Legacy AVATAR Neytiri Maquette- Pre-order June 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the price, it better not have some of the issues with paint that have already been mentioned by a later poster.

The price is insane, and really extravagant. I know SS nut-huggers will try to justify the price, and even then, even if the product is pristine, they'll justify more issues...

Facts are, for that price, you better get quality and immense value, and neither IMO is a guarantee or can be provided.

Yeah some brown nosers will try to put SS on the good side whatever they do.

It is just wrong and stupid that they put unlimited edition size and super high price on this statue. I thought there would be a light up too.

Passing on this monstrosity of a price let SSC learn the lesson :slap

I'd like to know why you guys think the ES is unlimited or open?
The price isn't so insane if you're a high-end collector. You kinda get use to pieces being this much $.
I also, think it will be semi-hollow. Probably the torso and base will be hollow. I can't imagine them making those skinny legs hollow. That's just asking for trouble.

Some of the larger pieces have had open-ended ES; the 1:1 Vader bust is a recent example.

But honestly, the piece just doesn't look that good to me. Seems about as off as the previous statue, but is 5 times the price.

Some of the larger pieces have had open-ended ES; the 1:1 Vader bust is a recent example.

But honestly, the piece just doesn't look that good to me. Seems about as off as the previous statue, but is 5 times the price.

It does; I can't wait for some video reviewers or some Avatar fan boy to come on here and begin their poetic love to this piece and justifying SS's work and how, "These people on the board, they complain about everything. This is an epic piece by..., and no one should complain," rant. We havent seen any final production pics, but if the proto is any indication, we are in for a debacle.

I will admit seeing the show images the statue is nicer than Sideshow's pics. But again, just not seeing it for the price; glad I'm not a PF collector.

Ok but, look at the pieces that DO have an Open ES. They just say "Limited Edition". This one is TBD. Which means Sideshow will leave it up for order until orders stop or they reach their production goal.

Man, there are a lot of narrow minded people on this board. If someone is passionate about a movie and the statue they bought, they are fanboys,brownnosers and ball huggers?lol Grow up...

I don't think the Vader bust was initially sold as a LE... but I could be wrong on that. Most pieces do have a set ES, and I'd guess this one will... but its still possible it won't.

My guess is they will just use the pre-orders to determine the ES as that 10% is a large enough deposit that people will think twice about buying.

I'd like to know why you guys think the ES is unlimited or open?
The price isn't so insane if you're a high-end collector. You kinda get use to pieces being this much $.
I also, think it will be semi-hollow. Probably the torso and base will be hollow. I can't imagine them making those skinny legs hollow. That's just asking for trouble.

i will have to agree there, the legs are too skinny for them to be hollow, but then again IM was hollow, i hope they do what cm did, for example, superman is hollow in the chest but made of fiberglass so thats cool, arnold in the other hand, is also hollow in the chest and legs but filled with hard foam. which helps so at least i hope they do have them filled up with foam if not solid . or as you say, it will be asking for trouble

If you ask sideshow, which I have, they will tell you that all of their pieces are limited. Either by time or physically numbered.

When I had asked them about this, statue, they said it would be numbered. They just didn't know what the total would be yet.

I would be very surprised if any of this statue was hollow. Her whole body shouldn't be anywhere near as thick as the IM 1:2, due to the scale and height differences.

I ordered the 1/1 SS Vader Bust and the exclusive ES was set the day of preorder. the non exclusive was open for a while.

SS Neytiri EX is in stock, ES 600, regular is 1750.

This is why I refuse to even consider the Legacy until a ES is known.

To those at the Con who saw this in person...what are your impressions of the Neytiri maquette? Worth the $$?

The light up base !!!! was this only for the prototype or is it a feature all of them have ?
I can´t find any information about the light at sideshow´s site

Right now they are not planning on adding the light up feature. It was only on the prototype.

Personally I think the statue looks awesome, and I love it.

Hey Guys!

Omg, omg, omg... I did it! Today I clicked on the "send order" button. I still can't believe I've really done this! I really loved the film and especially I always liked Neytiri. I thought that it would be a dream to have this Maquette in the living room for quite a time already.
My wife stood next to me when I stared sighing at the maquette pictures again, kissed me and said: "why didn't you order it yet?". And that although she knew how much the costs would be! And so I did it.
I believe to be a very lucky man to be married with this awesome woman! I love you baby!

congrats on the awesome wife and the statue! Its gonna look awesome, a grail piece for sure.

I want to order this sooooo bad but i have so many preorders!!!!! im thinking about cancelling my thor and destroyer statues for this what do you guys think? or maybe ill just get them all if im lucky lol

Back