Last Toys - Shaolin Soccer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m iffy on these “newcomer” companies that want to charge Hot Toys level of pricing. I’ll wait for the production version to come out and decide then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If those newcomers have great quality, I don't mind Hot Toys pricing. At the end, it's only that which matter. Darkcrown as example, I am blown away with their quality. CooModel also offers such nice products. Based on photo, it's really high quality. Seems those 1/6 factory already have industry standard, I've never seen actual product that looks like completely awful. Inferior yes but not far. But we'll see, I have faith in them.

Promo's look brilliant, but I'm thinking we'll get something closer to the rooted hair sculpt. Looks nice, but not as detailed as the promo sculpts.

I think another copycat company will do a illegal copy of this excellent but overpriced unlicensed product 1 month after the release.
Seriously..don't ask hot toys price when you don't pay license fees

Not sure if this is officially licensed. But with such a high price, I am assumed it's officially licensed.

Not sure if this is officially licensed. But with such a high price, I am assumed it's officially licensed.

they definitely havent got the official license, otherwise they will
use the movie name for promotion. its unlicensed and not justify
the high price.

That price is nothing to me, if I get a figure exactly like the promo figure though.

I saw this pic at Hobby Galaxy.

DC4E34D1-DFFB-44CC-8E25-20AD94243797.jpeg

No. That’s the rooted sculpt on the left, & promo sculpt on the right.

Loved this movie. Shame that Miramax butchered it trying to bring it to the states.

Damn that looks so good ! Thanks for the post Lawrence. If only the final could look that good.

Already placed my order. This is probably gonna take a while to release. Expecting at least 2 delays from estimated release.

Has this been the only Stephen Chow 1:6 figure released?

I'm probably in the minority here but I only thought Shaolin Soccer was so-so; however, I am a huge fan of Stephen Chow's older movies in the 1980's and 1990's - so this might be a good opportunity to add him to my collection.

From what I've seen, the likeness is pretty good. I'm leaning towards the sculpted hair instead of rooted.

I'm probably in the minority here but I only thought Shaolin Soccer was so-so; however, I am a huge fan of Stephen Chow's older movies in the 1980's and 1990's - so this might be a good opportunity to add him to my collection.

From what I've seen, the likeness is pretty good. I'm leaning towards the sculpted hair instead of rooted.

I've big fan Stephen Chow, Shaolin Soccer is his best movie IMO. I've watched all his classics, All hail judge, God of Cookery, Royal Tramp, Fight Back to School, Flirting Scholar but Shaolin soccer still my fav.

I thought since King of Comedy, his movies were starting to go downhill. Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle were massive successes but it was also focused for more of a international audience so the usual cantonese local humor isn't as good as his 90s stuff.

This figure looks really good though. Wonder what the final production will look like.

It’s awfully quiet around here, with the new Chinese year and all seems like this will be Q2 released, hopefully.

Back