Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

Yeah Lego didn't negotiate this license for 7 sets. Expect several years of released at least. Minimally we are looking at the Indiana Jones line but I think with the Hobbit plus 3 LOTR films we could be in for many sets.

For now... there's also The Hobbit and probably more LotR.

Sorry thats what I meant, I figure there will be more sets down the line, but if I were to say start with SW lego.. way too many sets to catch up with.. but this I would be starting new and be able to get them all easier

The thing with SW Lego though is that they rehash the same sets so it is easier to get started AND the sets get better all the time. For example, unless you are completist (which doesn't seem to be common Lego collecting) the latest Xwing is much nicer than previous ones. Ditto for Slave 1, TIE Fighter, Y-wing, Landspeeder, etc. You get the point. When they do rehash a set the value on the older ones usually plummets. Plus you can still get the key set 10188 at retail. The point is, its never too late.

The sets look better than I could have thought. and the Uruk Hai army set comes with a section of helms deep wall! we could build the whole bloody fortress!

Love the fact that they put studs on the cave troll so you can pose Legolas on top of it. Generally please with what I see, glad they upped the ante on Shelob (vs Aragog) with the spinning mechanism (I think) and the extra effort put into the legs.

I hope they do a Lego PS3 game, I love playing those with my kids. :yess:

The Fellowship...

429477_10150528790653403_6665038402_9091598_989518281_n.jpg

Detailing on Theoden's armor is amazing. Check out fbtb.net's coverage of toyfare for lots of high quality images.

Lego LOTR

Who here is excited for these new sets to come out in the summer?

To the Mods, sorry if this is a topic already I check a few pages to see if there was one. Didn't see it so started one. If there is one please erase this one and I'll search for the other one. Thanx

Re: Lego LOTR

Who here is excited for these new sets to come out in the summer?

To the Mods, sorry if this is a topic already I check a few pages to see if there was one. Didn't see it so started one. If there is one please erase this one and I'll search for the other one. Thanx

Yeah, these look to be pretty cool.

No worries. I merged it with the current thread. :duff

Can I ask what the segment was on?

They did a little Toy Fair recap and had a table with some of the more noteworthy product reveals. For Lego they showed the "Friends" line for girls and the full Helm's Deep setup. They also showed a remote control Spider-Man that attaches to a wall and climbs all over it.

Want to jump in on this, but no overly impressed so far. Might get just some of the smaller sets.

I know. Will make it easier to get these sets to be honest. Plus we still get RP on them.

Back