Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see how Lego plans to incorporate Smaug himself into a future set.

:lol That's what I'm waiting to see... I wasn't going to be, but I'm a completist with this line so the thought of how Smaug is going to be packaged/priced is scary. :thud:

I can't wait to see how Lego plans to incorporate Smaug himself into a future set.

:lol That's what I'm waiting to see... I wasn't going to be, but I'm a completist with this line so the thought of how Smaug is going to be packaged/priced is scary. :thud:

It's already done fellas!

3546805.jpg

Nothing like building my Lego Orthanc while watching Pacific Rim and eating sunflower seeds

Probably. But with the new D2C Simpsons Lego House, it seems we'll have to wait a bit longer. Next lotr/hobbit sets are out in August. (European release date) and so far some sources speak of 3 sets with €90 being the most expensive one. No Smaug confirmation for now. First idea of what the set will look like is the appearance in the lego hobbit game coming in April/May.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

On a side note the Lego shop in New York shop has a huge Lego dragon in it. It looks awesome...

dragon+made+of+legos+at+lego+store+in+New+York+City+++gigantic+lego+sculpture.jpg

I haven't seen it in a couple years, but that looks alot like build in the water at Downtown Disney Lego.

Yeah, they've got a dragon in the Downtown Disney at Orlando too.
LEGO knows how to do a dragon. I just hope they do Smaug some justice. This one should be a UCS but they'll probably scale it down to be a part of a playable set. Then I'll pass.

Next 4 sets coming out in october.
and Smaug will most likely not be ucs.

I agree.
They would be alienating a huge audience (children) if it was a UCS set, which in turn would mean less sales.
What I said was that it 'should' be UCS.

It seems to always boil down to money.

It seems that Smaug will be represented quite nicely according to this information:

79015 - 101 pieces - 15 dollars
79016 - 313 pieces - 30 dollars
79017 - 471 pieces - 60 dollars
79018 - ???? pieces - 130 dollars

When are the sets normally revealed? SDCC?

Since they are sets for the second part of the year, certainly one of them will be revealed at SDCC. Last year was Lake Town and the year before Bag-End. Other Lego reveals will be DC/Marvel related.

Back