Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is NO question that this will be an instant purchase. I just hope I don't do what I always do and buy this the second TRU get this in, if you wait a month or two, you can save some coin.

It's not as tall but alot more pricey than the 3d puzzle version...but oh man it's freakin nice...a Lego LOTR grail...like the Haunted House was for Monster Fighters

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit of internet information:

Some one over at minimatemultiverse posted that Diamond mentioned possible hobbit minimates during their presentation. Sounded like its not something they are doing but something they are pursuing.

Didn't want to start a thread for it since we know how reliable the internet is but since they would be close to lego size I figured I'd post it here and see if anybody knows/heard more about this.

Again this is second or third hand info at best.

Some one over at minimatemultiverse posted that Diamond mentioned possible hobbit minimates during their presentation. Sounded like its not something they are doing but something they are pursuing.

Didn't want to start a thread for it since we know how reliable the internet is but since they would be close to lego size I figured I'd post it here and see if anybody knows/heard more about this.

Well they did LOTR ones so it's highly possible.

The LOTR ones were awesome...and was sad to see that line end...as with all of the LOTR lines...right when they start getting good, they end:(

Yeah the unproduced wave was at the top of my list of wants. I have the Aragon from that wave. It was a test one but it has all of its paint apps and accessories. I wonder if they do make any if they will continue the old lotr scale or do traditional minimates scale

I made a conscious decision not to get into the Lego line because of my completest nature but OMFG ORTHANC IS AMAZING!!!! :panic: :bow

Target in my area has put a couple sets on clearance. Shelob is marked down to 13 and Weathertop, which I picked up just now, was down to 41. FYI

I just got Weathertop for $29!

No Shelobs, though. I need to get moving on these sets before they dry up.

Buy two and put them together. :lol

:panic: I would love to have something like that, but I would have to find the second set deeply discounted.

I made a conscious decision not to get into the Lego line because of my completest nature but OMFG ORTHANC IS AMAZING!!!! :panic: :bow

Same. Can't help it, except for my daugter and I getting the poly Gandalf, I have totally been able to avoid this line. But after seeing Orthanc and having my wife mention that we should get Bag End everytime I stop to look at Star Wars Legos, I've decided its just time to dive in.

You better clear some space on your shelves:
30c0rhe.png

I had to buy all of the LOTR sets - just today I've ordered my last set - Orc Forge.

I didn't buy the Hobbit sets yet - I'm still thinking if I should collect the sets or not. :)

Back