LAST CALL!!! - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

I agree with the changes you're making to the blood, but everything looks fantastic! :clap

Thank you, yeah Im looking at my real replica box as we speak and whatever Mr. Cosentino used for the blood dried at about 40-50% opacity.

I'll tweak tomorrow and post photos, I want to make sure people are jiving with what I'm doing before opening shop.

All the kind comments so far are very much appreciated, thanks to all.

Sounds and looks like your on the right track. Great work so far! Box looks KILLER ;)

Instead of going to bed, I decided to keep cranking on this project.
I added the hinges, set up the final art for the lid insert (it lists the numbers 1-50 vertically) and I actually did a lot of paint touchups.
Would love to see what a really great painted can do with adding the wood-grain effect to the paint!

Still need to paint the front clasp.

I can't tell you how incredibly exciting it is to see this coming together!!!!!

albrightbox01.jpg

albrightbox02.jpg

albrightbox03.jpg

albrightbox04sy.jpg

albrightbox05.jpg

albrightbox06.jpg

albrightbox07.jpg

albrightbox08.jpg

albrightbox09.jpg

albrightbox11.jpg

So. Friggin'. Awesome. :rock

Absolutely amazing!!

Hellllllll Jeah - When are you gunna have a price??? Need this now

Im going to do a run to check out a couple more materials for potential slides. I know what I am currently using makes the most sense, but I'm just OCD like that, I need to make sure.

This will be the last thing I have to know before determining final price. I'm hoping to have that wrapped up in a day or two. Ideally I'd like to open for orders tomorrow if possible, and keep the ordering window open about a week or less, and then place the order.

Since I am not casting these, and each order is an original print, I'm almost positive this is the only run I will do, so please don't think "I'll catch the next run" because once this project is finished, I'm going to be moving to some other items I have in mind.

I'll make sure I PM everyone who has posted interest when I start taking orders, but don't hesitate to check back for updates in the meantime.

Can you add me to the interest list please?

Since I am not casting these, and each order is an original print, I'm almost positive this is the only run I will do, so please don't think "I'll catch the next run" because once this project is finished, I'm going to be moving to some other items I have in mind.

I am curious why this is? Is it cheaper to do it this way? I am just curious because I have never heard of a run being done in this way.

Those pictures look down right AMAZING! I really hope I can snag one of these sets :panic:

Its a combination of a few reasons really

The main one being that this model has some TINY, THIN details, with compound paths. If you look at the closeup shots of the front latch, there is actually a hole cut out of the middle. For one, there is a high chance that when brushing silicon onto the model, this piece breaking with ease. Also each half of the box would require a 2 part mold to capture the details on both sides. I'm also currently out of the silicon and casting resins I use when I work, and financially it doesn't make sense to buy a gallon of product to cast these. Also the silicon I'm comfortable with using has a 6 hour cure time, multiplied by 4 mold halves, not worth it IMO.

Its all those small things that add up into one big reason just to go with raw prints. I'm sure I could farm my model out to someone who casts more often than I do, but than I have added costs there, and it turns into a bigger ordeal than anything IMO.

So long story short, I firmly believe original prints will in fact be cheaper, and you are guaranteed every copy will have all the details. Once you see this in hand, you will be impressed with how crisp the detail is in the bottom tray where the slides tab into.

Hope that makes sense.

Looks absolutely fantastic.

I'm interested, but with the high quality and individual crafting of them, and my (somewhat) shrinking of collection and accessories, it's likely I'll be priced out of actually purchasing. But I suppose I'll still be considered interested pending pricing.

Looks absolutely fantastic.

I'm interested, but with the high quality and individual crafting of them, and my (somewhat) shrinking of collection and accessories, it's likely I'll be priced out of actually purchasing. But I suppose I'll still be considered interested pending pricing.

I'll add you to the list. Yeah at this point no one is committed to buying anything, but having a ballpark number of folks helps me with estimating things.

Hopefully I can get a final number out there tomorrow and start taking orders.

Its a combination of a few reasons really

The main one being that this model has some TINY, THIN details, with compound paths. If you look at the closeup shots of the front latch, there is actually a hole cut out of the middle. For one, there is a high chance that when brushing silicon onto the model, this piece breaking with ease. Also each half of the box would require a 2 part mold to capture the details on both sides. I'm also currently out of the silicon and casting resins I use when I work, and financially it doesn't make sense to buy a gallon of product to cast these. Also the silicon I'm comfortable with using has a 6 hour cure time, multiplied by 4 mold halves, not worth it IMO.

Its all those small things that add up into one big reason just to go with raw prints. I'm sure I could farm my model out to someone who casts more often than I do, but than I have added costs there, and it turns into a bigger ordeal than anything IMO.

So long story short, I firmly believe original prints will in fact be cheaper, and you are guaranteed every copy will have all the details. Once you see this in hand, you will be impressed with how crisp the detail is in the bottom tray where the slides tab into.

Hope that makes sense.

Definitely makes sense, thank you :D :hi5::1-1:

Found the material Im going to use for the slides today!
This stuff is the perfect thickness, each slide fits amazingly into the slots.
Revised how Im doing the blood on the slides and got the clasp painted.

These slides were all hand cut, so you can tell they are a tad wonky, but for the ones Im offering they will all be cut very cleanly and evenly.

Just wanted to give you guys an update for tonight.

Thoughts?

alb003.jpg

alb002.jpg

alb001.jpg

alb006.jpg

alb005.jpg

:panic: nailed it on the head man. Plain awesome!

Woo, that's nice please put me down to the interest list. Cheers

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That box is sick , just like i said before.

whats up with the blood on Dexters arm??

Back