Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Target has some good Lego LOTR sales.

Helm's Deep: MSRP $129.99 / Sale $98.80
Mines of Moria: MSRP $79.99 / Sale: $58.90

If I didn't already have two Mines, I would jump on that one. Pretty tempted on Helm's Deep, because that price is more than fair.

Strange, I stopped at Target today but they were all only discounted a few dollars. Scanned them too to double check.

I did pick up Weathertop at Barnes & Noble. They had it $49.99 regular price and I had 15% off on top of that.

Target has some good Lego LOTR sales.

Helm's Deep: MSRP $129.99 / Sale $98.80
Mines of Moria: MSRP $79.99 / Sale: $58.90

If I didn't already have two Mines, I would jump on that one. Pretty tempted on Helm's Deep, because that price is more than fair.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Lord-Rings-Battle-Helms/dp/B007Q0OUSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350918712&sr=8-1&keywords=Lego+helms+deep"]Amazon[/ame] price matched helm's deep but is out of stock on mines at the moment.

Very tempted to get into this line. :gah:

I don't know if someone has talked about it (I haven't found anything) but at LEGO website they are selling LOTR key chains, and they look very good.
I think they are exclusive at LEGO website.
The link:
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-ByTheme

Yes, the Lego keychains are always just sold in Lego stores or on their site. Generally, the keychains are pretty good, though you have to remember that the metal portions are not removeable and the figure's body and head do not come apart like a normal Lego minifigure. So, if you can pry the metal portion off, you'll have a nice minifigure that might still have a metal ring on their head.

Very tempted to get into this line. :gah:

Do it. It's only going to get better. :lecture

I just scored Lego Helms Deep for $98.00 at Walmart. I never tried price matching before so I wanted to see what would happen.

I took my iphone (with the Target page and price online) up to the customer service desk with the set. They said they only price match flyer prices. I said alright and was going to take it back to the toy section. Then she stopped me asked how much it was, I told her $114. She ended up honoring the $98 anyway, not sure why.

So that was a nice score. I'll try and build it when I have the time. Now I have all the LOTR lego sets plus the upcoming exclusive Elrond minifigure. I don't think I'm going to get any of the Hobbit sets, maybe just Bag End.

The sad part about the printed flyer is that most store ads are worthless. Since they do not offer many options in term of toys and even the items they offer are, for the most part, generic. When they come out most of them have something along the lines of BOGO offers with no specific prices or the pictures are too general/ vague which make it very hard to get the toys that you want.

I had the unpleasant experience of running into the sales representatives that tells you they need to be the one pictured on the ad or they need a specific price. It’s frustrating and useless to argue with them. Not to mention the long waiting time for the manager for him/her to come and tell you the same excuse.

Most stores have the best offers on the net; you were lucky to run into this type of employee.

^^^ That is very true. The Target sale didn't have Helm's Deep listed in their flyer, instead they just had a couple dollars off the Uruk-Hai Army as the advertised sale item. It isn't until you go to the site, that you find the better stuff. And stores are getting so bad with honoring website prices.

^^^ That is very true. The Target sale didn't have Helm's Deep listed in their flyer, instead they just had a couple dollars off the Uruk-Hai Army as the advertised sale item. It isn't until you go to the site, that you find the better stuff. And stores are getting so bad with honoring website prices.

Yep couldn't get Walmart to match Target's web price (brought my ipad in) on the Mines of Moria and amazon is sold out of it. :mad:

Gonna get some of these for my kid. Hope he likes it. Any online toystores you guys can recommend?

79010_The-Goblin-King-Battle.jpg

Looks sweet

79004_Barrel-Escape.jpg

79002_Attack-of-the-Wargs.jpg

79001_Escape-from-Mirkwood-Spiders.jpg

79000_Riddles-for-The-Ring.jpg

Already got mine and put them together tonight. :wink1: One of the very few perks of my job. :lol

They're awesome! :lol

Haha Ditto Anubis! When you say very few, I say the ONLY perk of my job!

Got the paper yesterday and went to pick up the Uruk today, i've done thise with every other polybag this promotion for my nephews but the Uruk sold out

The only one i wanted for a little army building even though it's only 2 per customer and it sells out :( :gah:

Got my Elrond figure from Gamestop today!!! :rock
Will play the game probably later though. I gotta catch up on Assassin's Creed III, Halo4 , Black Ops 2, and most every other game I started but never finished. lol!

Back