Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presents and gift cards allowed these to arrive into the collection.

Nice. :clap

I was finally able to catch this one last night (while visiting with the folks so I slipped out to my hometown's cozy theatre--- my wife was too tired so it was a solo jaunt) and I loved it!

For Christmas my wife got me 79014 Dol Guldur Battle and 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army. I just popped over to the US side to nab a turkey and while there I grabbed 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush set as well as 79013 Lake-town Chase (loved Steven Fry's part in DoS).

It's going to be a Lego break with another week off. :)

Yeah, I am gonna have some fun. I still have two sets boxed I haven't done. Orthanc is next on my list.

I will say you're about to have some fun as well. :rock

Yeah, I am gonna have some fun. I still have two sets boxed I haven't done. Orthanc is next on my list.

I will say you're about to have some fun as well. :rock

Yep. I put 79013 Lake-town Chase together this afternoon with my kids. Fun set.

All I need now is to get the Barrel Escape set (primarily for Oin and Gloin).

Yep. I put 79013 Lake-town Chase together this afternoon with my kids. Fun set.

All I need now is to get the Barrel Escape set (primarily for Oin and Gloin).

Putting together sets with someone is the best. Hopefully you took pics or vids of the build. Good times!

Putting together sets with someone is the best. Hopefully you took pics or vids of the build. Good times!

Yep, my little buddy (he'll be two in Feb) especially likes the Batman sets. I grabbed (with a GC) the new Riddler/Flash/Batman set on the weekend and he loved that one.

Nice! :rock

I've managed to get the entire Fellowship and Thorin's company.

I still need some LOTR sets, but I met my goal which was constructing Helm's Deep (with multiple additional Uruk-Hai sets-- I think I snagged seven of those to go along with the main set).

Once I get the Oin and Gloin barrel I'll have Thorin's full company.

A full Helm's Deep should look awesome! Share picks when you get it done.

In the middle of re-organizing and it allowed me to set up a full Hobbit shelf.

Quick pics with my Iphone. (I couldn't put the full set on the shelf so only the Goblin King throne).

Helm's Deep and the Mines of Moria just hanging out on the floor for now until I get my new display room finished.

Mirkwood Elf Army is the last one to be built. It's sitting here in its box looking awfully sad. That'll maybe be a project today (if we ever dig ourselves out of this post-Christmas clean-up).

Mirkwood Elf Army is the last one to be built. It's sitting here in its box looking awfully sad. That'll maybe be a project today (if we ever dig ourselves out of this post-Christmas clean-up).

The sets look great together. Awesome!
Thanks for sharing pics.

I just picked up a couple of the CASTLE sets to complement the LOTR\Hobbit display I'm planning in my head. They were the Medieval Market Village and the Mill Village Raid. I paid aftermarket prices, but got them both for around $200 NIB, so I didn't need to bend over too far.

Funny thing is, as I was playing the Lego LOTR game last night, I see a windmill and several other elements included in these sets, so I figure they will go together nicely.

I already built and setup all the LOTR sets about a year ago, but they've since been taken down and stored. Looking forward to building them again.

The sets look great together. Awesome!
Thanks for sharing pics.

Thanks. They'll look better once I get them spread out in my new display area (currently under construction).

I need to put all my Hobbit/LOTR stuff on display. A lot of really nice sets when you go back and look at them.

They definitely do-- although right now they're a little cramped.

I just picked up a couple of the CASTLE sets to complement the LOTR\Hobbit display I'm planning in my head. They were the Medieval Market Village and the Mill Village Raid. I paid aftermarket prices, but got them both for around $200 NIB, so I didn't need to bend over too far.

Funny thing is, as I was playing the Lego LOTR game last night, I see a windmill and several other elements included in these sets, so I figure they will go together nicely.

I already built and setup all the LOTR sets about a year ago, but they've since been taken down and stored. Looking forward to building them again.

Awesome pick up. Yep, the building is part of the fun. Here's the addition of the Mirkwood Army-- and Azog's forces grow.

Unfortunately for now it really cuts off the view of Bard and Laketown.

So happy to have Azog on his white warg.

I don't have a ton of LotR/Hobbit sets, but those pics are making me regret never getting a Bag End, its really a beautiful display piece.

Back