LATE NIGHT W/....Jimmy Fallon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giant Chicken

Super Freak
Reaction score
Insiders say that NBC will soon announce Jimmy Fallon as the successor to Conan O'Brien.

Insiders say NBC will officially announce SNL Jimmy Fallon as host of Late Night beginning in 2009.

There isn't exactly high turnover with hosts of late-night talk shows, so when a newbie gets their shot at sitting behind the desk on them, it's big news.

Jay Leno is leaving his post at The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in 2009, which opens up a chair in the late-night circuit. Conan O'Brien will take over for Leno, freeing up the seat at O'Brien's Late Night, the talk show that follows The Tonight Show.

According to Variety, O'Brien's replacement is expected to be announced with the next few weeks by NBC and it will fit right in line with rumors that have persisted for over a year. Saturday Night Live alum Jimmy Fallon will be confirmed as the next host of Late Night, according to NBC "insiders."

NBC may officially confirm the move at its May 12 upfronts or even sooner. Reports previously said that Fallon would begin his new job in early 2009.

After leaving Saturday Night Live in 2006, Fallon has been relatively quiet, starring only in a few movies.

tv.com

Ugh... Have never been a fan of the man who can't keep a straight face. Hopefully he will be better as an interviewer than an actor.

Never liked him much on SNL, but his standup and radio appearances are pretty funny. I'd give him a chance.

I'm one of those rare people who can't stand Conan, but any late night talk show for me is now on Comedy central, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm glad Conan will get the early spot, that guy is hillarious. On the other hand, Letterman is getting worse and worse each time I try to tune in.

You can only drop so many watermelons off a roof befor it gets old, which it did, 10 or 15 years ago.

*takes Dave's credibility and drop kicks it out the window*

:D

Didn't that happen when he admitted he was a Tonner fan?

I'm not a big Fallon fan either. I'll probably watch Furguson's show more once Conan goes to the Tonight Show. He's actually funny.

I'm definitely not a Fallon fan, the best part of watching him on SNL was watching him constantly lose it and screw up a sketch. Other than that hes the poor man's Adam Sandler. Guarantee his version of the Conan show doesn't last very long, I think Conan's Tonight Show will tank as well.

Thing about Fallon is, I can't see him as a broadcaster and that is what these TV hosts need to be. He mumbles and giggles all the time. I can't see this as a good move for either NBC or Fallon. In fact it reminds me of Chevy Chase's run as a late night talk show host. But maybe he'll surprise me.

I'm assuming his late night show will be a really long version of Weekend Update without Tina Fey to bring him to level. Not really much faith...

:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

the ONLY thing I have ever laughed at that Jimmy Fallon did was when he did the impression of Jerry Seinfeld talking to Jerry Seinfeld, other than that it's :monkey1

Not a fan but it's gotta be better than watching carson daly, even though he's not taking that spot. (how that show is still on the air is anyones guess)

heh, not one reply since he's been on, I don't blame ya. It's obvious that Tina Fey got him this gig.

I watched his first two nights. It was okay. I'm sure it'll take some time for the show to find it's legs. Conan wasn't a big success right out of the box.

On the other hand, I think Craig Ferguson's show is great. He's consistently funny.

he wasn't funny on SLN and his movies blew, I know, lets give him his own late night show!!!!!

The guy is a wannabe Adam Sandler and a unfunny version at that.

I watched about 15 minutes of it last night, and it was pretty embarrassing to watch. I think Fallon is pretty talentless, and I can't see this show lasting too long. Of course, I could never understand why movie companies green lit his movies, either. They need a serious comedian or comedic writer to step up and take over. I think someone like Patton Oswalt could make a great host, if he wanted to do that sort of thing.

The problem with Jimmy Fallon is that he's so visibly uncomfortable on camera. That actually lead to some funny moments when he was part of an ensemble and only onscreen for a few minutes. Now that he's on camera every moment for a solid hour it's like watching someone slowly drowning.

I've heard Fallon on radio and his songs and musical impressions are great. But he did look completely out of place on the first show. Timberlake was pretty entertaining though.

He's not as bad as Chevy Chase was when he tried it. Both O'Brien and Kimmel were really awkward at first.

I only watched the first episode with De Niro

His skits are not funny at all. "Lick it for Ten", the "Space Train" gig with De Niro, both didn't even get a smile out of me.

Back