Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a Five Below around my area. Hopefully they will turn up somewhere close. From what I hear, there is plenty of them out there. I've been able to purchase all of the LOTR/Hobbit polly bags so it will be only a matter of time.

I bought Bag End for under $50... I used my LEGO VIP reward points to get it. It's easily my favorite LEGO set ever.

It's funny... I've spent more on LEGO sets these pass two years (Star Wars/LOTR/Super Heroes) than I have on Sideshow or Hot Toys product.

My next LEGO purchase is probably going to be the Palace Movie Theater set. Heck, you can make it look like it's opening the Hobbit movie with plenty of moviegoers in costume. :wink1:

Last edited:
Check out this amazing dio.

hobbit_ringwraith_xenomurphy2.jpg

hobbit_ringwraith_xenomurphy1.jpg

I wish I had A, the creativity, B, the bricks and C, the TIME to do that!

That's so awesome. With the Lego store PAB walls loaded with some of those tree parts and the recent holiday PAB box, I can see people doing more forest stuff. Hell, that's what I loaded my two holiday PAB boxes with.

Yeah probably...the whole company goes for 100-140 on ebay depending on the auction. Figure around $10 per minifig. Or you can try to grab them individually which may be cheaper if you can pick up the ones with cheaper shipping.

Ok, so if I wanted to collect all the Dwarves, what sets would I need get ?

God damn !!!!! Cheaper to go after individual figs ?

What I did was get Bag End. That gives you 4 dwarves to start with. Then buy the 9 remaining dwarves separately for about $10 each. I only have one left to track down.

Anyone want to sell me a Nori?

What I did was get Bag End. That gives you 4 dwarves to start with. Then buy the 9 remaining dwarves separately for about $10 each. I only have one left to track down.

Anyone want to sell me a Nori?

That sounds like a good idea.

Yeah I grabbed one of those as well. There is an mirkwood elf one also but I haven't seen it on the shelf.

The Mirkwood Elf is long gone. They were selling out like crazy before xmas.

I'm surprised people are finding those polys at Walmart, as they only seldonly carry polys around here.

Yeah only saw the elf once. Target and TRU normally carry the polys. The WM around here are usually hit or miss.

I love how well they capture the unique look of each dwarf. My only complaint is that the mold for Kili's hair is identical to Thorin's.

Definitely glad I tracked all of them down. I'll take a picture with Bag End later. There is almost too many of them to display its Bag End...

Back