Legolas and Gimli maquettes delayed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And sorry if my English is not very good and I will state clearly that you understand me and thank you very much for answering with such courtesy and respect.

:lol With Woodsy? Good luck with that.

In MY opinion, the Weta GTG is better OVERALL than the SS one. In MY opinion, the Weta Boromir has a better likeness than the SS one. It's all opinions and to label your own opinion, Woodsy, as fact, proves that you're quick to shoot others down for having an opinion but your opinion is apparantly fact.

Last edited:
But here's another fact for you, 6 maquettes in and SS has vastly improved upon every Weta counterpart so far. Plain and simple....SS's sculptors are better, and if that's not completely evident to you now, it never will be.

To prove how ridiculous this is, i'm going to take a leaf from Woodsy's book, and say "Plain and simple.... Weta's sculptors are better, and if that's not completely evident to you now, it never will be."
It's just an opinion. You don't think one group of sculptors are better than another. Others disagree. But there's no need to bully other members over what they think :(

I hate say it, but a part of me actually hopes Weta gets the 1/6 scale licence to produce Hobbit statues. I don't think they will, but if they do all those with blinders on will, if nothing else, run out of lame excuses. Today's collector is alot more sophisticated than those of 5-10 years ago and if you think collectors are going to put up with mid-quality 1/6 scale LOTR collectibles this time around you are sadly mistaken. :nono

I feel sorry for you. Do you stay awake at night thinking about statues? There are more worthwhile things in life to think about than whether Weta might make good Hobbit collectibles or not. Judging from the work we saw at Comic Con they'll do a fantastic job.

I say close this thread now before it gets more pathetic :lecture

Doesn't the existence of the original SSW line prove that Weta can, given the right stimuli and environment, produce collectibles at a high rate? I always saw their slow rate of release over the last 18 months as a company slowly gearing things up while having greater priorities related to the primary content development of the Hobbit franchise.

Yeah, they have a few 'other projects' to occupy their time!

The fact they also spare some of their time to produce collectibles for us is fantastic and unique. :lecture

:lol With Woodsy? Good luck with that.

I am glad to read that you have noticed my irony :)

And I say, no moderators on this forum to stop the feet of some people in their responses

It's nice to read your comments because you always gives a very objective explanation.

Last edited:
And I say, no moderators on this forum to stop the feet of some people in their responses :nono

There are indeed moderators in this forum. When posts cross the line into personal attack/insult/profanity, they will be deleted. We don't strive to hyper-moderate the discussion and basic internet debate and disagreement will not be censored. I don't think anything has been said yet in this thread that merits moderator intervention--but despite what you might think (and say), there are indeed moderators who are here and paying attention.

There are indeed moderators in this forum. When posts cross the line into personal attack/insult/profanity, they will be deleted. We don't strive to hyper-moderate the discussion and basic internet debate and disagreement will not be censored. I don't think anything has been said yet in this thread that merits moderator intervention--but despite what you might think (and say), there are indeed moderators who are here and paying attention.

Sorry I did not mean to bother anyone in this regard.
Although I do not understand the forms of some answers, but it must be because there is fluent in English.

In the case of some forum 'contributors', who always seem to be at the root of the trouble, the 'actions' of moderators on this board can sometimes be summed up by Gandalf himself: "Foreseen and done nothing!"
Even if you do warn people by private message, they're usually back a few days later and it all starts over again. I've lost count of the number of bullying posts made in this forum.

Anger_Management_7997_Medium.jpg

GOOSFRABAAAAHHHH!!!! :lecture

In the case of some forum 'contributors', who always seem to be at the root of the trouble, the 'actions' of moderators on this board can sometimes be summed up by Gandalf himself: "Foreseen and done nothing!"
Even if you do warn people by private message, they're usually back a few days later and it all starts over again. I've lost count of the number of bullying posts made in this forum.

I wish they'd abolish the shrugging shoulders and coo-coo emoticons. That would add civility to the forum.

Legolas didn't have an NRD. Gimli did but pieces are going to get delayed from time to time.

I don't recall off the top of my head what his original announced release date was back when he pre-ordered, but this is actually the second time Gimli has been pushed back. (Or at least the second time his Flex schedule has been adjusted.) I got an e-mail at the end of June, too. That one moved him to November, but I can't quite remember what month he was originally projected for when went up for the pre-order.

Though I don't mind at all if they need to take a few extra months. I want him to look as good as he can. And, to be honest, the credit cards could use a bit of a breather!

Last edited:
I'm only counting 3, I assume you tossed in Arwen. Did it say at SDCC that she is due 1st Qtr??

The Snow Troll is Q1 as well. Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, and the Snow Troll are all last I checked Q1.

I don't recall off the top of my head what his original announced release date was back when he pre-ordered, but this is actually the second time Gimli has been pushed back. (Or at least the second time his Flex schedule has been adjusted.) I got an e-mail at the end of June, too. That one moved him to November, but I can't quite remember what month he was originally projected for when went up for the pre-order.

I think he was Sept/Oct or something like that when he went up.

Boromir and Snow Troll will obviously be delayed...who are we kidding. When was the last time a statue was actually ON TIME?

Well, I would say them getting pushed back a little is probable if not for anything now but to allow space for our wallets.

Back