LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the Jabbas Palace set and as great as it is i couldn't help but think it was a bit of a missed opportunity.

Lego has a huge adult collectors base. Wish they would've done a system where you can buy sections and then put them all together to have made a bigger throne room and rancor pit so it wasn't so cramped, or done a much bigger set like the Simpsons or haunted house

I like the idea of them offering expansions to sets for people who wanted them, but I don't know if the demand would be high enough. But the beauty of LEGO is that you can always alter things yourself if you like. That's what I did with the Palace and Rancor Pit (apologies to those who have already seen this).

expanded_lego_jabba_rancor1.jpg

So did you end up getting two of each to make this happen bro?

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly how much it took. I got a couple of extra sets of each (without the minifigs) on ebay and used them for the extra parts, but I had a lot left over that I eventually want to try and use to add some kind of a removable roof. So it's probably roughly two of each, with some pieces from the pick-a-brick.

I like the idea of them offering expansions to sets for people who wanted them, but I don't know if the demand would be high enough. But the beauty of LEGO is that you can always alter things yourself if you like. That's what I did with the Palace and Rancor Pit (apologies to those who have already seen this).

See, now this is a playset! :lecture

I think they need to spend less time worrying about making a playset that looks like what it should on the outside and make a bigger set on the inside so you can actually play with it. The cantina is going the same route. It's way too small and should be like the top floor of your Jabba's palace.

Imagine how cool the Death Star would be if it had bigger rooms and wasn't set up the way it is now.

Imagine how cool the Death Star would be if it had bigger rooms and wasn't set up the way it is now.

I agree, although there is something kind of cool about having the Death Star be shaped like that. Here is someone who built BaronSat's design for a LEGO version of the vintage Death Star playset, which is pretty close to what you're talking about:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1107703/

I agree, although there is something kind of cool about having the Death Star be shaped like that. Here is someone who built BaronSat's design for a LEGO version of the vintage Death Star playset, which is pretty close to what you're talking about:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1107703/

I saw the eBay listing from BaronSat last year and thought about buying it, but didn't want to commit to buying bricks separately from BrickLink. :lol

That's GREAT icruise! Do you have a parts list/instructions for this bad boy?

I just winged it when creating it, so I really don't know I'm afraid. 90% or more is made just from the parts in the Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit sets though, and the only things I added were things like extra sand colored bricks.

I just winged it when creating it, so I really don't know I'm afraid. 90% or more is made just from the parts in the Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit sets though, and the only things I added were things like extra sand colored bricks.

Oh you! Still though, great job man!

You better start taking it apart and documenting! ;)

Well looks like I'm going to have to Baron Sat it up!

Wow fantastic job!! I'm a big Lego collector and Lego modder. I actually started this project when the Rancor pit came out but never got around to finishing it. Seeing yours might make this a good time to finish off mine.

Here it is AFOL's!

LEGO 75059 Sandcrawler, Ages 14+ 3,296 Pieces

US $299.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 299.99€ – UK £249.99 – DK 2,799.00 DKK

LEGO_75059_Sandc_531b06d70f79e.jpg

Jawa-Sandcrawler-LEGO-75059-Opening-Sides-Top-Hatch-Ramp-e1394295273943.jpg

500x350x75059-1-500x350.jpg.pagespeed.ic.we28JqpEJw.jpg

This is just EPIC and one of the main reasons why I'd never be happy with LEGO's version. It's too small. They really should have done a much bigger modular set with it.

Back