Lego Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I need a chick like that. The ones I know just look at me, while rolling their eyes and sighing saying "you play VIDEO games....." :monkey2

Yeah like there is something wrong with it! :cuckoo:

I even get that from some of my friends and family. :dunno
Everyone's allowed to have a hobby or two. We have pretty much everything but an Xbox 360. The biggest question will be, for which platform will we get Harry Potter. I went with the PS3 versions for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Batman because of the graphics. But if there's going to be cool wand waving and stuff, I might just have to get the Wii version this time.

What do you think? What's going to be the best platform for Lego Harry Potter?

I got them all on 360 and will get this one on 360 as well because i prefer the pad on 360. Not even sure there was any difference in graphics tbh but i've never played lego on the ps3.

I even get that from some of my friends and family. :dunno
Everyone's allowed to have a hobby or two. We have pretty much everything but an Xbox 360. The biggest question will be, for which platform will we get Harry Potter. I went with the PS3 versions for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Batman because of the graphics. But if there's going to be cool wand waving and stuff, I might just have to get the Wii version this time.
What do you think? What's going to be the best platform for Lego Harry Potter?

I thought that and got Order of the Phoenix for Wii just because of the wand waving.....and while it was fun, it did get tiresome PLUS it didn't always synch right. Granted, they have the Motion Plus and the games probably synch better now, after about 1 hours, my arms started to hurt :lol

:lol

Yeah the Wii is a pain for that, it all starts out fun & great then the tired arms kick in and you're wish for the normal pad. :lol

:lol

Yeah the Wii is a pain for that, it all starts out fun & great then the tired arms kick in and you're wish for the normal pad. :lol

It's hard to argue with that. Kick-butt high-def graphics usually beats out gimmicky arm-waving. But I'll reserve judgement until some reviews come out.

This is one of the reasons why I never finished Zelda: Twilight Princess, my arms would get too tired. And I'm a weight lifter too, but still, the arms get very heavy

It's hard to argue with that. Kick-butt high-def graphics usually beats out gimmicky arm-waving. But I'll reserve judgement until some reviews come out.

But lego games arent really tops in the high def graphics.

Here are the achievements

Junior 50
Complete Year One Story Levels
Senior 50
Complete Year Two Story Levels
Prefect 50
Complete Year Three Story Levels
Head Boy 50
Complete Year Four Story Levels
Teacher's pet 70
Complete All Story Lessons (Single Player Only)
Story Complete! 70
Complete the Story Levels in all four years
Crest Collector 30
Collect all of the house crests in Year 1 (Single Player Only)
Crest Fanatic 30
Collect all of the house crests in Year 2 (Single Player Only)
Ultra Collector 30
Collect all of the house crests in Year 3 (Single Player Only)
The Ultimate Collector 30
Collect all of the house crests in Year 4 (Single Player Only)
Power Up! 45
Collect all of the Red Bricks (Single Player Only)
The Bonus Level is Yours 70
Collect all of the Gold Bricks (Single Player Only)
Student Rescue 45
Rescue all students in peril (Single Player Only)
Stud Magnet 30
Get True Wizard in every level (Single Player Only)
You're the Best 70
Complete the game to 100% (Single Player Only)
Dark Wizards 10
Buy every version of Voldemort (Quirrell/Tom Riddle/Voldemort) (Single Player Only)
Quidditch Team 10
Buy the entire Gryffindor Quidditch team from Book One (Single Player Only)
Back in Time 10
Use the Time-Turner
Building Blocks 30
Complete all the LEGO Builder tutorial levels (Single Player Only)
Good Dog 10
Defeat 20 enemies with Fang
Wonderful Weasleys 10
Buy the entire Weasley family (Single Player Only)
Quirrell Quandary 15
Defeat Quirrell in the Quirrell boss fight, using Voldemort
Multiplier 10
Collect 10 million studs in one level (Single Player Only)
Arachnophobic 10
Defeat 20 spiders with Ron
Chilled out 10
Freeze 20 characters using Glacius
Boo! 10
Scare 20 students using a ghost character
Animagus 10
Unlock all Animagi (Single Player Only)
Defeating the Object 15
Defeat the mountain troll, using Quirrell
Watch Out! 15
Knock over ten characters using a ride-able object
Solid Snape 15
Hide in a barrel as Snape

Role Reversal 15
Defeat Harry (as Voldemort), in the Graveyard
Quiet Please! 15
Turn the sound and music down to 0 in the options menu whilst in the library
Muggle Trouble 15
Defeat 10 enemies with a Muggle character
Lumos Solem 15
Destroy 50 Devil's Snare plants
Quick Quidditch 15
Complete the Quidditch level within five minutes
Ghostly Treasure 15
Collect 500 ghost studs

In bold is probably my favorite named achievement :lol

Some screenshots

med_LHP_Screen01_Wave5.jpg

med_LHP_Screen17_Wave5.jpg

med_LHP_Screen27_Wave5.jpg

med_LHP_Wave2_25.jpg

med_LHP_Screen43_Wave5.jpg

med_LHP_Wave2_29.jpg

Demo available for download today on Xbox Live. Played a little bit earlier and it looks like it was be great

ended up picking up Indy 2 for $20 so I'll be waiting a while for HP. the split screen introduced in IJ2 is weird, but I can see it being handy once we get used to it.

ended up picking up Indy 2 for $20 so I'll be waiting a while for HP. the split screen introduced in IJ2 is weird, but I can see it being handy once we get used to it.

Where did you get it for $20...I held off getting it until it became cheaper, so at $20, will probably pick it up

I think 19.99 is the new retail price... I saw it at Target and Best Buy for that price.

Cool deal, will have to check that out.

Demo was great, but it was only two levels, once beaten, you can do free play on. Love being Voldemort, he has tons of cool spells you can do. Only bad part was that there is no free roam around the castle; thought they might have a little of that in the demo, but alas, they do not

Indy 2 is pretty cool. I stopped playing right when Red Dead came out but I need to get back to it and march towards 100%

Is it online co op like it claimed?

The first level was WINDGADRIUM LEVIOSA (sp?) and it had Harry/Ron/Hermione and it was 2 players. The second level was THE FORBIDDEN FOREST and it had Ron/Hermione/Hagrid/Fang and that was also 2 players; so yea, it seemed like it was co-op

He's a little glance at Voldemort, he's awesome in the demo

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cj_bQgJLv4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cj_bQgJLv4Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back