Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man if I know the HT will knock this one out of the park.. I would wait.. but if not, I won't pay for this $570 PLUS shipping. the price hurts, but free shipping and double rewards kind of brings it to what I was willing to pay... problem offer expires tomorrow and no clue when HT bring his version out... :( dont know what to do... :(

If it ends up anything like the Boba Fett PF and the Hot Toys 1/4 did, then I'd go statue. I really can't see the price of the Hot Toys 1/4th being much less, and who knows when it will come out, all of the 1/6ths seem to be getting pushed back now. The saber will probably be better on the Hot Toys figure but that is the only real area for improvement. Back to the Fett's. I have both and feel the PF looks and feels like a high quality piece of art, while the Hot Toys just feels like an overpriced plastic toy (a very nice one mind you, but at the end of the day no comparison in my opinion). This has a relatively small edition size so worst case scenario you just cancel or sell it when Hot Toys puts theirs out.

I'm going to wait to see the HT version. I can't justify the PF price at this time. Down the line if I want the PF I'm sure it'll still be there for around the same price point, exclusive or regular.

If they're losing any at all. They certainly track sales and pre-order metrics, they are a business after all. This is most likely a test to see how the $570 price tag does. If people continue to buy, welcome to the new average pricing.

That's the scary part...

Except that the Alien King statue is a massive piece and features multiple characters. Kylo is just one guy covered in cloth for $570. You can't really compare the two.

The Alien King is very finely detailed but it's not extremely massive honestly. It's 'just' 20" high.

Dear SSC you have finally priced me right out of collecting your statues... I'm officially out. It's not that I can't afford these statues, but it's that I refuse to pay $489-$570.00 for your products. I'll keep my last 4 PF statues and bid you a fond farewell... It was a nice almost 17 year run for me.. made many great friends here and I'll still be lurking.. but I have finally had to draw a line in the sand.. I wish everyone happy collecting and enjoy your statues...:)

Don't. You'll cave under pressure :p

So I just shipped my old Green lantern ex today, fairly mid size comq size of box and UPS wanted $85 at the cheapest. I ended up going with USPS but it still came out to $48. Just food for thought when considering the nature of this hobby and free shipping offers, or even standard ss shipping versus thinking you can pick it up later on the secondary market.

So I just shipped my old Green lantern ex today, fairly mid size comq size of box and UPS wanted $85 at the cheapest. I ended up going with USPS but it still came out to $48. Just food for thought when considering the nature of this hobby and free shipping offers, or even standard ss shipping versus thinking you can pick it up later on the secondary market.

Shipping has gone up a lot recently. I'm selling some of my collection and I have to spend on average 50% more then 2 years ago on shipping.

Shipped Kerrigan statue today and it was almost $70...going from TN to CA.

I don't trust USPS with statues so spent more going UPS.

yeah this high shipping is really making me think about trying hard to really only buy pieces I know for sure I want to keep in the permanent collection. Try selling a statue on the board or ebay with $80 shipping :lol

At the same time it makes me sad because reasonable shipping cost always allowed me to experiment and if I didn't like a piece I could easily sell it for something but if I did than jackpot.

I find on eBay it's a must to list with calculated shipping. That way it might be a decent deal still for some. Got burned too many times thinking something will be $10 to find out they're on the other side of the country and its $30 or something (thinking of 1/6 here). The prices fluctuate pretty wildly depending on the region it's going to.

I find on eBay it's a must to list with calculated shipping. That way it might be a decent deal still for some. Got burned too many times thinking something will be $10 to find out they're on the other side of the country and its $30 or something (thinking of 1/6 here). The prices fluctuate pretty wildly depending on the region it's going to.

What ???

I really wanted this, but I just can't justify that price. Kylo Ren is a pretty basic character design wise. I think I'll be happy with my 1/6. Can put it in the same pose and save $300.

Back