Leaked Deadpool footage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because every company wants big bucks for making a super hero film, no matter how small; they got greedy, it's more about money than quality these days.

There's no denying that kids bring in the money. Without them these movies wouldn't make anywhere near what they would but why does that matter? Why does every single super hero movie have to big some huge blockbuster. Why can't we have lower budget super hero flicks and then have the giant ones like x-men and God willing fantastic four help pick up the slack. Deadpool is definitely popular nowadays but that doesn't mean that he needs to have some 100 million dollar budget film. There's a number of non fancy powered villains DP could battle with. I mean look at kick-ass. Rated R comedy action flick that didn't do amazing but didn't do terrible. Deadpool is a heapton more popular among General movie going audiences than kick-ass was.

The problem is Deadpool is associated with marvel which means it almost has an obligation to be big budget and pg13. If we ever get deadpool in a movie whether it be standalone or in X-Force, it'll be watered down so that little Bobby's everywhere can see it so that Fox can make lots and lots of money. Despite what's been said, I just can't see it that the movie is waiting around for budgets. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's because the scripts HAVE been written with R ratings and the Fox wants it PG.

Saw this footage earlier and LOVED it. It's awesome to see that Deadpool can be adapted to the big screen correctly--I just don't have a lot of faith in the studio to actually follow through with it.

I hate that every movie now has to be a bluckbuster.

Honestly, how much would it cost to make a DP movie? $100 Mill? And that would be really pushing the budget, so a $200 or $300 Mill Box Office should be great for the Deadpool character and very easily obtainable after watching that footage.

But no, every single property these days has to be a a big blockbuster....
Well, for Fox it has to be. So, they make a DP movie for 100 mil, they still have to have royalty rights paid before the movie can be shown, so it's instantly a 160 mil + movie pre advertisement. If it does 200 mil, which people seem hard to believe this, but theatre's actually make money, they're not magical money machines for film studios with volunteer employees, so yeah, if you're taking time to produce something like this, you can't really afford to make a lot of base hits.

Well, for Fox it has to be. So, they make a DP movie for 100 mil, they still have to have royalty rights paid before the movie can be shown, so it's instantly a 160 mil + movie pre advertisement. If it does 200 mil, which people seem hard to believe this, but theatre's actually make money, they're not magical money machines for film studios with volunteer employees, so yeah, if you're taking time to produce something like this, you can't really afford to make a lot of base hits.

Which is why Fox is better off introducing him in a X-Men or X-Force movie first to boost his notoriety, at least with the casual moviegoers and make him a stand out character, then give him his own movie.

the movie will have a terrible time being made R because:

It won't make the kind of Avengers or Dark Knight money they want

kids will wonder why they can see the pretty superhero movie where the guy is funny and silly.

You can't really blame Fox actually. Parents will ignore the R Rating (just like they always do) the R rating won't mean a thing if parents think it is going to be like Spiderman
then take their little ones to the movie and then complain about how horrible the movie was.
there could be protests and everything about how their little kids are traumatized by a guy in red expandex cutting people's heads and how childish the superhero was which will just confuse everyone

This movie is doomed.

We say that (I actually agree with you :lol) But Let's not forget Iron Man was a C - Lister once, now I'm not saying Ryan Reynolds has half the charisma of RDJ, but he may be able to make it work.

We say that (I actually agree with you :lol) But Let's not forget Iron Man was a C - Lister once, now I'm not saying Ryan Reynolds has half the charisma of RDJ, but he may be able to make it work.

Yup, these days anything can be a hit, and I think Deadpool is more popular then ever these days, it’s certainly smarter than making a Gambit movie.

That's a great comparison, and it fits, DP should be aiming at the Box Office of the 1st IM movie or less, and he should be just fine.

Wait, they are making Gambit stand alone movie???

with this guy right?

dI7N7ym.jpg

I have confidence in him, I think he’ll do a fine job, but Gambit should never have his own movie, he can’t even have a solo comic in my opinion and he’s my favorite X-Man.

Back