Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately Kylo Ren did absolutely nothing for me in the film so I have no interest in this piece. He was a let down in terms of a formidable Sith and lost all of his mystique within the first half of the film when he was unmasked.

There's a thread on the Iron Studios statue here;

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175362

Mostly just people pointing out how his lack of a neck looks dumb.

His lack of neck is because he's looking straight down at vader's helmet.... we defiantly need better pictures and angles before I decide but one thing that does put me off is there is no reason for him to have a lightsaber out, its not an action pose, its more of a reflection pose so the saber shouldn't be out.

Unfortunately Kylo Ren did absolutely nothing for me in the film so I have no interest in this piece. He was a let down in terms of a formidable Sith and lost all of his mystique within the first half of the film when he was unmasked.

I don't want to dive down the rabbit hole, but everyone complains that episode 7 was much too similar to episode 4. And you wanted more of that by them making a Vader copy? Masked 24/7, no emotion, visually imposing, great voice, etc.

I am sorry but before episode 5 came along, Vader had no depth what so ever. He was basically Tarkins dog in episode 4.

Sorry for bringing up film in statue thread... I like this statue, if they add light up, I may have to pull the trigger.

So..what are you doing in this thread when you already had no interest in the character in the first place :slap

I don't want to dive down the rabbit hole, but everyone complains that episode 7 was much too similar to episode 4. And you wanted more of that by them making a Vader copy? Masked 24/7, no emotion, visually imposing, great voice, etc.

I am sorry but before episode 5 came along, Vader had no depth what so ever. He was basically Tarkins dog in episode 4.

Sorry for bringing up film in statue thread... I like this statue, if they add light up, I may have to pull the trigger.

Obviously our opinion differs on both Vader and Kylo Ren. I'll leave it at that so as not to derail the thread.

So..what are you doing in this thread when you already had no interest in the character in the first place :slap

Excuse me for voicing my opinion on a piece that's based on a character from the film. Furthermore, I wasn't aware that everyone had to agree with you before we could comment on the piece. Carry on.

Excuse me for voicing my opinion on a piece that's based on a character from the film. Furthermore, I wasn't aware that everyone had to agree with you before we could comment on the piece. Carry on.

No, I have no problem if you don't like Kylo Ren at all, and I can see why some don't. That's your opinion, and I respect that.
But saying you don't like the character in a statue thread meant to be about said character is like saying you're vegetarian and you dislike meat in a meat store.
If you wana voice your dislike on Kylo, I think it's better done in a Star Wars movie forum.
Discussing why you don't like the statue, more to it! Love to hear other's opinion on the statue. But just saying you dislike the character in the movie..I don't know, I just find it futile, that's all.

Yep. Vader was nothing more than a henchman in ep IV. Kylo was more fleshed out in his 1st appearance and was the better character over Vader's ep IV appearance. Of course it changes when Vader gets fleshed out over 5 more films, a tv series, and the new canon books.

No, I have no problem if you don't like Kylo Ren at all, and I can see why some don't. That's your opinion, and I respect that.
But saying you don't like the character in a statue thread meant to be about said character is like saying you're vegetarian and you dislike meat in a meat store.
If you wana voice your dislike on Kylo, I think it's better done in a Star Wars movie forum.
Discussing why you don't like the statue, more to it! Love to hear other's opinion on the statue. But just saying you dislike the character in the movie..I don't know, I just find it futile, that's all.

I tend to agree. Anyone can say anything, but I don't go on the statue board pages of characters I don't like and comment. That seems odd and more appropriate for the movie section.

I think this is gonna be my first premium format figure. It looks so awesome. I'm just waiting for some reward points to kick in and then I think I'll preorder it.

I pre ordered this day one. Looking forward to starting my Star Wars PF collection. Also going to PO Rey and BB-8.

I should have clarified... I meant welcome to collecting 1/4 Star Wars.
No way I'm paying what SS wants for this.

My wait for a Kylo continues.

Yea I collected 1/6 stuff for years. Gentle Giant, Bowen, etc but I'm switching gears to 1/4 :D

DUqDHmV.gif

The more you wait, the pricier everything will get.

They're making 3500 of these guys, you should be able to find a slightly used one on Ebay shortly after it releases for much less... As long as SS keeps putting out large ES their value will keep dropping in the secondary markets.... Especially a 20" tall statue with a cloth robe over it. IMO it's not worth $570.00... I can see it going for around $450 on Ebay down the road...

Eligible for free shipping now. I still can't get myself to order this until the lightsaber is given a light up feature, which I'm not too sure it will given the shape and complexity of the blade design.

The more you wait, the pricier everything will get.

This one is priced way out of proportion. So in this case, I'm not so sure that is true. We may not get a better Kylo in this format or scale, but that assumption alone doesn't justify the price tag for me, as much as I really would like this.

Back