Legalizing Marijuana

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think legalizing it would be the first step towards de-romanticizing it, and I can't think of any better way to reduce usage (if that's your big dream). The same would hold true for heroin, cocaine, or methamphetamine.

But, whatever. People will always think that they have a prerogative to dictate behavioral norms, whether it's diet, or environmental impact, or social propriety, or the use of mind-altering substances. State-worship is so entrenched in the minds of the people on this planet that the odds of ever making it back to a 1776 are pretty much zero.

"Two legs good, four legs baaaaad." :lecture

I have to say I have had a slight change of heart towards this subject over the past few months based on personal experience. I thought Prog was wrong about the laziness theory but I have really started to see a difference in ppl that smoke all the time. In the end, it doesn't matter to me whether or not it gets legalized cause ppl are going to get it when they want it no matter what, but I'm not going to vote towards it like I planned before, well I'm not going to vote at all now cause I don't care anymore, Its a lot different when ppl you know become complete flakes all the time cause of weed I guess.

People will ALWAYS abuse anything. It's how they are.

When I smoked, I smoked every weekend. My friend? He smokes every day, almost every few hours, for one year so far. Plus he does other stuff like coke, acid, whatever he can get his little hands on.

____ed him up now. He's a pretty unstable guy.

Yep. Sad truth.

And we mean NON STOP smoking, not smoking since X date. Only the people that do it every single day.

I've smoked everyday for 4 years at least now, I graduated, I have gotten my helicopter pilot's license (I don't smoke before I fly), traveled, and lived rather successfully, being that I'm able to afford this hobby etc.

Again, irresponsible people are always going to be irresponsible. It's not necassarily the pot, so much as sometimes, people are just lazy and non motivated.

I did have a similar friend, who would always say he wanted to stop and do something. He stopped and he did nothing still. He did nothing before he started smoking. He was a drop out before he ever touched the stuff. Some people, are just failures.

If one of these failures smoke, non smokers see it as the perfect poster boy for drugs. Its kinda like saying anyone who wears sunglasses are a homosexual since Elton John wears sunglasses too.

Pretty much. I know of plenty of hard working people that smoke, from doctors and lawyers to musicians and painters. I will not say that it doesn't inspire indigence, but there is no reason why it has to, other than the disposition of the smoker.

All the people I know that have been smoking regularly since school are all nothing but talk... and don't do much else.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Pretty much. I know of plenty of hard working people that smoke, from doctors and lawyers to musicians and painters. I will not say that it doesn't inspire indigence, but there is no reason why it has to, other than the disposition of the smoker.

I think theres a good chance that its a mixture of things as well, not just weed, plain and simple, but I do know that it contributes. Its just different for a lot of ppl. I think that there are a lot of ppl that are successful, but for me, I see ppl with potential, and I feel if they dropped weed AND alcohol, that they could accomplish their goals in life, I feel, if they dont, their going to learn the hard way. So, for me personally, thats why I'm not voting for legalization anymore.

Love the generalizations of pot smokers here..

Odds are I've accomplished more in life than the naysayers that accuse people that smoke pot are all losers.. Sure some are, but I assure you there are a ton of respectful people out there that can handle it. Just because you can't or know someone that can't doesn't mean that everyone falls under that assumption.

IMO people that drink too much are losers, obnoxious. I'll take my life and lifestyle any day ahead of you strung up goobers..

I think whats truely funny are the people who think pot ruins your life, and are then turning around and can't wait to post how ____ faced they are in the "I am Drunk" thread. Talk about hypocritical idiocy.

I can't even begin to tell you how many parties I have been at smoking a joint, thinking "wow, drunk people do some really stupid ____."

I've never had a "smoked too much pot" black out, or screwed some fat ugly girl because I was too high.

So you're saying that you think it's proper to control people's behavior with force if there is a potential for negative consequences?

How did anything I said have to do with forcing anyone to do anything?:confused: You guys are taking what I said way out of context. People that want to smoke are going to smoke, legalizing it, really isnt going to change that, it just changes the ease of getting it. All I said was, that I have seen the negative effects of it, so I wont vote towards it.

Love the generalizations of pot smokers here..

Odds are I've accomplished more in life than the naysayers that accuse people that smoke pot are all losers.. Sure some are, but I assure you there are a ton of respectful people out there that can handle it. Just because you can't or know someone that can't doesn't mean that everyone falls under that assumption.

IMO people that drink too much are losers, obnoxious. I'll take my life and lifestyle any day ahead of you strung up goobers..

I didnt say it affected everyone the same, I said its different for others, you may be "successful", but everyone is different, if some ppl didnt smoke, they would be better off, thats my point, and I didnt say anyone was a loser, I just meant that I have no faith in those people.

How did anything I said have to do with forcing anyone to do anything?:confused: You guys are taking what I said way out of context. People that want to smoke are going to smoke, legalizing it, really isnt going to change that, it just changes the ease of getting it. All I said was, that I have seen the negative effects of it, so I wont vote towards it.

picture.php

Police have the power to ____ anyone's life who is caught growing, selling, or possessing significant amounts. They have the power to impose penalties, by force, on anyone who does not comply with the law. Not voting for legalization implies tacit support, and that is how everything you said amounts to an advocacy of force against people who choose to engage in behavior that you disagree with.

I think if more people smoked there would be less violence and crimes..

Chill brother, relax...

I ____ing hate smoking! HATE it! Makes me want to puke everytime. It just doesn't agree with me.

However, Bodie has made more sense in this thread than probably any other that he has been in. This is no different than drinking all weekend and driving. People who smoke aren't bad people. I know plenty that do and they are very good peeps with very good jobs. You would never know.

So lay off noobs.

:)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/c3SmHe3xS-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/c3SmHe3xS-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back