Leia Lifesize

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really is a cool piece. But is is really that practical? What happens if/when you or your wife should decide to move? Surely a piece that size would be more a hindrance, than a cool collectible. And don't even get me started on the problems of keeping it from getting damaged during the move. That's another nightmare all by itself... I've had similar pieces (size-wise) in my collections over the years and get to the point where they're just TOO big and take up way too much space so I end up getting rid of them for a fraction of what I paid.

Drop me a line when you're letting it go at the garage sale for $300! /o/

Take me for example. I'm self-employed and own my own house. Barring some unexpected catastrophe, I plan to stay where I am for decades, if not for the rest of my life.

Actually, come to think of it, unless you save all of your boxes, having lots and lots of smaller statues might actually be harder to move than a few large pieces like this.

That really is a cool piece. But is is really that practical? What happens if/when you or your wife should decide to move? Surely a piece that size would be more a hindrance, than a cool collectible. And don't even get me started on the problems of keeping it from getting damaged during the move. That's another nightmare all by itself... I've had similar pieces (size-wise) in my collections over the years and get to the point where they're just TOO big and take up way too much space so I end up getting rid of them for a fraction of what I paid.

Drop me a line when you're letting it go at the garage sale for $300! /o/

Well, I saved the box, which is very well secured inside. It is like moving a desk or a coffee table, or a matress or a tv.

I have much more valuable things than this that I worry about.
I do plan on moving but that is what a moving truck is for...to move large stuff. and I have much more than this one piece.

Wait till it sells out, it may be more.

Actually, come to think of it, unless you save all of your boxes, having lots and lots of smaller statues might actually be harder to move than a few large pieces like this.

I save all my boxes, but it still can be a pain with all of them that there are, you have to package each one, find a spot where it won't get crushed or fall if it is placed in a higher spot.

THis leia is probably going to be one of the easier pieces I don't have to worry about.

Well, I saved the box, which is very well secured inside. It is like moving a desk or a coffee table, or a matress or a tv.

I have much more valuable things than this that I worry about.
I do plan on moving but that is what a moving truck is for...to move large stuff. and I have much more than this one piece.

Wait till it sells out, it may be more.

This is true, but sometimes the stuff that goes into the moving truck comes out entirely different. I lost an FAO Schwartz Star Wars Millenium Falcon display (yes, the large one) that way.

This is true, but sometimes the stuff that goes into the moving truck comes out entirely different. I lost an FAO Schwartz Star Wars Millenium Falcon display (yes, the large one) that way.

if you pack the items yourself you won't have a problem (if you do it well).

and don't displays usually come without a box to secure them through shipping?

if you pack the items yourself you won't have a problem (if you do it well).

and don't displays usually come without a box to secure them through shipping?

I had a friend do a custom wood crate for it. It literally looked like one of Dr. Jones' lost relics secured in the box. Add to that a bubble wrap blanket and enough Styrofoam packing peanuts to fill a small car. It was packed extremely well. Unfortunately an absentee parent allowed their daughter to ride her roller blades across the street without checking both ways first. it was either the kid, or the Falcon and while some might rationalize saving the Falcon, especially with the price paid, my conscience won the better of the two and I hit the breaks hard. The Ryder Truck's metal paneling sliced through the canvas ties and an antique Victorian pump organ (no jokes please) crushed through the crate and smashed the Falcon like an egg.

well, there is nothing you can do about freak accidents, that is an entirely different situation. I mean the entire truck could fall off a cliff, but that would probably destroy more than a lifesize leia.

If it is a "normal" drive there should be no problem moving items, if done so correctly.

well, there is nothing you can do about freak accidents, that is an entirely different situation. I mean the entire truck could fall off a cliff, but that would probably destroy more than a lifesize leia.

If it is a "normal" drive there should be no problem moving items, if done so correctly.

Granted, but after paying that much for a large collectible like that, it's definitely something that would need to be considered. That's all I'm saying. It's also that incident that forced me to unload my Master Replica Falcon too. But I made another Star Wars fan's decade by offloading it for a cool price so while not entirely thrilled with having to get rid of it, I have the satisfaction of knowing it's somewhere where it'll be taken care of... at least until he has to offload it for similar reasons. :lol

I would rather have myself be responsible for damaging my own collectibles then say my wife or a mover.
So protecting on it relies solely on me, and if it gets damaged it is all my fault, and I will learn from my mistakes.
But I moved plenty of times before, and didn't have lefisized pieces, but I did have plenty of other items and a large selection of different framed pieces of art and limited editons, and not one item was damaged.
So I am definitely confident in my tetris style stacking when I move.

I don't believe in selling pieces, just because I am afraid I will move one day, I am more worried about space to display it.

Back