LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad that FML explained the situation BEFORE Pjam posted the Beatle heads...otherwise a LOT of people might have been upset. Can't wait to see them!

And congratulations on the show. I wish I were lucky enough to see all those wonderful figures in person.

Congrats Les! BTW, is that your Elder repaint in your Avatar... or a new piece?

Either way it looks kickass :rock :rock :rock

Hey Guys.

I have been out of town and out of touch but just returned. Yes, Les had/has a number of my heads in queue for some time, including my Carson Deckard and more, etc and I asked him to place my Beatles heads in their place and put those in the back of the line, or in line when he received the Beatles heads so I just wanted everyone to know I only bumped MYSELF. :lol Cool? Okay, cool. :D

I will post pics of the heads tonight here and in the Beatles thread. They are beautiful, I couldn't be happier. :D

Here's a shot Les took before he sent them off. I will post more Head Set shots tonight. :D

aaabeatPJB003.jpg

Last edited:
Wow - amazing. Les always manages to paint some character and emotion into the heads, really unique talent

It's his greatest strength in my book, and something that makes his work stand out from others, his paint jobs don't look like a paint by numbers matching of the source, there's a life put into them that makes the finished piece embody the spirit of the character. I don't know how he achieves it, but I certainly appreciate that he does in the work he does for me.

Here's another shot Les took of Paul and John -- eye and hair color were matched using High end Ref images from books, Getty Museum, etc.

aabeatPJB001.jpg

Here's a set shot I took when they arrived.
One Word: Masterful.
aalwbeat.jpg

Again many thanks to our Genius Master Painter Les. The King of Kings of Figure Artistry. :D

Here is a shot of the Completed figures, more than nine months in the making. I do have all the instruments, mics and speakers and only have to wait for Seb to finish the guitar straps and I will post a shot with instruments here. That should be in a couple weeks. For more pics, please check in with the Beatles thread. :cool:

Anyway, here's to Les and the Fab Four.

aabaetfinis.jpg

Long time no hear from! It's been a CRAZY month for me here.

July has been the month I dreaded, and I appreciate everyone being patient with me during it. (Add in SDCC and other stuff going on, and my stuff takes a back seat anyway...).
But I am still here, still pounding away at paints.

To catch up with you all, I've been getting some projects done when I could, and set aside so I can ship out. There's been little income in the last few months, and that is due to my having retired (or having tried to), more or less, and by not taking much new work, and again, with no 9 to 5 job, means the coffers run dry unless I sell stuff, which I am again. Trying to anyway.

So with that money, I will ship out more and also deal with my financial woes at long last. I SHOULD have done this years ago, deal with the woes, so most all my income would have been in hand, and not sent paying outrageous minimums to the CCard companies. That smarts a lot, so I am ending that problem for good.

That means soon shiipouts will resume and stuff will get to proper sources once more.

I apologize for delays, again, but know stuff is coming.

And please, where possible, let me email you, and pm you when shipments are ready and on the way, and help keep the deluge of info requests at a minimum, as you all have been doing so well, (THANK YOU!) so I can spend the time working and not online responding all the time. It's hard doing this backlogged work alone as is, so thanks for all of you being so damned patient.
You all deserve medals. Big, shiney, gold ones! Maybe I can come up with those too.

Anyway, hope to have new finished stuff pictures up soon, new arrivals in hands, and lots more good news!

:rock

Nice update Les! I'm sorry that July has been so rough for you. I hope your August is better than July! I hope to get that certain e-mail from you soon that I've been waiting on. :wink1:

"VBR" Les,

Mike :wave

Hope things are definitely better in August.....but OOOOOOHHHH! am I excited that new stuff is coming out. Not only to see your skills on newer projects but to also finally get a figuremaster project on my shelves. :hi5:

Nice to hear from you Les...hope you have a great August! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back