Legolas/Gimli 20-25 days out.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arod takes some serious space, gotta watch out for the hind leg, because it sticks out a bit.

Yeah, have to admit that I'm blown away by it. The paintjob and gluework around Legolas' lower torso is great! I'm with Agent23 on this one that it ranks up there with some of the best ones. Kudos to SS/W on this one. What a penultimate way to end this poly line! Oh, just for kicks, I got lucky cos KOA gave me edition # 68. Can't complain.

Yea, Rad. It just really impresses me, and I find myself appreciating and looking at it alot.

Still, I can't believe there is only one statue left.

:monkey2

Would someone be kind enough to take a photo of Legolas' face in some good lighting? The face might determine if I pick up this statue or not over teh summer.

Thanks!

LOTRSWfan said:
Would someone be kind enough to take a photo of Legolas' face in some good lighting? The face might determine if I pick up this statue or not over teh summer.

Thanks!

I don't have any on me, but look here (https://charles-song.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3791&start=0), the face is absolutely great. The eyes are a bit large and REALLY blue, but I can't imagine how you could be disappointed with this one. :monkey5

LOTRFan said:
I don't have any on me, but look here (https://charles-song.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3791&start=0), the face is absolutely great. The eyes are a bit large and REALLY blue, but I can't imagine how you could be disappointed with this one. :monkey5

Those were actually the pictures that made me wanna see a close up, lol.

It think it looks amazing, and the face looks great, but a close up will really push me over the edge.

No problem. This piece is really awesome. Fitting this should be one of the final two pieces because of how nice it really is.:chew

I just unboxed mine last night.

Great sculpt, excellent packaging, and a really nice paint job. It looks like they nailed it, to bad we started getting the real quality pieces at the end of the line.

Jesse

Last edited:
Jesseawilson said:
to bad we started getting the real quality pieces at the end of the line.

Unless I fell asleep at the wheel there where lots of real quality pieces from start to finish.

Most of the earlier pieces didn't even come close to the likes of LGOA, ML, Sauron, GOSF exct. Without the sentimental value some of the busts and a few statues were pretty bad when just looked at objectively as a statue.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
Most of the earlier pieces didn't even come close to the likes of LGOA, ML, Sauron, GOSF exct. Without the sentimental value some of the busts and a few statues were pretty bad when just looked at objectively as a statue.

I have to agree for the most part (RWOS, and the Big Three being exceptions), and the new stuff coming from Weta is even betta! :chew (To bad the subject material doesn't have the same appeal)

Jesseawilson said:

Sorry, Jesse I gotta disagree. I think there where a few bumps in the road of couse but for the most part lots of these items where pretty top notch.

jlcmsu said:
Sorry, Jesse I gotta disagree. I think there where a few bumps in the road of couse but for the most part lots of these items where pretty top notch.

I am very into LOTR but I am not swayed into seeing a substandard item as more then it is just because of who it is from or what it's about. Quite a few were good and there were plenty that were bad. I am not here to convince anyone to agree with me nor even really interested in discussing it. Just putting my comment out there for those to see who care to.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:
I am very into LOTR but I am not swayed into seeing a substandard item as more then it is just because of who it is from or what it's about. Quite a few were good and there were plenty that were bad. I am not here to convince anyone to agree with me nor even really interested in discussing it. Just putting my comment out there for those to see who care to.

I'm very into LOTR as well Jesse and I'm in no way swayed into seeing substandard work as more than what it is. HD, GH, Boromir had a few statues, Theoden had a few in that run as well, plus a some others in the line. I also don't give a **** who it's from or what it's about either despite what many want to believe. ;) Most where good and a few where not. I'm not here to convince you or anyone as well but I am willing to discuss it.

jlcmsu said:
I'm very into LOTR as well Jesse and I'm in no way swayed into seeing substandard work as more than what it is. HD, GH, Boromir had a few statues, Theoden had a few in that run as well, plus a some others in the line. I also don't give a **** who it's from or what it's about either despite what many want to believe. ;) Most where good and a few where not. I'm not here to convince you or anyone as well but I am willing to discuss it.

I am glad you liked most of them, really I am. I just don't see the need to have the same conversation over and over again that many here have already had. The Weta line was great, I liked this piece, no it sucked, no it didn't, yes it did because.........., no it didnt because......... blah blah blah

I have long since known your stance and why you feel that way. And now that I have posted you know mine and why I fell the way I do.

There necessarily isn't always a need to discuss something just because someone has a different viewpoint.

Jesse

Back