Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed the Wizard Battle today... I'll wait for other retailers to get the other sets before I'll consider getting those. TRU cracks me up. There were signs all over the Lego isle that said "great everyday price" :lol What a joke!

Anyway, great little set, the Wizard Battle. Love the silver detail on Saruman's upper body. Looks very cool!

Was in TRU yesterday...only had Pirate Ship and Black Gate sets...both sets are very cool...but not paying TRU prices...at least 20% higher than other stores...everyday 'low' prices my a$$.

Picked up the Wizard Battle and Council of Elrond today, killer sets. Wait till end of June for my B'Day, so my good wife and daughter can get me the Black Gates and Ghost ship.

Got the wizard battle today. It's a nice little set. Freakin love Saruman. I was a little angry though. The TRU poorly organized the shelf and I could barely find the battle. I couldn't find the black gate. I found only one council of elrond. And three corsair ships. I really wanted to pick up the black gate, but will have to go to a different TRU

Although I would never pose the "dueling" (never happened in the book), it is a pretty cool set. Almost worth it to have the tiny Palantir.

lego-lotr-wizard-battle.png

Thanks for the link, Cammo, thats a great review. I think this is my most anticipated set ever.

Back