Statue Lady Death Premium Format... wow :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well sent back LD yesterday:(, SS messed up the shipping labels and made one too high(complete) and one too low(parts) so the UPS guy was pissed about the low one. I had to call SS to see what they wanted me to do, but forgot they are not there until Monday. Had to go ahead and mail them and they will have to fix on their end. Figures, so much trouble with this piece then it could not even let me go easy.

Sorry to hear the issues. This was a superb sculpted statue but due to the QC problems and SS not offering parts. I also sent her back. Shame LD was done so well by Tim miller.

the parts I've still lying around are a constant reminder of how great she was and how much SSC *****ed up for us >_< time to throw them away I guess

It's about time. One of the best female sculpt ever. Glad I got 2.

I wanted one but after 2 lady deaths they both came damage. I wanted to keep one cracked one with a partial just to get it out of the way. But ss said no. So I had to return them. :( congrats to those who has her!

This is my very first "BIG" statue. Been collecting random 10inch/22cm (1/7 scale) figures for a few months from amazon and decided to give this statue a shot. This is my very first sideshow statue and I must say I am impressed. I think impressed might not even cut it as the word itself seems puny when used in the presence of this statue. Basically iam speechless and I am having difficulty to express how well made this statue is... especially when she is looking at me while iam typing which is sorta making me nervous as she might smite me for saying something bad but whatever I got a real katana in my room if it gets to real.

With that said, Mine came with the following faults:

- on her left scythe holding hand, on her index finger she is missing more than half of ther nail polish.

Not hard to fix if u have the EXACT color but I dont know it and it is a barely visible fault anyway.

-on her thong there is too much white paint applied, basically a white line of paint on her thong that is visible when u look at her from ground angle, the paint dripped on her thigh a little and basically formed small lumbs, i removed that and it is now a barely visible/non-exsistant fail that can only be seen from "ground angle" now that I have removed the lumbs.

I could fix this with black paint but why bother since it is so minor and it is not like I am going to display it on a 2 meter pillar.

-The colours used to mark the spikes are somewhat visible in a small "circle" around the spikes.

Again, could fix it with some brown paint but it is a minor fault anyway.

-the right side of her head seems to have a little gap between the hair and the head itself.

This one seems tricky to fix I tried to move around the hair a little with varied results, either there is some sort of blockage in the hole that connects the head and the hair or it is poorly sculpted and then I have to decide if I will be able to bend the hair into place. it is not noticable from the sides at all. It is however visible if u stand 5 cm/ 2 inches from her face and stare directly at the hairline.

- This is a personal opinion but i think the sword is way to loose when it is attached to the hand. It also has tape on the attachment part that connects the entire arm. Seems like they sorta fixed some sizing error they did. Bet everyone got this.

Was thinking of using glue but then i realized i didn't want to risk breaking the arm when i store it. Luckily, I got the exclusive so I can just use the other arm which looks better anyway.

Some minor faults except for maybe the hair, nothing worth sending back for since I live in sweden and here we don't complain when stuff does not go our way, we just fix the situation and make the best of it. Like when you are on your way to the mall and a polar bear wants to eat you and you just accept the challenge and things escalte quickly. Basically, stuff like that.

It is a keeper, I approve of this statue and remember kids, drugs are bad.

Last edited:
$(KGrHqUOKpwFGy-OgyciBRy0f7k0oQ~~60_57.JPG

This is my very first "BIG" statue. Been collecting random 10inch/22cm (1/7 scale) figures for a few months from amazon and decided to give this statue a shot. This is my very first sideshow statue and I must say I am impressed. I think impressed might not even cut it as the word itself seems puny when used in the presence of this statue. Basically iam speechless and I am having difficulty to express how well made this statue is... especially when she is looking at me while iam typing which is sorta making me nervous as she might smite me for saying something bad but whatever I got a real katana in my room if it gets to real.

With that said, Mine came with the following faults:

- on her left scythe holding hand, on her index finger she is missing more than half of ther nail polish.

Not hard to fix if u have the EXACT color but I dont know it and it is a barely visible fault anyway.

-on her thong there is too much white paint applied, basically a white line of paint on her thong that is visible when u look at her from ground angle, the paint dripped on her thigh a little and basically formed small lumbs, i removed that and it is now a barely visible/non-exsistant fail that can only be seen from "ground angle" now that I have removed the lumbs.

I could fix this with black paint but why bother since it is so minor and it is not like I am going to display it on a 2 meter pillar.

-The colours used to mark the spikes are somewhat visible in a small "circle" around the spikes.

Again, could fix it with some brown paint but it is a minor fault anyway.

-the right side of her head seems to have a little gap between the hair and the head itself.

This one seems tricky to fix I tried to move around the hair a little with varied results, either there is some sort of blockage in the hole that connects the head and the hair or it is poorly sculpted and then I have to decide if I will be able to bend the hair into place. it is not noticable from the sides at all. It is however visible if u stand 5 cm/ 2 inches from her face and stare directly at the hairline.

- This is a personal opinion but i think the sword is way to loose when it is attached to the hand. It also has tape on the attachment part that connects the entire arm. Seems like they sorta fixed some sizing error they did. Bet everyone got this.

Was thinking of using glue but then i realized i didn't want to risk breaking the arm when i store it. Luckily, I got the exclusive so I can just use the other arm which looks better anyway.

Some minor faults except for maybe the hair, nothing worth sending back for since I live in sweden and here we don't complain when stuff does not go our way, we just fix the situation and make the best of it. Like when you are on your way to the mall and a polar bear wants to eat you and you just accept the challenge and things escalte quickly. Basically, stuff like that.

It is a keeper, I approve of this statue and remember kids, drugs are bad.

index.php

Well i went ahead and painted my lady death into Hope skin tone version, i like her better with skin now. plus gave her outfit more of a pop to it.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvlKE4_CgY[/ame]

:horror :thud: OMG! Very Very Impressive Job on LadyDeath/Hope, I have said this in the Past John my Friend, you have some Mad Skills, Professional Grade Workmanship, seems like everything you Customize becomes better than the Original in some cases, I do like the eyes they used to be Blue but I perfer this look, Excellent Excellent Post

thanks guys!

ya i wasnt sure on the eyes, never really read to much LD comics, just liked the idea of her in flesh. Was a lot of fun and working on her i got to appreciate the sculpt even more.

Back