LAST CALL!!! - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kit Photos - Page 15 - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

I think its a great idea to offer it to everyone. Keeping the exclusive items exclusive should satisfy the people who bought one already. (Most of them, but people always find a way to complain).

I think offering it for everyone is what this hobby should be about.

That's where my thoughts are. I was extremely proud of how the project turned out, and even more excited about the reception to the collectors packaging, I know 100% for sure that a possible V2 would not have those things, it would be a basic kit minus the glam. I have already sent a feeler PM to V-Raptor to inquire with their painter to see if they might have interest in a small run. If they are, their fees and costs would be their own on top of the kit.

Would love to hear from more DX purchasers to get your thoughts on this.

I personally feel that anyone who objects to it is being selfish, looking only to keep the value of their own personal DX blood box while not caring about the other boardies. None of the other peices of this bash have any exclusivity at all. (Clothes, sculpt, etc). I also don't think anyone bought it because it was limited. I think its just a great accessory and people wanted it to complete their Dexter's.

Edit..... I also think you offered the original kits too damn cheap and people should just be happy about that and be quiet.

I'd love to snag one of these as well. Bells and whistles not needed. :)

I Love a Version 2.0 without tin and an evidence bag, No Problem at all for me,

Put Me on That List For Sure, if This is a Go Go ;)

Blaspemy, offering more of my limited slide box!?!?!?!

:lol:lol:lol

To be honest, I thought you made it clear that you were only doing one run because it was a headache for you, not because you were keeping it exclusive... no problems over here. :)

I definitely still want one, was gutted I had to miss out on the first run and I don't need all the bells and whistles :D

To be honest, I thought you made it clear that you were only doing one run because it was a headache for you, not because you were keeping it exclusive... no problems over here. :)

It was both, I'm a big packaging nut, I design packaging and premiums for video game LE's (limited editions) and I love bells and whistles. I knew I was pleased with the evidence bags and tins, and definitely wanted those to be exclusive items. And yeah you're also right, the labor of assembling the finished kits was a lot on my limited plate, so that was a big reason in wanting to be done with it.

If I consider a v2, and it's all kits with the option of having V-Raptor's miniature painter handle the assembly and painting, and taking that off my plate, it's a definite possibility.

Let's wait to see if they are even interested, once I get a return PM/Email I will decide from there.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

Here are some of the gaming packages and premiums I have designed:

270960le1lg.jpg

fable3confirmedforpclim.jpg

b003o6ed7s01lg.jpg

I was also on the design team for Halo Reach, Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 and more.

Would you be able to do re-productions of 1/6 scale newspapers, flyers etc?

Thinking a Four Walls flyer would be awesome! :D

I missed out on the first one too, I would be so appreciative if you offered a V2 to us. Please count me in.

It was both, I'm a big packaging nut, I design packaging and premiums for video game LE's (limited editions) and I love bells and whistles. I knew I was pleased with the evidence bags and tins, and definitely wanted those to be exclusive items. And yeah you're also right, the labor of assembling the finished kits was a lot on my limited plate, so that was a big reason in wanting to be done with it.

If I consider a v2, and it's all kits with the option of having V-Raptor's miniature painter handle the assembly and painting, and taking that off my plate, it's a definite possibility.

Let's wait to see if they are even interested, once I get a return PM/Email I will decide from there.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hope they agree to help out. I'm down for 2 if so!!:pray::pray:

That's where my thoughts are. I was extremely proud of how the project turned out, and even more excited about the reception to the collectors packaging, I know 100% for sure that a possible V2 would not have those things, it would be a basic kit minus the glam. I have already sent a feeler PM to V-Raptor to inquire with their painter to see if they might have interest in a small run. If they are, their fees and costs would be their own on top of the kit.

Would love to hear from more DX purchasers to get your thoughts on this.

I really liked the effort on the packaging but since it would not be part of any 1/6 display I had no desire for it. It's not really enough to warrant a "DX" label, a label that gets overused, imo.

I agree. Only if a second run was different in design or cost would it matter. Though you billed them as a 1 run only, I assumed the same about it being a headache and don't particularly care about the exclusivity of the slidebox pieces let alone the packaging. Sorry, I'm not a packaging nut. :p :lol

That sounds like a great idea . I missed the 1st one because i was broke , i still am but i can make it happen this time , i really need this .

I can deal with not having a tin and an evidence bag :exactly:

If it still comes the way you made the 1st one , which is badass , then count me in brother :panic:

Same here. I'll down for one!

I'll probably post a tentative interest list tonight, but nothing will be official right off the bat, so no one send any payments or anything.
Even with the bag and tin subtracted, the kit price might be the same if not a little more. I know when I did my vallon staff run, the same staff I had done at the same printer 6 months later went up in price, materials cost increase bla bla.

So check back in the next few days to see if I have any updates. Hoping to hear something from the painter soon.

Thanks

Wanted to get some feedback from you guys who have followed and supported this project.

The version of this that has already ran is what I consider a V1 DX, it had all of the bells and whistles the kit could have. Also it was a limited edition and I promised once the edition was closed no more of that version would go out to keep it a bit more exclusive.

Since I am getting several emails and PMs a month from people who missed out or just found out, I am toying with the idea of a 2.0

From the standpoint of accuracy, it's as accurate as it can be considering I have a real 1:1 replica I modeled it from, so a 2.0 would not be a rework.

If I were to consider a 2.0, are there any suggestions on what to do differently? The most obvious would be a non DX, a very basic kit, no evidence bag or hand painted collectors tin, but all the parts would still be included.

Would love the opinion of those of you who got the DX and those that missed out.

Thoughts?

I personally have no problem with you doing another run as I know people loved what you did with this. I put a video out on YouTube and always get inquires about this, but hated to tell them it was long sold out. I think the DX set you previously did with all the bells and whistles was good enough and just making more sets without the extras should be fine with everyone who just really would love to have a 1/6 scale Slide Box to go with their custom Dexters. Anyways, good luck with the next run and to everyone who's been waiting to get on of these, jump on the list while you can! You will not regret it!!!

I will be interested this time. Last time I missed out on this due to shortage of funds (I quit my job and went back to complete my studies, I graduated so I have some funds this time).

Back