L.A. Noire from Rockstar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a dumb question so feel free to mock me but if you could at least answer the question while your mocking I'd appreciate it. :)

I see the Gamestop exclusive has an extra case to unlock and I was wondering if I need to be hooked up to Live to get it? I don't have my 360 online so would I be SOL? Are most of the "extra" things for games DLC or are they normaly on the disk all ready?

Not sure about xbox, but for ps3, they usually give you a piece of paper with a code and you need to punch it into some in-game menu or at the ps store and it'll download it for free. I would imagine it's the same for xbox.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDJwWGVz2Fc"]YouTube - L.A. Noire - Gameplay Series - Rising Through The Ranks[/ame]

I see the Gamestop exclusive has an extra case to unlock and I was wondering if I need to be hooked up to Live to get it? I don't have my 360 online so would I be SOL? Are most of the "extra" things for games DLC or are they normaly on the disk all ready?

DLC content is normally stuff you download from XBOX Live which is stored on your harddrive seperate from content on the actual game disk. In some cases though (Fable 3) a lot of content IS on the game disk and just unlocked via the download.

Also, there are times when XBOX will release previously DLC only stuff on actual game discs. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City is one example.

You could do what I usually do: Connect your 360 with the same ethernet cable that you use for your computer (just remove it briefly) to get online and DL stuff. Then disconnect/re-connect the line back to your computer and you're good to go. Setting up a silver account is free and only takes a couple minutes. Then you can "hot swap" to get connected any time you need it. I just DL free content personally.

You guys think Ill have a hard time buying this come May 7??? I didnt Preorder anywhere plan on just hitting both the Best Buys in my area one of them should have it right... I dont think it will sell out that fast... Im not after the EX ver if there even was one for this...

So excited for this, Rockstar is making me an incredibly happy guy. As if giving myself and other fans an epic crime saga like GTA IV wasn't enough they go all out and give us Red Dead (the 1800's/Old West is my favorite time period), then with L.A. Noire, that's by far one of my favorite genres. If Agent turns out to be even half as good as these, I'll be set.

Also,did anyone else notice that the Arson Cop is the cop from TDK? ("I want my phone call", dude)

You guys think Ill have a hard time buying this come May 7??? I didnt Preorder anywhere plan on just hitting both the Best Buys in my area one of them should have it right... I dont think it will sell out that fast... Im not after the EX ver if there even was one for this...

Has a video game ever been difficult to get on release day? I'm sure you will have NO problem.

back in topic as mods obviously about

Rockstar’s Jeronimo Barrera says players will find disc swapping “hassle-free,” further noting that “players will only need to swap discs twice at natural breaks between cases without interrupting the flow of the game.”

Thats cool doing this with Reach was no bigge honestly. Don't know if I'll get this right when it comes out but I will get it at somepoint.

Back