Ledger as Joker autograph - real or fake - ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17 or so promo pics from TDK leaked in the early fall of '07. I've seen pictures of individuals getting Heath to sign print outs of these at several events he went to. I know it's a possibility with any of the leaked Joker photos, along with the official "Knife" Pic, and Panda face one. Also, the couple of movie posters released by December.

To be faire, personally, there is no way I would EVER be happy with a signed autograph unless I had it signed in person....which really is what it is all about, no? To have a memory of meeting someone famous by having them put their sign, (or message if lucky), on a pic just for you.

I see no point in shelling out mega bucks for pen on paper.

Know this does not help, but just my two cents.

I agree 100%. It's nice to have a memory with the signing.

Indeed a 100%. But then again, I do love my signed 300 soundtrack. Zack's sig is smudged. Ha.

The Original Leak:
heath-ledger-the-joker-2.jpg

The above picture I saw one blustery evening whilst sitting at school browsing for Muhammad Ali auto's was found on ebay sellers AACS Autographs, (A Universal Autograph Collectors Club Registered Dealer)
It was signed a messy scribble H E A T H in blue marker pen (10X8 i think) It must have been End of December, early January...

I didn't think much of it as it was Heath in a new role that no one had really heard about. A joker that looked nothing like the joker we all use to know(nicholson)
and with the auction at $29.99US i figured nah ill come back to get it at a later date, wont be going anywhere fast... Keep my money in my pocket...

And so I kept on going, didnt even know the release date or if the movie ever was even going to be a hit. I went home and told my mum how our local boy was going to play such an iconic character, she just said 'yeah, great'.

It stayed in my mind for a while coming back every now and again, although with the lack of info on such a new movie made me not want to rush into getting it.

Come January 22, I was working on a tree farm with my sis nearby when i heard the news all over the radio and television that Heath had just passed under mysterious circumstances. I could not believe it. Not at all. I had just been smacked in the face through hesitation and doubt.

That day I rushed home to the net to go back to the store in hope of no one finding it, but it had been removed by the sellers. A few days later reappearing for $999.00US starting bid.

You can imagine how I felt, don't need to say anymore.

It sucked, an absolute legend of mine had passed away and the auto I was to buy jumped from 30 bucks to 1000...

is this a fake then?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280318072145&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

I know someone who bought a similar item from this seller & it said is was got during filming of Dr Parnassus...

certificate says from 'Collect-a-mania' & is signed, but that dooesn;t mean anything obviously...

thoughts? doesnt even look like his autograph?

Also, not the photo they had was off him just before he says' Cmon...hit me...' standing in road, on the right in the link below - same sutograph style:

https://s11.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=HeathLedgerJackNicholsonJoker.jpg

anyone help be appreicated as I think they should get their money back, if no real proof!

To be faire, personally, there is no way I would EVER be happy with a signed autograph unless I had it signed in person....which really is what it is all about, no? To have a memory of meeting someone famous by having them put their sign, (or message if lucky), on a pic just for you.

I see no point in shelling out mega bucks for pen on paper.

Know this does not help, but just my two cents.

I agree with you 100 percent.
If any of you really want an autograph of Heath, maybe just try and get one that's not a Joker picture.

Just because a photo wasn't released doesn't mean it wasn't made and signed. I am sure there are a lot of signed Joker photos (I'm sure he signed a lot of things for the studio after he was done filming) but the hard part is going to be fininding someone willing to sell one.

I really can't see the appeal in buying autographs...what for??? If you haven't been there, sharing that exciting moment with the person you admire, then it's just a signature with no meaning...Just my opinion

I really can't see the appeal in buying autographs...what for??? If you haven't been there, sharing that exciting moment with the person you admire, then it's just a signature with no meaning...Just my opinion

Well, in most cases I would agree with you but since there is no chance of doing that with Heath now if you want one you have to do it this way.

I agree with you about autographs having more meaning when received in person. I can't even begin to describe the feeling when you meet and greet a favorite celebrity who you've watched time and time again, on the small or big "screen."

I've met quite a few celebrities and looking back, every time I look at their autographed photo, all of those memories come rushing back. It's an awesome feeling.

My friend just bought one, let's just say it I was bidding on the same one of autograph world and stopped at about $500. Be willing to shell about at least $1500-$3000 for one on a photo. I have one it cost me almost $500 and it's on an index card.

Basically you need to have connections and good contacts in the field and hobby to ensure a autograph you get or buy is legit. eBay is mostly fakes, there are a few legit sellers who I buy from, and only from them.

Of course writing styles change throughout the years for celebrities just like us. When younger and first starting their career they usually have a cleaner more full signature. But as time goes by and they become more popular and more in demand, there signature evolves. His went through many phases, to the final sort of "sloppy" simple Heath written across the Jokers face.

Most with COAs or worthless as are COAs themselves, anyone and their mom can print up a COA and they mean nothing. I advise to stay away from anything with a COA. I'll post my Ledger later one when I get time to photograph it.

While that was the only picture released at the time, the studio and the production had access to many more images. During production and post, the production office will send autographed pictures to suppliers and people who helped during the filming. I recommend you contact the film related businesses in Chicago and offer a large sum of money. Prop houses, lighting and grip suppliers, wardrobe and set dec houses... Not to mention, some people on the crew might also have autographed images --though admittedly, most people in the business become friends with the actors and would rather have a beer or a laugh with them than their autograph...

Here's my Batman autograph collection thus far, hopefully it will help aid you in finding legit autographs...

Heath index card:

heathledgertdk.jpg

My display:
heathtdkdisplay.jpg

Oldman as Gordon:
garyoldmantdk.jpg

Bale:
christianbalebb.jpg

Batman Forever:

Kilmer:
valkilmerbf.jpg

Jones:
tommyleejonesbf.jpg

Carrey:
jimcarreybf.jpg

O'donnell:
chrisodonnellbf.jpg

Kidman (sorry for the glare):
nicolekidmanbf.jpg

And of course I still need to add Eckhart as Dent, Keaton, Nicholson, Pfieffer, Devito, and Basinger. :)

I can't read a single one of those. Let alone identify the first letter of their name. Heath's looks like "A W" If I were ever a celebrity I would make my autograph readable. Who cares if it takes 10x as long. People would appreciate an autograph much more if they could read it. Nobody would have guessed that white card was Heath's just by trying to read it.

I can't read a single one of those. Let alone identify the first letter of their name. Heath's looks like "A W" If I were ever a celebrity I would make my autograph readable. Who cares if it takes 10x as long. People would appreciate an autograph much more if they could read it. Nobody would have guessed that white card was Heath's just by trying to read it.

I was thinking the same thing. :lol

Thats easy to say now but lets see what you say after your 500,000th autograph and 4 millionth person asking for one.

Thats easy to say now but lets see what you say after your 500,000th autograph and 4 millionth person asking for one.

Exactly, it's not the fact you can't read them. It's the fact thy actually took the time to sign it for you. Regardless if you can read them or not, they are all awesome. If your into autograph collecting you would know it was a Heath tho. It's the uniformed that drop loads of money on bogus graphs.

That right there is most likely about $2,000 worth the graphs.

Back