LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For you guys that have either, which is the better of the two sets the 10221 Super Star Destroyer or the 10188 Death Star as they're both the same price. Better value for the money?

For those of you that order sets from Amazon do they pack them in a way the boxes are not damaged, specifically a set as big as the Death Star?

For those of you that order sets from Amazon do they pack them in a way the boxes are not damaged, specifically a set as big as the Death Star?

If its serviced/fulfilled by Amazons delivery, its going to be packed like a tank. I get vit/supplements auto shipped on a monthly basis, even a 5 buck plastic bottle that could probably survive in a warzone is packed in airbags. They're pretty pro.

I'm afraid I can't agree. I get a lot of stuff from Amazon, and generally speaking they are fine. However, I recently had my $200 LEGO Lord of the Rings Orthanc set ship from Amazon (not a third party retailer) wrapped only in thick plastic -- no box at all! I couldn't believe it. Naturally the box was trashed when it arrived, with a large hole in the side. I've also heard of others having trouble with box damage on things like the Imperial Shuttle when buying from Amazon. Of course I've ordered other things from them that were fine, but it seems like they have a weak spot when it comes to large sets. So it's a bit of a crapshoot. I've also had issues with things that have shipped from Toys R Us. If you really want it shipped right, buying direct from LEGO seems like the way to go.

It may be the size, I can only speak for myself, I get shipments every few days and have never had anything shipped without balloons or not shipped in an amazon box, but I also don't think I've ever had anything shipped the size you guys are talking about and that could make the difference.

Thanks to everyone for the help. After comparing prices I saved about $4 by getting the Death Star from Amazon as I'm a Prime member. It arrived very quickly (today) minty fresh within the brown lego shipper sealed and double boxed, big props to Amazon!!! I still can't believe I ordered this on a whim like I did. I've only seen it once in store, as our closest Lego store is almost two hours away, but I've watched a ton of reviews.

I have to say I am completely enthralled by the sheer awesomeness of this thing and i haven't even started the build yet. I stopped by walmart today and picked a couple of the new death star trooper sets to go with it. I also noticed they had jabba's sail barge and the rancor pit discounted quite a bit as others have posted, but didn't bite yet due this big purchase. I have been overcome with the Lego bug to the point I'm planning on selling a few of my Sideshow figs and maybe even my HT Luke to help fund more. I'm having a true geekism.

Thanks to everyone for the help. After comparing prices I saved about $4 by getting the Death Star from Amazon as I'm a Prime member. It arrived very quickly (today) minty fresh within the brown lego shipper sealed and double boxed, big props to Amazon!!! I still can't believe I ordered this on a whim like I did. I've only seen it once in store, as our closest Lego store is almost two hours away, but I've watched a ton of reviews.

I have to say I am completely enthralled by the sheer awesomeness of this thing and i haven't even started the build yet. I stopped by walmart today and picked a couple of the new death star trooper sets to go with it. I also noticed they had jabba's sail barge and the rancor pit discounted quite a bit as others have posted, but didn't bite yet due this big purchase. I have been overcome with the Lego bug to the point I'm planning on selling a few of my Sideshow figs and maybe even my HT Luke to help fund more. I'm having a true geekism.

I just bought one about a month or so ago. The build is a long process, but very fun. It's PACKED with features and great details. Even with the 20+ minifigs it comes with I have still added at least ten more. It's that big! If you keep each build session to one numbered group of bags you'll be good to go... One word of warning, and pretty much the only issue I had with the set, be careful with the brick colors for the Black, Dk Grey, and Lt Grey. The instruction book seems to change those tones from page to page, which makes it easy to put black bricks in a spot that should be dark grey, etc. :)

One word of warning, and pretty much the only issue I had with the set, be careful with the brick colors for the Black, Dk Grey, and Lt Grey. The instruction book seems to change those tones from page to page, which makes it easy to put black bricks in a spot that should be dark grey, etc. :)

Thanks for the heads up Flosi. I can't wait to get started on it, but more than time my biggest issue is build space. Against my wife's best wishes we may have to overtake the kitchen table for a while.

Yeah I recall having some problems with black, and dark/light gray myself. With so many pieces to work with (even divided up by box) it's easy to go off on the wrong track and have to double back and redo a section if you're not careful.

I'm on the fence between The Super Star Destroyer and Death Star Set too. Both seem awesome oh and the new Ewok Village seems like a really cool set.

DS, Ryan....There's rumors it might be retired. Safe to assume that the UC Falcon rumor might play into that whole thing.

If that's the truth than I just might have to get the Death Star next. The UC Falcon I want so badly if it definitely is coming. I love my smaller Falcon a lot. Great set.

I got the little Death Star troop set this past weekend. You know, I thought I'd hate the little stud blasters with the action feature, but I don't hate them as much as I thought I would. I don't love them and would prefer the regular weapons, but I can live with them.

I was almost certain that the mention of stud blasters would get a post out of you in the Lego thread, furystorm.

Back