Legend of Zelda Link. A little help please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astro_zombie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I started playing through the old NES Zelda again and it got me thinking that Ive never seen a custom 12'' of Link. So I'd like to put one together myself. I was just wondering if you guys can point me to any kind of site that would help with making a figure from this time period.
zelda_2005_link.jpg

So far all I can think of is the Lord of the Rings figures. If you can give me any sites or people at all that could help with this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

Im also think of making this figure!!!,lol,,lol..try, www.fantasynet.org they got some killer tutorials on boots and clothes and weapons its a dope site my amigo.
enjoy and can't wait to see the progress pics!

DiD made some figures of Hitler Youth... but they use a shorter thinner body (can usually find one loose for $30) that would probably be a great base for Link. I think there are a few action figures out there that you could probably cannabalize for headsculpts and accessories.

That is a nice set. Does the shield have a back on that? Or is that something I would have to make?

It does have a nice back. A place for his arm as well as a grip for his hand. The shield is a tad heavy though so Link would need a nice stiff, strong arm to hold it up:

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

Jason was nice enough to pose for me even though he isn't left handed like Link and holding the shield was difficult since it is made to be held in the right hand and Jason is a right handed swordsman:

IMG_0171.jpg

this will be awesome!! try modding a sideshow legolas outfit. the Sideshow Ki Adi Mundi figure has some great boots that might work. good luck to you.

Would Hasbro clothes fit most 1/6 bodies? I haven't seen size comparisons before.

Can't wait to see progress of Link!

Ive been doing some searching for chainmail like he has on under his tunic and I found a Monty Python figure that comes with it. Now I just need to find a way to get these parts without having to buy full figures for 70+. I'm also thinking of using a Legolas head and outfit to start like The Craw said. Lukes pants would work nicely I think. Im gonna do some Ebay shopping tonight and Ill post what I come up with. Thanks again for the help so far!

Back