Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego DC 2012. NOW 2013!!!

Another great find James.

Gotta say though these don't look as good as they could've been, the Tumbler is tiny and i was hoping the Daily Bugle would be more like classic building.

Thanks bud. :hi5:
Sadly, I agree with you. In the TDKR set, I think Bane and Gordon look great.The Tumbler and the Bat however, not so much. And it's a real putty Batman's suit isn't black.

The Daily Bugle set looks ok, I too wish it looked more like a classic biuilding, it looks kinda plain to me. I am unsure if the Bugle comes with everything pictured, I think they might be 2 different sets, kinda strange having Dr. Doom in that set with Spidey/JJ. However, I posted a link the other day with upcoming sets and the only other explanation could be a set called Marvel 4. :dunno

I'll keep my eye's peeled for any more info. :wave

Thanks for posting the TMNT set Flosi, looks cool. :lecture

The reason Doc Doom and Nova are there is because their Soidey license is for the Ultimate Spidey cartoon, which has lots f different marvel characters

I like the size of the tumbler in this set.

Have they ever announced a UCS tumbler yet? Maybe they're saving all the marbles for that one?

The reason Doc Doom and Nova are there is because their Soidey license is for the Ultimate Spidey cartoon, which has lots f different marvel characters

:slap I totally forgot it is for the new cartoon! I remember when I first bought Dock Ocks hideout I saw that logo on the side of the box, thanks for informing me man! :goodpost:

I totally forgot, would have been cool to include Wolverine though, or even a Peter. But there is still another Spidey set left, so there is still hope. :yess:

Disappointed how the Bat and Tumbler look, but I'll pick it up anyway since I missed TDK set in 08.

8077051548_d3049ee6b9.jpg

76001-1.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_VgtqS6cCY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_VgtqS6cCY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

The Bat and tumbler could have been a lot better, both I love how Gordon and Bane turned out.

Wow. Those are some really awful vehicles designs. 7888 was not that long ago, either. Juniorization is really rampant through both the new Super Hero lines.

I am guessing the blue accents are there to break up the all-black design and make it more appealing to kids.

Maybe, but to be fair, in the link Nova posted a while ago (the video about the new AA) there is a few features which are for us older collectors, like stuff only we would know. He talks about it in the video after he states that Poison Ivy's chamber is included to pay homage to his previous boss. I would recomend everyone to view it, it's a really good watch. :lecture

Actually since they did the comic Wolverine set, that would indicate they have the comic license. So Dr Doom isn't there because thats the only reason to get him there, but just because its the most logical. There aren't a ton of buildable sets for Marvel IMO. And since Doom actually had some ships on the cartoon, it makes sense to get him out this way.

I think the reason the Tumbler looks so toyish is because of the black tumbler set before looked more intricate, plus all the camo tumbler customs out there.

Actually since they did the comic Wolverine set, that would indicate they have the comic license. So Dr Doom isn't there because thats the only reason to get him there, but just because its the most logical. There aren't a ton of buildable sets for Marvel IMO. And since Doom actually had some ships on the cartoon, it makes sense to get him out this way.

Off the top of my head:

Baxter Building
Avengers Mansion
Weapon X Facility
Fantasticar
Blackbird
Punisher's battle van
Oscorp Lab
Danger Room
Sakaar Arena :)pray:)

Quite a few of them would make great buildable sets.

Im dissappointed with the DC offerings, More Batman and Superman? Was hoping for something GL related. What about a Hall of Justice?

I think if they did a HofJ and offered the 7 founding JLA members, you could push it for $150

I want that GL minifigure but the eBay prices are insane, stupid Lego making the new characters exclusives and the retails just newer versions.

Anyway, i much prefer the old Tumbler, look at the difference...

7888.jpg

I think the reason the Tumbler looks so toyish is because of the black tumbler set before looked more intricate, plus all the camo tumbler customs out there.

Off the top of my head:

Baxter Building
Avengers Mansion
Weapon X Facility
Fantasticar
Blackbird
Punisher's battle van
Oscorp Lab
Danger Room
Sakaar Arena :)pray:)

Quite a few of them would make great buildable sets.

And how many of those would feature Dr. Doom? Baxter Building sure. Avengers Mansion maybe? But Galactus would be a far better villian for a F4 set as he could be the buildable object.

I'm not saying there aren't things they can use to make sets with, but once you do those sets, ideas really dry up quick. It would be a shame if they don't do a sentinel though. That is just begging for the Lego treatment.

And set idea problems is why everything is very Batman sentric on the DC side. The other guys don't have much. Sure there is WW's invisable jet they are working on, and GL could be fun with clear green bricks, but what do you give Flash? The cosmic treadmill? Yeah, thats a big $7 set :lol Batman has the toys that make good toys :wink1:

After watching that Arkham video I can say with certainty I won't be picking it up. I like the original much more.

The Bat/Tumbler set looks awful too. I will just pick the minifigures up online.

Back