Statue Legolas Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nailed the edition size! :yess:

Looks great, will order immediately on Thursday. :D
Yes, you did furystorm, how could I have doubted you. :clap

What a fantastic piece...man I'm so excited to finally see that reveal...Love it...Love it....Love it :clap...he shall be mine :yess:

Bill

Do you think with the exclusive edition and the switch-out hands it is possible to rotate the hand with the bow a little bit to match Trevor's version?
I think that looks much better...:pray:

Do you think with the exclusive edition and the switch-out hands it is possible to rotate the hand with the bow a little bit to match Trevor's version?
I think that looks much better...:pray:

Looks like they may have adapted the prototype version so the bow string does not hit Legolas' body.

If you look at Trev's work-in-progress pic you can see it just catches Legolas.

I too am happier with the position of the bow in the prototype version otherwise.

Bill

Looks like they may have adapted the prototype version so the bow string does not hit Legolas' body.

If you look at Trev's work-in-progress pic you can see it just catches Legolas.

I too am happier with the position of the bow in the prototype version otherwise.

Bill

I think I prefer the updated sculpt, just seems a bit more symetrical to me. It looks like the position of the right hand has been adjusted a bit as well. I am also wondering if the excl. comes with two bows...one attached to the left hand, and another that somehow attaches to his back when the fighting knives are displayed. Clearly the bow on the back features some kind of a leather wrap covering on the bow shaft, which is not present when Legolas is holding the bow.

2000851_press04-001.jpg

Last edited:
Is it tommorow yet? :lol

I think I like the exclusive better, but without the bow attached to his back, because the right hand hanging up in the air empty kind of wears me out kind of feeling. Maybe if he already had a quiver in hand, I would like the regular bow pose better.

Such a magnificent piece regardless.

I think I prefer the updated sculpt, just seems a bit more symetrical to me. It looks like the position of the right hand has been adjusted a bit as well. I am also wondering if the excl. comes with two bows...one attached to the left hand, and another that somehow attaches to his back when the fighting knives are displayed. Clearly the bow attached to the back features some kind of a leather wrap covering not found on the bow shaft, which is not present when Legolas is holding the bow.

I wonder if there are going to have two back-packs?

One with the knives and no bow and the other with the bow and no knives.
And of course two sets of hands. :yess:

That could work :yess:

Bill

I wonder if there are going to have two back-packs? One with the knives and no bow and the other with the bow and no knives.

Bill

Good call Bill, that would work. Two quivers that attach to his back.....one includes the fighting knives, and the other includes the bow.

I wonder if there are going to have two back-packs?

One with the knives and no bow and the other with the bow and no knives.

Bill

They say it's as big as four cats, and it's got a retractable leg so as it can leap up at you better and you know what, it lights up at night, and it's got four ears. Two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears, and it's claws are as big as cups and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps and Mrs. Doyle was tellin' me that it's got magnets on it's tail so's if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you, and instead of a mouth it's got four arses

They say it's as big as four cats, and it's got a retractable leg so as it can leap up at you better and you know what, it lights up at night, and it's got four ears. Two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears, and it's claws are as big as cups and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps and Mrs. Doyle was tellin' me that it's got magnets on it's tail so's if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you, and instead of a mouth it's got four arses

Is there a "strangest post ever" contest going on......:confused:

What time does the newsletter "usually" go live on Thursday (Eastern Time) these days? Is that the same time to expect Legolas to go up for pre-order or maybe earlier?

Ok, so I am definitely ordering this. I used to love the SS/W line. But, honestly...this piece kicks the SS/W Legolas statue in the rear. It's just so much better.

I am really looking forward to Eomer as well. All we ever got for an Eomer was the SS/W bust, and the likeness on it was pretty lousy (at best). That will be a must buy for me. At this point, I plan on getting Aragorn and every piece after that.

:D

Allan look for it to be up aroun 5-6pm EST as it seems to hit around 4-5 here CST.

This Legolas does look amazing especially in the likeness department.

Like you I'm stoked to get Eomer. Gonna be great to finally own something truly kick ass for this character.

Allan look for it to be up aroun 5-6pm EST as it seems to hit around 4-5 here CST.

This Legolas does look amazing especially in the likeness department.

Like you I'm stoked to get Eomer. Gonna be great to finally own something truly kick ass for this character.

Anyone have any predictions on how fast the exclusive will sell out, considering there will be a NRD?

I have to work tomorrow evening, so I am hoping it will be available long enough for me to get home and order it.

So far this line is 3/3 (Aragorn, GTG, Legolas).

All of them look great, and I have decided to collect this line. I will be ordering Legolas Thursday (exclusive, hopefully) and I got on the wait-list for the first 2 (should of never canceled).

I'm excited to be collecting LOTR again. :)

A few weeks ago I was planning to cast my pre-orders into the fires of Mount Doom. Then I saw the 12 Days of SS group pic and I've been struggling with indecision ever since.

I'd been hoping Legolas wouldn't have a NRD so I could have a little longer to mull it over. But I've realized I'm already going to be spending a boat load of money on Star Wars items from SS this year, and my gf is complaining about all of the empty boxes in the basement. So it's best for me to just walk away now before it's too late.

That being said, I'm going to order tomorrow anyway. This line looks to awesome to miss out on!

A few weeks ago I was planning to cast my pre-orders into the fires of Mount Doom. Then I saw the 12 Days of SS group pic and I've been struggling with indecision ever since.

I'd been hoping Legolas wouldn't have a NRD so I could have a little longer to mull it over. But I've realized I'm already going to be spending a boat load of money on Star Wars items from SS this year, and my gf is complaining about all of the empty boxes in the basement. So it's best for me to just walk away now before it's too late.

That being said, I'm going to order tomorrow anyway. This line looks to awesome to miss out on!

That's pretty funny. I think I can relate. My wife and I are currently remodeling our basement into a family/home theater room. Needless to say, it isn't the cheapest project, even when you are doing it all on your own. Considering it will be a home theater, we've decided what better way to decorate than with movie memorabilia! Well, these new LOTR maquettes would look great in the new basement, so how can I pass them up?! One problem though, I haven't exactly gotten the funds approved from the Mrs....but I too am planning to order tomorrow...

What, you never heard of 'Father Ted'???

It saddens me that people can live their lives not knowing Father Ted!

I must confess I had never heard of Father Ted. I'm not familiar with alot of British television, though I must say I used to really enjoy watching Inspector Morse. :lecture

Back