5 years later, finally bought my grail piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is awesome. Great story and great story telling! I could feel the anticipation of the hunt...and your Significant Other was your herald to the piece??? Makes it extra special now. Not to mention thinking you had to settle for one that had a slight malfunction, only to get it home and discover its in fine working order!

E.P.I.C.

Thanks for the kind words guys. And seriously it was just a fluke we even stopped in. I asked my gf to stop just so i could see if they had the pyramid head figma. Random i know hahaha. Just thought it was worth a share. And hey ya never know. The one random stop may be the one.

pretty sure you would remember me from the sideshow alien busts threads. Ahhh well. May have overestimated my worth to you. Silly me. Anyways i extend the olive branch. Not really trying to get wrapped up in drama at my age. Sorry bud ,.. friends ??
:1-1:

Congrats on you acquisition :D

Funniest part about the lights on it was just the fact the metal battery connectors looked a bit corroded. Like dead batteries were left in it. Seriously only took a few minutes to clean em up. I really dont even think the guy at the comic shop tried. Like i said it just came in he said and it was already relegated to the back corner. Dont think he even cared,... unlucky for them,.... amazing for me.

Ouch thats rough. But im almost positive it was worth it. Mind me asking what piece it was ?? I think i myself would travel that for a 1/1 alien bust ,.. curious as to what you made the trip for now though.

Thanks for the PM... We're cool!
Totally over that BC LSB fiasco.

Was worth every single mile of the journey...

23k9269.jpeg

So long story short. I debated 5 years ago about buying a piece and at its price point. Needless to say i missed out by waiting too long. Shortly after i saw the piece at comic con,... at 3x the original msrp :slap. Many nights were spent ebay searching, craigslist searching, etc etc. No luck,... prices ranged from $1000 all the way up to $2000. Until this past sunday. What turned into a random stop at the comic shop by my gf's turned into one of the greatest days of collecting i have ever had. All i remember is my gf saying,.. You need to come see this. There he was in all his glory, with his lovely lady by his side. Oh my god i thought, and its an ex. If its less than $900 its mine no questions asked !! I immediately walked up front to ask the comic guru,.. how much is the ex piece in the back ? Oh that he replied, just came in yesterday i think its $600,.. immediately my legs buckled and i started to sweat. Let me call wade the owner to make sure. :pray: 2 minutes later.. yeah i was a bit off on price.. oh no i thought... its $700 ,.. whew:clap. Is it broke i had to ask,.. nope its all perfect,.. only issue is that the lights dont work. ( common for this piece so its ok ) but if they did work it would cost $1300 he says. After a box opening inspection,.. the card came out $741 and 5 minutes later im at my girlfriends admiring the piece. Then just for giggles,.. hey heather can you get a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol,... 5 minutes later all pieced back up i push the button...:pray: ... lo and behold.. LIGHTS WORK, EHR MAH GERD !!! Now this piece is proudly displayed and i cannot stop looking at it , admiring it, loving it !! Morale of the story,... it never hurts to make the random stop,.. you may find just what you have been looking for. Without further ado... i present to you...
LORD THANOS, AND MISTRESS DEATH !!!
p.s ,. I tried to add more pics but i cant erase my old attachments ��. Once thats figured out i will post more,. Sorry guys.

Cool story happy for ya man!
Hope i can share you the same story as soon as I get gambit ex! Or sideshow she-Hulk/MS marvel ex those are on my list but its not an happy ending yet haha.
Anyway back to you thanos and death rock!

Death looks AMAZING. But this is just IMHO that Thanos.....meh. The proportions are horrendous, I think it's mainly the torso. But if you like it that's all that matters. Congrats bub.:duff

Thanks guys and collectorcol the pred piece was worth the drive !! I really hope everyone comes across their grail this year. Ill send out some good karma hahahaha

Back