I always loved the color scheme and pattern which you nailed.

I hope more put in! This reminds me when the new fold-out brochures that used to come out with new figures and vehicles! Great memories...
Back to the drawing boards...

Username, I was never much on Croc but you made him look great.

Thanks.
He was never my fave either, but i managed to pick up a few light armour Thor bodies from a chinese seller and i thought it would be perfect for him.
If we run another competition like this, or if this becomes a regular thing(which i would be up for), i have some other cool characters i want to give a modern spin to.

I'm definitely in for more! Would be fun to have a theme for one of them, so many Joes to choose from it can be a little overwhelming. I didn't swing very far for the fences here, but I had a ton of fun putting together my 2nd favorite Joe. Will have some more photos later.

fUEqlyJ.jpg

czwGpws.png

Crap... Here's my WIP. I'll have final photos tonight with all of his gear!

DSC03828_zps0cbdc81b.jpg
DSC03826_zpsc51bb52b.jpg
DSC03830_zpsd1d6ea4e.jpg
DSC03829_zpsd3c87aa3.jpg

Roadblocks's a beast!

great stuff you guys..the real point of this was to try and bring some life back into the joes..even if for just a few minutes..lol...
next time...we can maybe narrow it down a bit or have a more specific type contest...but so far..im lovin what im seeing....

digging Roadblock

Great work with those latest entries!
This was a great idea.

great stuff you guys..the real point of this was to try and bring some life back into the joes..even if for just a few minutes..lol...
next time...we can maybe narrow it down a bit or have a more specific type contest...but so far..im lovin what im seeing....

I'd like being able to have free reign over the subject i choose in the contest. I have an idea for what i am going to do next time.
But it's all good if there is a consensus.

I an jealous of Roadblock.

Roadblock is looking good:clap. Good thing it's not based on the best custom bash I would have finished last.

Awesome stuff! I am in for the next round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadblock is a monster! :rock

So many great customs, gotta admit that Thunder is still blowing my hair back.

Back