LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear from you Les! Sorry that the bankruptcy thing is not as smooth as it should be. A friend of mine also went through it and it was rough, but the outcome was what we needed and is feeling much better about it all now.

Those figures rock!!! did you paint and build that Nautilus? It is unreal.

Awesome news on the figs. I'm with Tay though, take the time you need. I just closed on my house yesterday, so things are going to get a bit more organized for me and I'll be shipping out the 2 predator 2 bios real soon.

Pred bios....:rock Thanks Reiny!
And Tay rocks. Thanks bro.
All of ya do. I want to send you guys THE BEST STUFF I CAN DO! And as soon as I can. You all have waited so long. Besides, I am tired of it all being here too!

Anyway, thanks.
MO COMIN'!

Take all the time you need for my Indy's Les. You rock no matter how you slice it! :rock

Keep on Keepin' on bro...we're always here for ya! :duff

Great looking set of figures Les!!! So great to see some new work (even if its just new to us) from you :rock :rock

And great news about the clean up. I'm the same way; if my work area is disorganized by default I am too :lol Also, I find it somewhat therapeutic to clean up a space as a way to prepare (or maybe put off for just a bit :lol) work.

Keep rocking it out man, we're here for ya :duff

Thanks again guys. All that means a ton right now. Times are stressful around here.
Anyway, yeah, cleanup! Try it! It's what's for dinner! :rock

And yeah Reiny, built that kit, the 31 inch one back in 2001. Was building and painting that bad boy while the TV was showing all the 9/11 stuff. It's forever engrained in that kit for me now. When I look at it, as pleased as I am with the outcome, it always makes me think of those scary days. Like it got engrained in the work somehow, like shorthand. Just to me anyway. But thanks. LOVE that sub! Has a full pilot house interior with a Nemo at the helm!
Love that set. Means more to me than most of my whole collection.

Anyway, thanks guys. Trying to work on getting the cleanup done. Thought I had some art classes tonight, but signups so they are a no go. One of my few income means, but on the good side, that means I can clean this eveing and tomorrow and get that much closer to work again. That's what matters. :rock

Yeah, the Nautilus is such a very cool design for a submarine! I've always loved it. I enjoyed riding the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea ride when I went to Disney World back in 1995. Sadly, the ride is now closed. But they saved the Nautilus submarine, and it is part of their "Backstage Tour" at Disney's Hollywood Studios. So that's cool! :clap

Outstanding work on the submarine Les! I had seen it a few years ago, but I had no idea you had built it from scratch? WOW! :)

With all else that is going on in my Life, (not all good this night) I just wanted to remind some of you all of something I did a long time ago.
With all the recent attention this character is getting lately in Seb's thread (and that one's an AMAZING custom too!), I just felt compelled to post a reminder of a figure I spent months on several years ago....
My old Mr Freeze. Here is a link to my old site, and the layout there for you to see him as I originally presented him back a few years ago.

MY FREEZE CUSTOM

He's unknown to a lot of folks here, and forgotten to some I am sure, but never will be to me. It's one of the only original custom figures I am still very proud of, as well as my personal favorite Batman villain, and so I am excited to see his legacy lives on in new and exciting variant customs even today.
I even posted a YouTube vid with him years ago.

I must mention this also, I had to post something of this guy, since my mom was my primary feedback on it while I worked on it. She'd say, "Don't do too much detail!" Or "leave off that tube!" or some such thing. It was one of the few times I listened to her while working on a figure. Back when she was home. In happier times.

Mom's in the hospital tonight, and I can't sleep. I found out this evening that she may have had another stroke. I am very upset, but am trying to find ways to deal. I thought posting this link might be one of the few ways I could honor her for her influences on my works back when I was in my heyday.

It is to Seb's new creation (see his amazing customs thread and his phenomenal new Freeze custom he's doing!), and to my Mom, who was for so long, my guiding creative light, that I dedicate this post. :rock

Please pray for her. I am scared.

All my thoughts and prayers are to you and your mother Les.

Still love that Freeze!! Between yours and Seb's you have the best Freeze's out there!

My thoughts are with you and your mom Les, hope everything goes well!

And that Mr. Freeze is a masterpiece. Simply beautiful.

Thanks guys. Thanks Seb. You are the man these days. The real flag bearer.

Mom. Not sure yet. Waiting for info on that. Just trying to remain calm and keep my head. At least I have cleaned lately, and can do what I need, where I need for all the issues I am having.

I got a very reasonably stated PM from a disgruntled person awaiting their stuff. To all of you in this quandry, I feel your pain more than you know. Man, I do. I am probably the most impatient person on this board so I would know.

I have come to the realization, that one of the greatest (but simple, and unintended) mistakes I ever made, was to openly share what I did and could do, way back, in total ignorance, thinking I could handle any of the business and whatnots as it came.

Immediately upon arrival I was layered with heady, mind altering accolades for the quality of my work. I began to think I could do it all. I was on top of the world. And I made a lot of great friends.

Then when things got bad for the family, all things I have openly shared here already, feeling you all deserved to know why I was getting slow (this was back in 08) all that time thinking, it will be over soon, you can take more work, you are the FIGUREMASTER! And all the time, losing ground. To you all I can't apologize enough still.

I did another foolish thing. In my pride, I thought I could not take more work, or get another job, and just catch all that up. Well, that didn't work either. That was pretty dumb.
When the figures or funds ran out, I ran out of ideas, and am now having to file bankruptcy, only due to how every single month, the minimums on my maxed out cards were so high, I could no longer keep up. I couldnt keep on taking new jobs. Morally, I couldn't and literally. But, I needed money, and there was none, so bankruptcy became my only recourse. I did take a couple of jobs, thinking, it's just one more head....

That is all taking it's toll. I plan to work it all out. It is the hardest thing I have ever been though, worse in some ways than my mom's period of hell, in that this is MY FAULT. So, this is me trying to correct it. And move on, and finish all the work I owe all of you.

Many of you, most of you, have been unfathomably patient. Those that haven't, I can't blame. I deserve all the scorn and irritation. In my ignorance of business, and lack of going for help, I heaped that on myself, and by default, you.

But, as I have said before, and will say again, I am doing all in my power to finish all of it, and then....not sure. Will I ever come back to this? Not sure I should. Not without some SERIOUS supervision! But for now, all I want in my life, is to finish what I started. It's almost all I have left. If I were to lose everything, I would still want the work completed. It's why I refuse to give in.
We are defined in life by what we did. I can paint. OK. great. but I can screw up businesswise pretty bad. The only way I can erase that is to FINISH.
It is literally all I have left to live for.
I am not married. Don't own my own home. Don't have a car worth the banks to take. Am not in school. Don't have a 9 to 5 (working on that!) and don't have a plan much for what I will do after I am caught up. BUT I DO HAVE A PLAN TO CATCH UP!

I do not want to be remembered like Chris Howes will be. I can't. I won't. I will die working before that happens. I may not be who I was to this community, but BY GOD, I won't go down a wimp, or a loser or a quitter. I started this, I will finish it.

Thanks and know, I am still here. I will not go down without a fight.

You all are the best. Thanks for the support, and for worrying about my family. Sorry to even bring that in. I will try to be more professional from now on and not do that anymore. You all deserve the best for how you have treated me. I have to remember that.

Les

Hang in there Les. As bad as things get remember the pendulum can swing both ways and it will. Things will get better, I know they will.

Thanks Pix.

All my thoughts and prayers are to you and your mother Les.

Still love that Freeze!! Between yours and Seb's you have the best Freeze's out there!

Thanks buddy.

And about the Freezes, to be fair, can you believe the damned frost and rust on his Freeze!??! WOW! I may have to revise that old guy of mine now.

You know Les, to begin with Mr freeze wasn't my fav charachter but it's your custom that gave me the idea to make mine man!

Oh can i be your little brother and be calle Figuremaster seb :lol:lol:lol

Your Freeze is amazing Les! IMO the character doesn't get enough attention and your vision for him was outstanding. As a huge Bat-fan, my hat is off to you sir.

Im a huge Batman fan, I must say Les your Mr Freeze is stunning I love it, Like I love all the work you do mate.

All my thoughts are for you, your family and for your Mom my friend :)

Hey les sorry to hear about your mum mate, my thoughts are with you;)

Your freeze is very very cool;)

Seen sebs and that is testiment to the influence you have had.
I know I am new here and maybe not the best to give credit or am knowledgeable enough about this hobby but know what I like and you are the figuremaster in my eyes anyway.

You seem to give alot of yourself away, literally in your work and in your posts.
That takes some balls and deserves recognition and patinece from customers.
If I was in their shoes and depending on how much they've paid, I might think differently, but at the end of the day, it's just money and some things just cannot be helped and take priority.

Don't stress about things you can't change and just know that people here regard you in high esteem and like pixletwin said it will get better eventually even if it seems to be getting worse right now.

I myself know what it is like to be swamped with life.
I have just had my first baby at 37, who is 3 months old and teething like crazy.
In between naps he is screamng, farting, sh$$$$$g and pissing non stop.Plus me and my partner are living at home with my mum and it is a bit cramped to say the least.
On top of that I have hoarded records toys and figures over the years, which I am only a quarter through sorting out and will have to sell a hell of a lot more in the coming months.
Oh on top of that I have to decorate and maintain a house that hates me and keeps falling apart and also owe my mum a hell of alot of money, which she has been good about and am trying to repay her.
So your not alone mate no ones perfect and nothing is unfixable.
The dude abides;)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sYsw0KVRjCM?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sYsw0KVRjCM?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back