DJ Custom Leon (The Professional) 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presentoys Leon arrived

Attachments

• IMG-20231201-WA0020~2.jpg
    IMG-20231201-WA0020~2.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 0
Is it just me or does the tailoring on the present toys looks bad?

Tailoring looks decent imo. This characters clothing were loose and wasn’t fitted in the movie, as if his clothes were secondhand.

IMG_1586.jpeg

His pants were too short as well.

Overall this is a really great set imo. TOPO’s Leon clothing set has far superior tailoring though.

Some picks and Quick review

This figure It's a pretty decent release from present toys and at least in hand the figure don't disappoint and the most important thing it's that actually looks like Leon.

Let's start with the body .
this time unlike the present toys Marty McFly the proportions on Leon are on point (to achieve this I can also detect an under suit/fat suit).

you don't really need to change it but you can also try.

sculpt.
To be honest I don't know from who they stole this time but I do know that it's the new sculpt of Leon that a lot of Chinese sellers have on ebay.

Certainly It's a recast of a fantastic sculpt so you can go wrong with this one, even with the not so great paint job of presenT ( to be honest I was expecting more) .

Also you can detect easily the lines of the cast so for me it's a 8/10 on the sculpt.

The suit/outfit

The entire outfit it's Fantastic, one of the best parts of the figure not Topo lvl but it have great detail , again for the price the figure won't disappoint. The shoes are great to , 9.2/10.

Vest it's real leather 👌

Accessories

It comes with everything that all the Leons have had since the enterbay release so no surprise here, just gonna say that the weapons are not hot toys quality lvl but other than that it's pretty ok.

My favorite accessory it's the case

best Leon out of the box

Attachments

• PXL_20231202_063814102~2.jpg
    PXL_20231202_063814102~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231202_063937550~2.jpg
    PXL_20231202_063937550~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231202_063725891~2.jpg
    PXL_20231202_063725891~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231202_064127536~2.jpg
    PXL_20231202_064127536~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231202_064155417~2.jpg
    PXL_20231202_064155417~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
looking at the photo of the luggage, no way the materials real leather. so i suggest folks try out angelus finisher and see how it goes lol.

looking at the photo of the luggage, no way the materials real leather. so i suggest folks try out angelus finisher and see how it goes lol.
Angelus "matte" finisher doesn't actually dry matte though (none of the Angelus finishers do). It's actually pretty glossy any takes away any natural shine that the pleather currently has resulting in a pretty fake look. You need to mix it with Angelus Duller at the right amount to get a more natural leather shine. Definitely shouldn't apply and just "see how it goes" as you'd more than likely ruin the look of the material.

just received the bottle and gave 2 coats on a matte holster that has started to crack but not flake. will see how it goes. hope it can at least hold the cracklines together.
Angelus "matte" finisher doesn't actually dry matte though (none of the Angelus finishers do). It's actually pretty glossy any takes away any natural shine that the pleather currently has resulting in a pretty fake look. You need to mix it with Angelus Duller at the right amount to get a more natural leather shine. Definitely shouldn't apply and just "see how it goes" as you'd more than likely ruin the look of the material.

I got present toys Leon today, really good figure... but the hat doesn't fit. At all. I try my best to get it to fit on his head but it just comes loose and sits on top of his head. Anyone else have this problem?

I got present toys Leon today, really good figure... but the hat doesn't fit. At all. I try my best to get it to fit on his head but it just comes loose and sits on top of his head. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes at first I was the same. After a few attempts I was able to place it on. I positioned the front edge of the hat on his forehead first and held it there. Than I stretched the rest over his head and let go of it while still holding the front. If it jumped back up, I stretch it less until I found kind of the sweet spot.
Never thought I would be describing how I put on a hat on a figure lol.

Here are some photos I took of the Present Toys SP45 Léon.
I replaced the coat with topo studio's version, because of the accurate pattern on it.
The body is better than I expected, close to HT quality if not the same.
View attachment 678598View attachment 678599View attachment 678600View attachment 678601View attachment 678603
I originally got one of those ebay recast sculpts just to display the Beani and glasses but after your pics I'm ordering the Topo set for a new figure 😅

Attachments

• PXL_20240120_195423418~2.jpg
    PXL_20240120_195423418~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
The Present Toys Leon definitely looks great...Much better than the original Enterbay version with those eyes looking off to the side...one thing I wish a company would do is his sniper rifle and case, even though it's not a big part of the movie

Topo set is indeed significantly better in all regards to the DJ Custom clothing.

I also retrofitted the weapons box with 1/8" thick MDF to make it sturdier

View attachment 691070

View attachment 691071
Nice work on the gun case BACON! 👍 I still need to assemble my Leon one of these days and take some pics. And I agree the Topo clothing set is excellent quality. Glad I picked one up from Kit.

Back