Legalizing Marijuana

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California voters will decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana use for adults after an initiative was certified for the November ballot.

California would become the first state to legalize recreational marijuana if the proposition wins. It is legal to use marijuana for medicinal purposes in California and about a dozen other states, but the drug is illegal under federal law.

On Wednesday, the secretary of state's office certified that petitions seeking to place the question on the ballot had enough valid voter signatures to qualify.

If approved, the initiative would allow those 21 and older to possess up to one ounce of marijuana and cultivate the plant in gardens.

Local governments would decide whether to permit and tax marijuana sales.

I guess Nevada and Washington are also considering a similar bill. What do you think? I have always seen marijuana as being no worse than alcohol. If this bill passes, you still have to be 21 or older to legally have it and use it, and like alcohol, it is still something you have to use responsibily. I would imagine a lot of the laws with alcohol as far as selling and pocessing it would apply to marijuana as well.

As long as they tax the ____ out of it. Also curious if that means personal gardens, cause they couldn't tax that...unless they tax the seeds to purchase it. Or they make you get a permit for growing it.

It's already just about legal there. :)

"Doctor i got a cramp. "Here's your medical card"

I rarely touch the stuff anymore, but if alcohol is legal this should be as well.

256wq36.gif

...California is also trying to take the toy out of Happy Meals...no joke. :confused:

i'm laying odds that the word "gateway" will be used in this thread at least once...................that is if it's used before the IBTL..........:lol

An interesting take, is it a sin?

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/c3SmHe3xS-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

I have to say. Being able to grow it will seriously kick drug dealers in the NUTS :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

there will still always be drug dealers selling pot.if stores will start selling pot like cigs.it will be the crappiest pot around and people will still go to the guy on the corner to get the better stuff.l would just grow it my self.there is nothing wrong with pot,its better for you then cigs.and millions of people dont die from pot.but it can damper your life if you dont control the habbit and become dependent like my brother or some friends.but its about time they legalize it, then prostition,but thats a different thread.

Dammit, they already stopped putting toys in cereal boxes, no happy meals too??? Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

I'm cool with pot being legalized. Its really no worse than alcohol. Never touch the stuff personally, but I don't think there is anything wrong with those who do. So long as they drive while high since that endangers others.

Dammit, they already stopped putting toys in cereal boxes, no happy meals too??? Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

I'm cool with pot being legalized. Its really no worse than alcohol. Never touch the stuff personally, but I don't think there is anything wrong with those who do. So long as they drive while high since that endangers others.

well driving high is just as bad as drinking and driving.ill admit l toke mabey 2 times a month with friends,never buy the stuff tho,but l was at my friend place in the country about an hour from my town.and l got high with him before l left.big mistake l had bad cordination and and blurry vision and it was snowing lots also, a white out on the road,and almost went into the ditch with my moms SUV a couple times.were if l was sober,there would of been know problems.so that would be the biggest problem

Last edited:
i dont see any problem with pot being legalized. it is less harmful than alcohol, and causes less deaths. i'm sick of hearing how dangerous weed is. thank god at least one state has some rationality..wait...what's this thread about again?

ya l can see them doing that

Then it wont be a happy meal. :(

well driving high is just as bad as drinking and driving.ill admit l toke mabey 2 times a month with friend,never buy the stuff tho,but l was at my friend place in the country about an hour from my town.and l got high with him before l left.big mistake l had bad cordination and and blurry vision and it was snowing lots also, a white out on the road,and almost went into the ditch with my moms SUV a couple times.were if l was sober,there would of been know problems.so that would be the biggest problem

And you need 2 spaces between the end and the beginning of a sentence. I'm sure you know this. Or maybe your toke for the month is today. lol

I don't want to get killed by a high driver any more than I want to be killed by a drunk driver. People can't be trusted to have common sense.

Back