Leia exclusive order is in!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF is you prob RR! are you complaining about everything Sideshow does and markets? youve complained in every section! sheesh! If you dont like what they make and produce for their prices dont buy them! Buy some action figures or Necas stuff then. You'll be happy to know they're not too overpriced and you can get alot. Me? Im happy with my quality sideshow stuff! ANYWAY back on topic!

Congrats Andy, great work again! The hair sculpt rocks! You know you seem to make all the products with the most intricate hair! I like it! Very realistic.:D

RevRanger said:
All I'm saying is that these prices are getting way out of control.

How could you ever look your friends and family in the face and admit to them that you spent $2000.00 on 6 Star Wars figures? That you spent $500.00 for a General Grevious figure?

And buying an $850 frickin' Pumpkinhead figure is grounds for divorce.

Yes, that's right -- $850 for PUMPKINHEAD! What a winner he is!

Some people spend thousands on pimping out cars. Some people spend thousands on showing their super-expensive dogs. Every person has his or her hobbies and, dare I say it, addictions :banana At least it's not drugs - that would be way worse to have to admit to loved ones. Although I *have* heard of cases in which the smell of fresh poly can affect people like a drug :p While we're on the subject of corporate conspiracy theories, perhaps we at Sideshow put something in the chemicals that causes addiction immediately upon opening the first box... more addicting than heroin! :wacky

I respect that everyone has their own opinions, and that your opinion is obviously that it's "silly" to spend one's money on collectibles of one's favorite movies/comics. That's fine. You are free to believe that. But I think it's a little condescendingt to come onto a board full of people just enjoying their chosen hobby and start spewing vitriole. Back when I first started working at Sideshow, I read a thread over on a different board about why one collects these figures (this one happens to be referring to Lord of the Rings figures, but it can apply to any license that inspires passion). I kept it because it really captured the spirit of the collector:

https://www.lordoftheringsguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=246113&postcount=8

Here's to the collector! :duff

Last edited:
SideshowDusty said:
While we're on the subject of corporate conspiracy theories, perhaps we at Sideshow put something in the chemicals that causes addiction immediately upon opening the first box... more addicting than heroin! :wacky

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

:wacky

Trolls never change, it takes a big person to go to a fan sight a bash the product the entier sight is dedicated to. Do you honestly have nothing better to do. On any other forum you would have been roasted for your ignorance. It really makes me proud to be a member of this forum to see the amount of respect everyone has shown someone that is just looking to pick a fight by trolling around causing trouble.

Jesse

Nuclear Holocaust would probably be close.

People collect because it fills a space in their lives. It's not that they don't have lives to keep them busy enough, but these items represent something they believe in and stand as a visual extension of a wonderful experience (the books/movies). But it also represents something larger-- something that's not easy to describe which is bigger, I think, than the movies. Tolkien touches on some amazing thoughts and ideas, and he had a way of expressing these ideas powerfully.

So many of his ideas as represented in a fantasy world stand right along side real world events and ideals, and at times even stand above them as convincing, even if a bit idealistic. But good myths, legends, and fantasies are not mere escapisms. They help us to weigh what we believe in against a different backdrop when we have grown numb to these ideals in real life. The entire concept of Fellowship and Friendship took on a deeper meaning for me, and the impact from the books and films carried over into real life.

The statues are a powerful reminders of things we ought never to outgrow: like determination, dedication, and wisdom. To give up the statues would be akin to giving up hope, faith, and credence in these longstanding ideals.

There are those who just take the statues at face value-- some people just don't like how they look for one reason or another and they sell them off. Others do have family tragedies that require them to make the sacrifice. But by and large, the passion that drove us all into collecting existed before the statues came along, and was not *created* but *awakened* when they became available.

I hope that giving up my collection will never be a decision I will ever have to make. To this day, just seeing them around the house never fails to bring a smile.

wow, that was really beautifully said.

I have all of my Sideshow pieces on display in my office. It is great to be able to work while surrounded by such high quality pieces of pop culture art. I think Sideshow's products can inspire creativity and imagination in the minds of their owners and collectors, and that's worth a lot to me. Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, and now my son is enjoying it during his childhood. It's good to know that one day I will be able to pass on to him six quality figures that I may have spent $2000 for, but which will be priceless in his eyes.

tomandshell said:
I have all of my Sideshow pieces on display in my office. It is great to be able to work while surrounded by such high quality pieces of pop culture art. I think Sideshow's products can inspire creativity and imagination in the minds of their owners and collectors, and that's worth a lot to me. Star Wars was a big part of my childhood, and now my son is enjoying it during his childhood. It's good to know that one day I will be able to pass on to him six quality figures that I may have spent $2000 for, but which will be priceless in his eyes.

I agree with ou completely.:eek:

Viking28 said:
And lets not forget offer .99 shipping here in the US!!!

Are you sure about that? I'm a bit confused... does the "fall shipping specials" apply to all orders made from NOW till sometime in the near future, regardless if it's in stock material or pre order items?

SideshowDusty said:
But I think it's a little condescendingt to come onto a board full of people just enjoying their chosen hobby and start spewing vitriole.
Here's to the collector! :duff

Wow Dusty, I'm impressed. You must be on the work of the day program. I really should start that too. ;)

j/k :D Actually very well said Dusty.

oxbeard said:
But I think it's a little condescendingt to come onto a board full of people just enjoying their chosen hobby and start spewing vitriole.
Here's to the collector!

Wow Dusty, I'm impressed. You must be on the work of the day program. I really should start that too. ;)

j/k :D Actually very well said Dusty.

yeah and I was just gonna ask for some parmesan cheese with that :D

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Are you sure about that? I'm a bit confused... does the "fall shipping specials" apply to all orders made from NOW till sometime in the near future, regardless if it's in stock material or pre order items?

Shipping specials are for items in-stock at the moment, not pre-orders. But if the special happens to be running again when your pre-order ships... well, you never know - we ran it for Comic Con too.

(oh, and now I'm embarrassed for spelling 'vitriol' wrong :p)

RevRanger said:
All I'm saying is that these prices are getting way out of control.

How could you ever look your friends and family in the face and admit to them that you spent $2000.00 on 6 Star Wars figures? That you spent $500.00 for a General Grevious figure?

And buying an $850 frickin' Pumpkinhead figure is grounds for divorce.

Yes, that's right -- $850 for PUMPKINHEAD! What a winner he is!

I think revranger is frustrated cause he cant afford those pieces....get your poor-ass out of this forum....

Don't think the price is that crazy, but I do expect top quality when the items is coming home to me... We may complain about paintjob for the $40 dolls, but for a PF, this subject should be tiny-weeny minor....

Man why didnt I buy one of those shirts!!!!:banghead Thanks for bring up sore memories:google

Monster said:
Well I kind of agree with RevRanger. I don’t think he should be taken off the forum for stating his OPINION. It wasn't personal, people just took it that way. And for him to get hit with personal attacks like he's poor is not right. That’s the kind of childish stuff that starts the trouble. Or saying "leave this forum" because you think prices are too high.

It was my comment about the prices. I didn't need an explanation from SS either. I'm a huge SS collector and been on the board since the Beginning, had my name on the shirt. And I hate to see things go wrong on an OPINION. Or that the oil prices is a weak excuse. Because I agree with that to. If the oil prices go down will the prices? Its deeper than that. But its not the point. It was just an observation. People need to relax.

I would have just deleted the thread once the personal comments came. And I hope OPINIONS weather agreed upon or not are still welcomed. I like a good argument or to disagree, it makes things fun sometimes. But to get personal is wrong. And its going to drive members away.

MONSTER, I DIDNT WANT TO GO PERSONNAL WITH HIM BUT SINCE THE GUY HAS BEGUN POSTING HERE HE JUST KEPT BASHING SIDESHOW AND THE COLLECTORS HERE FOR NO REASON....CHECK THIS THREAD WHERE HE WAS BEING COMPLETELY AN ASS TO SOMEONE ELSE ON THE BOARD FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.....HE REALLY DESERVED ALL HE GOT..

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5167

Monster said:
Well I kind of agree with RevRanger. I don’t think he should be taken off the forum for stating his OPINION. It wasn't personal, people just took it that way. And for him to get hit with personal attacks like he's poor is not right. That’s the kind of childish stuff that starts the trouble. Or saying "leave this forum" because you think prices are too high.

It was my comment about the prices. I didn't need an explanation from SS either. I'm a huge SS collector and been on the board since the Beginning, had my name on the shirt. And I hate to see things go wrong on an OPINION. Or that the oil prices is a weak excuse. Because I agree with that to. If the oil prices go down will the prices? Its deeper than that. But its not the point. It was just an observation. People need to relax.

I would have just deleted the thread once the personal comments came. And I hope OPINIONS weather agreed upon or not are still welcomed. I like a good argument or to disagree, it makes things fun sometimes. But to get personal is wrong. And its going to drive members away.

Actually I don't think most of the responses to RevRanger were because of 1 particular comment. I actually believe most of the comments were because since joining the forum every post he made up to that point had been negative and derogatory. Don't get me wrong though, everyone of us from time to time has a poor opinion of something and express our views which is perfectly fine. Even then though we also make positive or at least constructive comments in other areas. I think in this case the posters apparent 100% negativitiy in all comments finally got to people.

I think also you'll find in another thread that this RevRanger's hostility may have arisen from a misconception they had of SS and they ended admitting their mistake. Unfortunately in this case first impressions did not leave a good impression on many here. Hopefully however he/she will return and give it another go, although maybe a little more contructively. :peace

EDIT - - obviously I'm a slow typer as it looks like some changes and comments were made while I was writing this.

BTW, Dave this new edit box took me by surprise. Seems pretty cool though.

As much as your dedication to Sideshow is appreciated, Monster is right... That 'poor ass' comment is a cheap shot no matter how you cut it. :eek:

Sorry, I actually just read the Hellboy Post, which the bust does look amazing. His comments there where wrong. It was just that I started the high price quote. And I also just noticed that Leia it is Lower than the Han EX. which would of proven me wrong quicker. But of been kind of down on the prices, so its always on top of my mind. It has to do with the Legend Bust, I have to have it. And since I have the Predator Bust I need the Alien, and Maul is a must also.

If someone is going to constantly complain and bash without good backing, the Hellboy Bust is Nice, I see where you guys are coming. My Bad.

edit:
Yeah I changed my post, I was just reading the Hellboy Thread and I changed my mind because of what I read there. I totally understand, I seen it before. And I was also wrong about the Price of Leia going up. oops.

JUst read another one of his bad Post.

Last edited:
I think revranger is frustrated cause he cant afford those pieces....get your poor-ass out of this forum....

I had the oppurtunity to meet RevRanger, didnt have much to say really. Drifted off into a sleep as I took this photo of him.

untitled6hh.png

Back