Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Nick, I just won the black pearl of eBay for $90 shipped, and got the queen Anne of amazon for $100 shipped during their holiday sale that is pretty much over now.

And yes, definitely text me any deals you find. Thanks.

Lego store prices are pretty good too. You can join their little club and get discounts and such. I wish I could find a good price on the Death Star, but that monster is $400.

Keep an eye on the big sets, Lego will drop the price on them. I remember when I picked up my Star Destroyer for $199 from the online store.

Yeah, TRU prices have really jumped ahead of the Wal Marts and Targets of the world.... ____

They've always pulled this ____, and when they get exclusives they're always shared with the LEGO stores. I buy them there instead of TRUs.

Nick, I just won the black pearl of eBay for $90 shipped, and got the queen Anne of amazon for $100 shipped during their holiday sale that is pretty much over now.

Nice find Scott and will do (on the texting). :duff

yeah, i am wiating on the death star to drop just a bit (maybe). also want to pick up the black pearl and falcon. both look like awesome sets.

vkALH.jpg

I am looking forward to some of the sets but I really want to dive right into playing Lego: The Lord of the Rings games and The Hobbit game.

Looking good. It sucks that Gimli is hobbit-sized, and Sam I think has the worst likeness.

Walmart is selling out the Pirates lego sets so make sure you check them out. I noticed the Queen Anne in the sale isle but I didn't check it out, sorry.

I don't think any of the sets have been officially announced, just leaked.

The LOTR sets should hit retail in August with many more to come in December with the release of a certain movie that may be popular this year :)

I plan on picking up every set. I also just met the Lego crack dealer of my area that gets sets around 25% off retail, cash, no tax. SCORE!

Walmart is selling out the Pirates lego sets so make sure you check them out. I noticed the Queen Anne in the sale isle but I didn't check it out, sorry.

REALLY? AS much as I hate Walmart, I will stop by tomorrow on my way to work. I was in there last week, no sales.

The LOTR sets are coming out in August, and from the previews at the UK Toy Fair, sounds like you will need to buy every set to complete the Fellowship. Still very excited and can't wait.

Pic from Brickset.com's website:

6755594299_b088024f5f_z.jpg

Of the bunch, Gimli looks the best to me. Love his helmet detailing. It will be interesting to see how they tackle gollum. I suppose they could do a molded body like the hobbits but his wiry frame must be a challenge given how blocky Lego tends to be.

I plan on picking up every set. I also just met the Lego crack dealer of my area that gets sets around 25% off retail, cash, no tax. SCORE!

Hook me up with your dealer. Mama needs some candy.

:D

The LOTR sets are coming out in August, and from the previews at the UK Toy Fair, sounds like you will need to buy every set to complete the Fellowship. Still very excited and can't wait.

Pic from Brickset.com's website:

6755594299_b088024f5f_z.jpg

I thought this was a photoshopped pic. I might be wrong though.

Back