Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego DC 2012...

Man, with Marvel Legos coming out now, I'm really tempted to get back into Legos and snatch these. I'm just really pissed I didn't pick up the original Batman legos now. Ebay BINs are insane with literally no actual auctions. :(

Man, with Marvel Legos coming out now, I'm really tempted to get back into Legos and snatch these. I'm just really pissed I didn't pick up the original Batman legos now. Ebay BINs are insane with literally no actual auctions. :(

your not really missing out though. all the older sets are getting rereleased. Just with tweaks.

Batmobile
Batcopter
Arkham Asylum
Batcave

I cant think of any character that was released before, that isnt available with the newer sets

Really? Sweet! I didn't catch that! :yess:

I'll probably still have to hunt for a black and white Two-face though right?

Since the new one is purple/orange, probably.

I tried being in a LEGO fan group locally. I couldnt believe how greedy and underhanded they all were.I lasted a few months. that was it.

so, the batman sets were already sold out everywhere. the original sets. clearanced. and one of the members in the club mentioned having multiples of them unopenned. I offered to buy one, even at ebay prices, just to save on shipping. He said nope, he would never sell them.

wtf? so youre not going to build them, but youre going to sell them either?

fine, whatever. but another guy in the group, I had the bat tank set, which was normally around $100 on ebay, but I figured as a "group" there was no reason to offer ebay prices. so I offered it for $50

Guy makes a post about how it undermines the integrity of the group, because one guy will get a good deal, making the other ones jealous. And that I should be more considerate in the future.

and then he emailed me, asking to buy the set.

:lol What a bunch of dbags and hypocrites. Its funny how many of the low-end toy collectors are like that though. They at like they are high rollers and all that, but really their just a bunch of selfish jerks.

I'm lucky to have 2 awesome DCUC/ML collectors in my area and we always hook eachother up with sightings, etc.

Do you know of any good lego fan sites though? I'm more looking for just a place with the latest info on things. I doubt we have any cool Lego collectors in my area. :lol

Last edited:

here in Oregon, its every man for hiself.

about ten years ago, I was trying to collect hot wheels with my son.

I went to a Walmart that openned at 7AM.

at 645 an employee comes out and says there will be no running or he is kicking everyone out. Apparently, someone the day before knocked down an old lady, trying to get to the hot wheels first.

So when the doors open, these jackoffs start zigzagging thru the register lanes, power walking. I strolled back there, no way Im running for a 75 cent toy.

I get back there, and look around. All I was looking for was a scorching scooter motorcycle. One guy comes up to me, and asks what Im looking for, so I tell him. He yells at a lady" Hey Cathy. why dont you let this guy have a scooter for him and his kid"

this lady, no joke, had like 5-6 of the scooters in her hand.

Her answer?

"If he wants them, he can find them himself. Just like I did"

that was my last Hotwheel experience.

I just dont get the greediness of collecting.

Make fun of the spawn board all you want, but there was about a dozen guys there that would help you look for anything you need.

Well Cathy sounds like an a-hole, but at least the other guy asked her to give you one of those scooters.

here in Oregon, its every man for hiself.

about ten years ago, I was trying to collect hot wheels with my son.

I went to a Walmart that openned at 7AM.

at 645 an employee comes out and says there will be no running or he is kicking everyone out. Apparently, someone the day before knocked down an old lady, trying to get to the hot wheels first.

So when the doors open, these jackoffs start zigzagging thru the register lanes, power walking. I strolled back there, no way Im running for a 75 cent toy.

I get back there, and look around. All I was looking for was a scorching scooter motorcycle. One guy comes up to me, and asks what Im looking for, so I tell him. He yells at a lady" Hey Cathy. why dont you let this guy have a scooter for him and his kid"

this lady, no joke, had like 5-6 of the scooters in her hand.

Her answer?

"If he wants them, he can find them himself. Just like I did"

that was my last Hotwheel experience.

I just dont get the greediness of collecting.

Make fun of the spawn board all you want, but there was about a dozen guys there that would help you look for anything you need.

Yeah, car guys are the worst. I worked at TRU for a few months and without fail they'd power walk their way right to the Hot Wheels and Disney's Cars. I just don't get it. I mean HW are a buck! Who gets up everyday to open a store for $1 cars? Why aren't these people buying cases online? And surely they can't be scalping them for much right? I mean a $1 car can only fetch so much on ebay right? They are the scum of the earth as far as I'm concerned.

I think every board has a few members that are always willing to help others out. I know of a few here for sure. Thats always been my favorite part of a fan site/message board - people helping each other out. I wish we'd see more of that and less 'every man for himself' and scalper mentality here. But it is what it is :dunno

Man, if I could trade off some of the old Harry Potter Legos for the old Batman sets, I'd be happy. I didn't realize some of those older Harry sets were going for so much. I've got everything from the first three films! :rock

Last edited:

I'm sort of like cjf28 in that its everyman for himself up here in ND. Luckily, there's not much of a collector community so everything is pretty easy to find. But because there's no community, there's also no hookups. Also we're small, so the nearest TRU is a 3 hour drive.
Chase and variant figs aren't too hard to find online though so if you buy early you'll be okay. Those original Batman sets though... if you can find a good deal on them pick em up. I ended up paying double for most of Wave 1 because they flew under the radar, wave two I bought at MSRP, and the super heroes line I only need to get the Funhouse, Catwoman set, and the Batcave.

your not really missing out though. all the older sets are getting rereleased. Just with tweaks.

Batmobile
Batcopter
Arkham Asylum
Batcave

I cant think of any character that was released before, that isnt available with the newer sets

Still haven't seen the Arkham Asylum Set yet. I have a feeling it might be a tie in with the Dark Knight Rises set(s). We shall see...

Do we know if they are making Dark Knight Rises Legos? They need to as Marvels are all new with more diverse figures!

So whats the best place to get these at? I checked the lego site and they don't seem to be offering any deals right now. I remember the catalogs used to have some great deals if you bought the full set. You'd get like the cheapest set for free, and/or free shipping, or some other bonus. Right now its just a lame free poster for $50 or over purchases :lol

actually, the LEGO store is still the best route.

I dont think anyone has prices any lower. and just the opposite, TRU marks up their LEGOs over MSRP. so, when they go on sale, its not really a sale.

Plus, you earn points almost exactly the same as the Sideshow rewards program. I know I have about $45 worth of points right now.

Yeah, I figured it was. I guess the years of ordering from the catalog and getting even better deasl just spoiled me I guess. It it kill them to at least have free shipping on orders over $100? :lol

that seems like an every other week sorta thing. when i go there, it seems to be anything over $75 is free shipping. too bad its not free shipping to a LEGO store

Wouldn't help me, we got no Lego stores in UT, which sucks and is odd since its so popular here :dunno

I just ordered everything besides the Batcave and Funhouse (not getting those bionicle things though) from Amazon right now and got them at or just slightly below Lego MSRP. Got 2 day shipping free too thanks to amazon prime. I love that thing! :lol

I guess I'll wait for the Batcave and funhouse to come back in stock at lego and/or order when they got free shipping offered.

Back