Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drooping saber

Has anyone experienced this???????

my Kylo arrived, and I immediately opened it, displayed it and took a photo.

IMG_3083_zpssx5lrz2c.jpg

The next day, when I woke up, look what happened??

IMG_3091_zpsnzhmaa9a.jpg

It seemed like the rubbery material of the saber, plus its weight and length has succumbed to gravity!

I display my figures in a cool dry place, and the lighting are all LED which does not generate heat.

I have sent an email to Sideshow. Waiting for their reply.

Re: Drooping saber

IMG_3083_zpssx5lrz2c.jpg

IMG_3091_zpsnzhmaa9a.jpg

It seemed like the rubbery material of the saber, plus its weight and length has succumbed to gravity!

I display my figures in a cool dry place, and the lighting are all LED which does not generate heat.

Yikes. No sign of drooping on mine. Yet. Fingers crossed.

Wow!! That is super odd. I just looked at mine and it looks fine. The blade doesn't have enough weight IMO to cause that bend. I imagine it has to be a heat related, if your lights don't get hot then could it be that the ambient temp in the room got too warm?? Either way that warrants a replacement.

Kylo is way too young be to having those kind of issues.

:lol

joke aside.. its not funny actually.... lets hope its not the norm and yours is the exception, which SSC will replace for you asap...

Wow!! That is super odd. I just looked at mine and it looks fine. The blade doesn't have enough weight IMO to cause that bend. I imagine it has to be a heat related, if your lights don't get hot then could it be that the ambient temp in the room got too warm?? Either way that warrants a replacement.

I can assure you my display area has no issues with heat, or ambient temperature. All my other figures and props have no issues.

079f2a2fe62a3040cbd0b6366378db5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wooaahhh what happened with the saber? is it really that heavy that it will cause it to bend? maybe the led lights are ok but room temp is kinda warm? is your display on air-conditioned room? nevertheless, that's unacceptable for a premium format.

wooaahhh what happened with the saber? is it really that heavy that it will cause it to bend? maybe the led lights are ok but room temp is kinda warm? is your display on air-conditioned room? nevertheless, that's unacceptable for a premium format.

See the photo of my display area. C'mon. Granted I'm in Singapore and it's a tropical country. But it's not warmer than summer anywhere else. And it's not even exposed to direct sunlight.

Even my decorative candles don't melt!

This melted in less than 12 hours and over a cool night. I suspect the curing for the saber wasn't proper or the wrong mix of hardener was applied. I think this is one off since no one else is experiencing it.

To the person earlier, I did have to give a little bit of effort to get the front foot in. It went in but It was a little tight.

Also this lightsaber is pretty thick so I can't even imagine how the saber would do that

See the photo of my display area. C'mon. Granted I'm in Singapore and it's a tropical country. But it's not warmer than summer anywhere else. And it's not even exposed to direct sunlight.

Even my decorative candles don't melt!

This melted in less than 12 hours and over a cool night. I suspect the curing for the saber wasn't proper or the wrong mix of hardener was applied. I think this is one off since no one else is experiencing it.

Sideshow will definitely send you a replacement. Keep us updated, hopefully the replacement doesn't have the same issue. GL!!

Received mine today, very happy with it. Glad to see we are back to using poly stone instead of plastic for the head/helmet. After enough futzing it looks great, love the pose. Very difficult to fit into a Besta with the saber displayed. I am displaying mine without the saber so that I can position it such that the light in my cabinet (which is near the middle of the cabinet ceiling instead of the front) actually lights up the statue. The top of the base actually has a nice amount of detail, too bad you can't really see it. Its much better than the bases on the recent Boba Fett and Vader PFs, though. Although I'm not displaying it, the saber turned out really well. I think most people would be very happy with it. The helmet looks spot on to me, and the mixed-media clothing has good detail and decent thickness, very posable. Could maybe benefit from some water treatment as it does retain some of the wrinkles from how it is packed.

Overall, Sideshow did a pretty good job with this one. Maybe the biggest positive, for me at least, is that the pose looks like it is right out of the movie, and so it really looks like a mini Kylo Ren. It's just a great representation of the character. Compare to the recent Vader PF, which has a similar level of detail but the pose seems very unnatural and so it lacks realism. The same is true for Boba Fett, although to maybe a lesser degree (in this case the pose seems "natural" but I don't recall it happening in the movie so it lacks a certain familiarity).

I'm really looking forward to Maul now. If the face sculpt looks as good on the production pieces as it does on what we have seen so far, it may be the best of the recent Star Wars PFs.

I'm actually way more impressed with the base than I was from seeing pictures. It's probably the favorite base of any PF I have currently. It's not boring and it's not distracting to where it's more eye catching than the character himself. It's just a really cool base. And a lot bigger and heavier than I was expecting.

Re: Drooping saber

IMG_3083_zpssx5lrz2c.jpg

IMG_3091_zpsnzhmaa9a.jpg

WOW that doesn't look good at all :(
By the way I have a question for the ones who already received their pieces, is the hood hard to adjust? I saw on most of the pictures without it or if it was on looked very stiff and off. I have no idea when i'm going to able to pick him up here in Europe, but i would like to display him with the hood on I think it really gives him that sinister evil look.

When you receive your Kylo Ren all of the material for the robe in Taber's are all bundled up under his crotch. You have to undo everything straightened out then use the steamer to take all the wrinkles out. Once you do that then it's easily adjusted to the photograph you see from sideshow or whatever direction you desire to display it. The key though is to steam out all the material before hand.

As for the hood mine had no issues whatsoever and I was easily able to make it look like it does in the film where actually covers the majority of the helmet unlike you're seeing on sideshow or most of the photographs. The material sticks together. You'll need to separate it all out and adjusted appropriately and steam it then it does wonders.

My Figures front foot will not sit all the way down regardless of how much pressure I use or what angle I try to sit in. It's an extremely tight fit in the figure certainly is not moving off the base but there's a good 3 mm separation between the base in the foot itself. That part in my opinion is very disappointing.

I can assure you my display area has no issues with heat, or ambient temperature. All my other figures and props have no issues.

079f2a2fe62a3040cbd0b6366378db5f.jpg

damn . what a great display and collection you have !!!

Back