LEON THE PROFESSIONAL - Enterbay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that cutting the hat will fray it even if its not immediate it will fray and not look right. you want to cut it and then fold it inward or flip it up and fold up the inner lip

use a soft glue that has elasticity. epoxy or crazy glue can get crusty and bulk it up.

Yeah , that was my plan when assuming it was going to fray.
So does the top of the hat require no modding at all ?.
The whole hat just looks too big to me , I'm surprised trimming the edges off has such a great effect.

Don't suppose anyone knows of anywhere with the hat alone in stock ?.
Ebay's dried up.

Last edited:
Yeah , that was my plan when assuming it was going to fray.
So does the top of the hat require no modding at all ?.
The whole hat just looks too big to me , I'm surprised trimming the edges off has such a great effect.

Don't suppose anyone knows of anywhere with the hat alone in stock ?.
Ebay's dried up.

Yup there's a lot of bulk you need to trim off from the inside seam getting it down to one layer helps but you need to go pretty close to the stitching on the inside to get rid of excess bulk. And cutting in half does not completely work, you need to go even shorter than halfway. A forgiving glue makes this less daunting. I used goop actually I love it for fabric.

SAM_3346.png

He looks really good right there TFS. Well done. :hi5:

Well,here are some WIP PICS. of my Leon figure.I'll tell you the more i play with this figure the better he looks!:yess:Anyway,i added more detail to the face as well as his beard.Recolored the whites of his eyes and added more stubble with greys to his neck area.I also darkened the vest and added a few(more like several) more silver buttons to make it look more like the one in the film.His glasses i also shaved down a bit but not sure whether or not to go and do more.The hat as you notice in the PICS. has the rim rolled instead of laying flat well it originally was flat but like Ray said if you don't use some kind of glue it will do that and it did.I have to go and use glue i guess(THANX RAY FOR THE IDEA!)but i do like the overall size of the hat.This figure is about 50% complete and i still ahve to finish the gun case and his plant as well as weathering the weapons and adding some more detail to his vest(like adding bullets in holder).Let me know what you all think,OK.THANX to RAY F. and RORYWAN for all the GREAT ideas!:hi5:THANX!:wink1:

:clap Looks ____ing badass!! Love the job you did on the hat and beard, I definitely need to go back and finish the hat on mine and add some grey to his beard. Great job man.

What did you use for the silver buttons on the vest? That looks absolutely incredible, my friend! :clap :clap :clap
I HAVE to do that mod!

What did you use for the silver buttons on the vest? That looks absolutely incredible, my friend! :clap :clap :clap
I HAVE to do that mod!
HEy THANX TFG!!Yeah i don't know why they forgot to put the buttons on the back of the vest?:dunnoIMO i think it makes a BIG difference to the overall appearance of it!Well,it's an EBAY store where i buy all my metal buttons,buckles,etc..The name of the EBAY store is TWMHC and here is the page for the buttons:https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5mm-ROUN...943?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3359b82327
I used 1.5mm and also 2.5mm silver nail heads.Also for the grenades i used some metal rings that i had which matched perfectly.That's another item that i don't get why they didn't add!They have the hole on the grenade for it.:dunnoI have extra rings if you need just PM me.I'll post more WIP PICS as soon as i'm done with the case and plant.THANX EVERYONE!!!:wink1:

Yeah, your vest definitely looks much better now!! Thanks for that link too bro. Youre the man! I saved the seller to my favourites and I'll be picking some of those buttons up for sure when I get paid.
And wow! You even modded the grenades too! I was actually thinking of doing the same a while back but kinda forgot about it.
I recently found these 3mm jump rings on ebay -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1800-Iron-...100?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fe4bb22c

What size are the rings youre using? Im not sure if 3mm will be the correct size.
Again, great work my friend!

Hats off to my man CeeemOr for keeping the innovation going!,, SO inspiring just ordered the nail heads off of the link you sent. Thanks man!! Been looking for these for awhile too to replace the giant buttons on many 1/6 figures. As for the rings I'm wondering if the 3 mm ones will work for the grenades too? Another amazing mod that has to be done!

Lastly the hat, LOVE the small brim. It seems his hat had the small roll brim more often than the large brim like mine has in the film, what was the method you used to achieve that!

Great job!!

Hats off to my man CeeemOr for keeping the innovation going!,, SO inspiring just ordered the nail heads off of the link you sent. Thanks man!! Been looking for these for awhile too to replace the giant buttons on many 1/6 figures. As for the rings I'm wondering if the 3 mm ones will work for the grenades too? Another amazing mod that has to be done!

Lastly the hat, LOVE the small brim. It seems his hat had the small roll brim more often than the large brim like mine has in the film, what was the method you used to achieve that!

Great job!!

:exactly::goodpost:
:clap CeeemOr
And yeah, I too noticed that the hat had the small roll brim more often than the large brim. I would also like to know if CeeemOr has any tips that may help in achieving that look.

THANX guyz for the kind words,it means alot!^_^As for the hat,i originally wanted to make it look like how you guyz had it but what happened was when i had cut the hat i made the cut above the seam of the cuff.When i removed the stitch it curled so i went with it.I rolled the material and adjusted it with my fingers while the whole time holding down the hat with my other hand.As for the tightness of it i pretty much pinched the back of the hat by the brim and as it got tighter i made further adjustments to the brim.When i was happy with the result i made a temporary stitch to hold it together.Then i flipped it inside out and the part that was pinched i turned inside and sewed where the material meets creating a new seam.Then i cut the excess(There's alot of excess and you have to make sure you cut as close to the stitch as you can)and when done with that i flipped the hat right side out and made sure not only that it was tight around the rim(^_^) but also that it wasn't too short.Then once everything checks out i added a couple of stitches on the top of the brim to ensure that the rolled part doesn't unroll.I hope this gives you an idea of how to do it and if it doesn't then let me know and i'll help you out some more.^_^

As for the rings,i don't know how 3mm will look but it shouldn't be much more different then mine.I used 2.5mm(pretty sure) and Ray if you want i can send you a dozen of these if you want just send me a PM,OK.Right now i just finish splitting the left drawer and made 2 out of it so now it looks just like the real one.I just need to make a knb for the bottom drawer which i'm going to just glue shut and leave the top one to open.That's the drawer which he has his silencers(supressors)in.The right drawer is for the ammo.Now,i have to figure out how to make a Spectre M4?!~_^ Here is the imfdb page where i get most of detail for the weapons and stuff:https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Leon_(The_Professional)#Spectre_M4

Hi y'all! I've recently discovered this forum and this addicting hobby, and this is my first time posting. :wave

I've finally mustered enough money to buy my first 1/6 figure. While Leon is an excellent figure to start with, I do have some questions regarding the gun case that I hope you guys can help me address. Problems include:

• gun case not able to open & close fully
  • one of the corner's got a minor rip, and I could use some pointers on hope to glue it back together

This is how the case naturally sits
18112011246.jpg

I tried opening it with one hand, but this is as far as it goes w/o seeming it breaking it open.
18112011247.jpg

Notice how one of the corner looks slightly ripped?
18112011256.jpg

Is there a specific glue I could use to fix the problem? Also Is there anyone having trouble opening or closing the gun cases? I appreciate any comments or advice. Thanks!

Back