Ledger as Joker autograph - real or fake - ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoL, great collection but I gota agree about Heath's sig, its insane.

I've only got 3 autos, all in person, Jennifer Connelly, Karen Allen, and Megan Fox, and luckily the sigs are all very ledgiable.

Still tho, as pointed out, buying one is the only way to get Heath's sig now, so congrats to anyone who actually got to meet him.

Thats easy to say now but lets see what you say after your 500,000th autograph and 4 millionth person asking for one.

If that many people want my autograph then I would be thrilled and would certainly take the time to make it readable. Anyone can scribble.

Anyone know why John Hancock's signature is so famous? Because you can read it!

Last edited:
I don't think your realizing how much these people sign and how often they are asked. You must also take into account many things...What time it was, where they were, how they were feeling, etc...

Obviously an actors graph isn't going to be perfect each time, they could not be feeling well, be having a bad day, be in a rush to get to the next gig, also you must take into where such as if they are in a large crowd and people are bumping into each other.

Obviously an actor would rather sign 5 quick graphs for fans that have been waiting for them for hours, than sign just one really nice one for one fan.

I think your being overly critical of these people and what they do. I'm sure anyones graph would get sloppy as well if they were signing all the time...I'm thankful just for the fact they sign at all, because some don't very often.

True, it really does depend on the circumstances. But in crowd conditions, those signed autographs are very unlikely to ever be sold. But if they are sitting at a booth and signing autographs at a convetion, they should be readable.

Stan Lee's autograph is readable and I'm sure he has signed thousands, if not millions of things in his life. And at his age too (he is 86)! If he can do it, nobody has an excuse not to make theirs readable. And for the record, one of the ones my Dad got 3 years ago at SDCC was under crowd conditions.

Not his or mine, but just to show his autograph off:

2481043297_1f12ed170a.jpg

His looks just like that though.

Very nice.

Yes, see most actors from Batman don't run the convention circuits or have sit down and signs. And some like Keaton and Liam hardly sign at all, once in a blue moon. So all of mine were caught on the fly, my source mostly runs the talk show circuit and would wait for the that said actor to swing by.

If that many people want my autograph then I would be thrilled and would certainly take the time to make it readable. Anyone can scribble.

Anyone know why John Handcock's signature is so famous? Because you can read it!

LoL. You called him Handcock...

You certainly have quite a collection though! I'm just saying I wish these actors would take an extra 2 seconds and make their signatures readable. I mean I can't even identify a letter in Tommy Lee Jones' autograph! It is signatures like that that only mean something if you were there in person getting it.

And a story to go along with the Stan Lee autograph. My Dad is kinda a celebrity stalker when it comes to conventions. He practically was Stan Lee, Forest Ackerman, and Gene Simmon's tail when they were around. Anyway, my dad had this big, oversized Spider-man comic from his childhood he wanted signed. So after one of the panels Stan was out ended, my Dad broke the rule, and went over and asked for his autograph. Stan was more than happy too and was actually genuinely interested in the comic. Apparently it wasn't one that he signed very much of, if any. I still honestly have no idea if the book has any more value than that my Dad has for it because it was a childhood treasure.

Later that con, we were in line for the "official" Stan Lee autographs and my brother had some of the Secret Origins of the Superheroes Stan wrote a while ago. Again, Stan was impressed over these and was even showing them off to the people next to him at the booth. Certainly not your average signing I'd say. 2 for 2 of getting his full attention! :lol And again, in his early 80's! He is absolutely an amazing man. So full of life and still sharp as a tack. I go to every panel of his I can because he is so amazing to listen to. And he'll make you laugh without a doubt!

You certainly have quite a collection though! I'm just saying I wish these actors would take an extra 2 seconds and make their signatures readable. I mean I can't even identify a letter in Tommy Lee Jones' autograph! It is signatures like that that only mean something if you were there in person getting it.

And a story to go along with the Stan Lee autograph. My Dad is kinda a celebrity stalker when it comes to conventions. He practically was Stan Lee, Forest Ackerman, and Gene Simmon's tail when they were around. Anyway, my dad had this big, oversized Spider-man comic from his childhood he wanted signed. So after one of the panels Stan was out ended, my Dad broke the rule, and went over and asked for his autograph. Stan was more than happy too and was actually genuinely interested in the comic. Apparently it wasn't one that he signed very much of, if any. I still honestly have no idea if the book has any more value than that my Dad has for it because it was a childhood treasure.

Later that con, we were in line for the "official" Stan Lee autographs and my brother had some of the Secret Origins of the Superheroes Stan wrote a while ago. Again, Stan was impressed over these and was even showing them off to the people next to him at the booth. Certainly not your average signing I'd say. 2 for 2 of getting his full attention! :lol And again, in his early 80's! He is absolutely an amazing man. So full of life and still sharp as a tack. I go to every panel of his I can because he is so amazing to listen to. And he'll make you laugh without a doubt!

I'd really like to meet Stan and get his autograph. He seems like an awesome guy. :rock

I'd really like to meet Stan and get his autograph. He seems like an awesome guy. :rock

He is. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the man. Not only is his signature readable, but he takes the time and talks with each and every person getting his autograph. He is in no hurry despite his entourage trying to hurry him up :lol

But I really wish every celebrity was like Stan. I guess that is why they call him "The Man." :rock

He is. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the man. Not only is his signature readable, but he takes the time and talks with each and every person getting his autograph. He is in no hurry despite his entourage trying to hurry him up :lol

But I really wish every celebrity was like Stan. I guess that is why they call him "The Man." :rock

I wish they were all that way.

I hope one day to make it out to the West Coast and get the opportunity to meet him. It's amazing when you think about all of the lives he's affected with his creations like Spider-Man and Hulk. His legacy is and will always be timeless. He certainly is "The Man." :rock

And I'd recomend doing it soon. I mean the guy is 86. He appears to be in great health, but still, 10 more years of this stuff would probably be pushing it. Every year could be his last comic-con. He is certainly someone you wouldn't want to miss if you could help it. His death will certainly be a huge loss for many, many people. He is really the last of the great comic guys from the begining still around. End of an era as it were. :(

And looking back at this thread now, the 2 Stan stories I shared are the real reason behind wanting an autograph. Its just proof that you met someone and maybe even have a story to go with them. Much like collectibles represent a certain character or movie we love. That is why we buy them - to remind us of the awesome things they represent.

And I'd recomend doing it soon. I mean the guy is 86. He appears to be in great health, but still, 10 more years of this stuff would probably be pushing it. Every year could be his last comic-con. He is certainly someone you wouldn't want to miss if you could help it. His death will certainly be a huge loss for many, many people. He is really the last of the great comic guys from the begining still around. End of an era as it were. :(

And looking back at this thread now, the 2 Stan stories I shared are the real reason behind wanting an autograph. Its just proof that you met someone and maybe even have a story to go with them. Much like collectibles represent a certain character or movie we love. That is why we buy them - to remind us of the awesome things they represent.

I'm over in the Southeast, so it's not an easy haul for me, but one day soon, I hope to make that trip to see him.

Anyway, I need to pick up a frame for it, and lighting is poor. Here's the actual thing so far until I get the frame this weekend:

myheath.jpg

With the frame and all it'll be around $565 for everything, man I'm a dedicated fan, lol. :)

I'm pretty sure there has got to be one real joker poster signed by Heath himself, even if no one will believe it to be possible, the owner of the poster will of course have no intention of selling it or putting it on auction.

I don't get it. Buying an auto instead of having it signed in person is beyond me. Don't see the attraction of pen and paper and there would always be this, justified, nagging voice in my head telling me it could be fake.

Congrats though.

I don't get it. Buying an auto instead of having it signed in person is beyond me. Don't see the attraction of pen and paper and there would always be this, justified, nagging voice in my head telling me it could be fake.

Congrats though.

Yeah, that's what's people are commonly doing, but there is an actual signed poster or image of the dark knight by heath and not one of those slips of signed paper attached to a photo.

Im sorry but with the exception of Stan Lee's Autograph the others are horrble . i think they are worthless if you can't make em out at all .these celebs are just lazy and full of themselves . is it so difficult to make your autograph ledgible . and what does CEO mean in the 1st post ?

Back