Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

I'm unfamiliar with lego sets but if you need to put them together, that could be fun.

So are they really that nice looking?

They can be. They tend to look pretty cool for what they are and I think the lotr could make for some really cool looks.

Do they come with instructions so you know what block to put where??

I'm not sure on that. I think some of the more complex ones do.

yeah, they come with instructions. they are a lot of fun and highly addictive.

Leaked set lists for round 1

9469 Gandalf Arrives
9470 Shelob Attacks
9471 Uruk-hai Army
9472 Attack on Weathertop
9473 The Mines of Moria
9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep
9476 The Orc Forge

:yess::yess::yess:

not a single one on that list that won't be bought on sight.

Holy crap! Since I thought all the Toy Biz figures pretty much sucked in my mind these are the first real LOTR "toys" since the 1978 Knickerbocker line! :rock

the knickerbocker ringwraith is still one of my favorite figures/items out of all my lotr stuff.

thanks to cstojano for that leaked list. Sounds like I will be there to buy and build.

Yes legos come with instructions complete with pictures showing you what brick goes where, even for the smaller sets.

Okay. This I would enjoy. I'm going to get these sets. :D

Cool, looking forward to see what they do with them.

And as far as i'm concerned LEGO is a collectible, know why? Google the prices on Lego Batman sets released a few years ago & you'll see.

Leaked set lists for round 1

9469 Gandalf Arrives
9470 Shelob Attacks
9471 Uruk-hai Army
9472 Attack on Weathertop
9473 The Mines of Moria
9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep
9476 The Orc Forge

:horror My credit card just cried.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwc39M1vGaM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

They must've had a contest for these......

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og47mPwjTOY[/ame]

Nice, I've collected a lot of the Lego Star Wars sets as well as the old Batman sets, def. can't wait to see LOTR in minifig form.

I'm gonna enjoy these sets through all you guys as i don't buy Lego, apart from the video games, which i will get if / when they release them.
I'll be saving my money for the Hobbit statue line, whoever does it, and whatever environments, art prints etc Weta continue to bring out, as well as any Sideshow LOTR maquettes that pop up that i like.

Now, I know a lot of you guys will be new to LEGO because of this license so bear with me on this video. These are VERY preliminary designs and will not be indicative of what the final release will look like. This is just to give you an idea of what to expect. But, wow...

[ame]https://youtu.be/GHf262UufYE[/ame]

Looks sweet to me! Lego finally has a license I feel is worth buying.

I can't believe that noone has pointed out that we may actually FINALLY get the entire Fellowship in one format. :lol

Back