Stan Lee Autograph

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dw316

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was thinking about getting something signed by Stan the Man this year since it's his last run of cons. It'll be my one and only chance of meeting him most likely so I want to get the best out of the experience. Don't have many Stan Lee-related items, most expensive thing is the eFX Captain America shield, then the Sideshow Spider-Man PF, then its the unboxed ASM2 Hot Toy, the Sideshow Avengers print (unframed) and then a cheap pair of rubber Hulk hands. Was hoping the X-Men gold & blue team print would arrive in time but that's not happening.

The Cap shield is the most expensive item, BUT was planning to get the Marvel Legends metal shield (which won't arrive in time) but might be selling the eFX for the latter but if autographed, I would probably try to put it on display. Plus, some people take issue to the fact that Stan never created Cap, although it was his first writing job in the comic-industry. Plus I don't know how the shield would look if he signed the middle, but if displayed, it would probably look really nice.

The Spider-Man PF, character is arguably his most popular creation next to the X-Men, but it comes in 3 parts. Don't know if it feels cheap to have him sign the girder middle section, while it can be displayed nicely depending on which side he signs, it just feels like a separate piece versus the Spider-Man statue itself, which doesn't really have a smooth surface to sign on due to the musculature, or the base, where the autograph would be hidden although the Spider-Man logo is right there. Signing the explosion part might be difficult too due to the curvature.

The print would probably be my 3rd choice since it's artwork, and the Avengers are one of his creations. The last two I would probably avoid since the Hulk hands aren't mint, and the ASM2 I'll probably end up unboxing or selling.

If there are other items I could try to get my hands on within a week, letmeknow some suggestions as well. This autographed item I plan on keeping for a while, may decide to sell in the far future when I'm much older and possibly in need of money for myself or loved ones, but otherwise it will be a keepsake item and not something to flip.

Never really had any autographs before so I wanted to turn to you experts in this matter. Thank you for your time reading and thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice! :hi5:

It sounds like you have plenty of options already, but also keep in mind he has a ton of prints and books available for purchase at the booth if you don't want to haul anything to the convention. Out of the choices you listed though, I'd probably have him sign the girder on the Spidey PF since he's most associated with that character and the signature would be visible while the statue was displayed. It would also be somewhat rarer since most people have him sign prints/books.

It sounds like you have plenty of options already, but also keep in mind he has a ton of prints and books available for purchase at the booth if you don't want to haul anything to the convention. Out of the choices you listed though, I'd probably have him sign the girder on the Spidey PF since he's most associated with that character and the signature would be visible while the statue was displayed. It would also be somewhat rarer since most people have him sign prints/books.

Awesome, thanks! I think I'll be going with that one as well. What kind of prints/books does he have available, I'm curious? I've never met him before or really gotten anything signed at any conventions so I'm not familiar with process/experience or how everything works.

If it was me, I would try a get a original Spidey comic that he 'wrote' to have signed. Doesn't have to be high grade, but at least one with a nice displayable front cover. You could then have it slabbed or framed with a pic of you with him for a nice display piece.

Awesome, thanks! I think I'll be going with that one as well. What kind of prints/books does he have available, I'm curious? I've never met him before or really gotten anything signed at any conventions so I'm not familiar with process/experience or how everything works.

The stuff he has available varies from show to show. You never know what will be there until you go to the booth. Sometimes it's just a few prints. Sometimes there will be a couple tables set up with dozens of prints, comics, and t-shirts. All the comics I've seen available at his booth are modern comics. If you want an older comic signed you'll have to bring your own. Also, don't expect to spend any real amount of time with him--sometimes you don't even get a "hello". Hopefully you'll be lucky and get a few sentences out of him before you're shuffled out of the way to keep the line moving.

He didn't have anything at the con that was available for purchase or to sign, so you had to bring your own items. He did have his certification of authenticity table and another line for comic grading/authenticating, etc. A lot of people had comic books for him to sign, but I had him sign the Sideshow Avengers Print recently released and the Spider-Man PF girder. I just got a $2k bonus recently so I decided to go to another con to get a photo op and a shield signed, but I'm at another dilemma. I have both the recently released metal Hasbro shield and the eFX shield (which I actually want to get rid of since I like the Hasbro a lot more). I was gonna put a magnet on the metal Hasbro for a Cap cosplay and have the eFX signed (and possibly sold in the near future), but people are saying the Hasbro looks nicer and that I should get that signed and not do the magnet mod just yet, maybe on a 2nd one if I can find one to purchase. What are your suggestions/thoughts? Should I get another Hasbro shield so he could sign my current one, and then try to sell the eFX unsigned? Or should I get the eFX signed to display for a while or to sell for higher value? Or get both signed?
:huh :dunno
Thanks in advance!

Back